Motor trend-Viper vs GT vs Z06

mustangbee

Established Member
COBRA32 said:
Gt's are not going for 200,000 they are going for MSRP now. If they gave me a choice of which one, I would take the GT over the Z06 in a heart beat and you would be a fool to not take it also. A Ferrari is slower than the Z06 so I guess a ferrari must really be a junk hep too. Just like the guys in the magizine said its in another league compared to the ZO6. I will let the Guys at Motor Trend sum up the GT. How does the Ford GT stack up? Personality-wise it's the Ivy-League old-money fraternity president and rugby-team captain, a product of impeccable breeding. While the Viper and Vette are busy defending America's honor against the upper-middle-class competition, the GT packs the power, poise, and panache to parry and thrust with the blue-blooded Ferrari and Porsche flagships. Is it better than the other cars put together? The raw numbers may not make the case, but its emotional appeal is extraordinary Sure, it's hard to wriggle into, it's tight fitting, there's no place to put anything, and the ventilation is so-so. The same can be said about Superman's Lycra costume, but if it could make you fly, what would you pay to own it?

ok, this is real life and u cant "take" any car..things cost money.. see if u can get a GT under 200,000...some have went for $240k...their all marked way up..i could understand if the GT was even at the drag strip with the vette, but beat em at the track...but WTF?!? how does the vette keep up on the track against a $200k car? yeah, its lighter and all, but geez

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mustangbee said:
see if u can get a GT under 200,000...some have went for $240k...their all marked way up..

Do 5 minuets of research please before spouting your bullshit. This is seriously starting to look like a repeat performance of this. If you haven't heard, 2005 GT's are going for under MSRP. Open this months DuPont registry and there is a dealer selling 06's for 2K over MSRP.

Go to fordgtforum.com and take a look at multiple opportunities that current GT owners are posting of GT's at MSRP.

mustangbee said:
i could understand if the GT was even at the drag strip with the vette, but beat em at the track...but WTF?!? how does the vette keep up on the track against a $200k car? yeah, its lighter and all, but geez

Read this. Guess all those cars running slower than the C6 Z are a waste of money too huh?

In the end who really F-ing cares? I could make a ton of cars go faster than the Z, and no one would care. People don't buy cars cause a magazine reported a number. They buy whatever they like for so many more reasons. Seeing how way less than 1% of C6Z or Ford GT owners will ever seriously track their cars (whether it's the local 1/4 miles or you ship it to the N-ring) it's really a mute point.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Do 5 minuets of research please before spouting your bullshit. This is seriously starting to look like a repeat performance of this. If you haven't heard, 2005 GT's are going for under MSRP. Open this months DuPont registry and there is a dealer selling 06's for 2K over MSRP.

Go to fordgtforum.com and take a look at multiple opportunities that current GT owners are posting of GT's at MSRP.

Read this. Guess all those cars running slower than the C6 Z are a waste of money too huh?

In the end who really F-ing cares? I could make a ton of cars go faster than the Z, and no one would care. People don't buy cars cause a magazine reported a number. They buy whatever they like for so many more reasons. Seeing how way less than 1% of C6Z or Ford GT owners will ever seriously track their cars (whether it's the local 1/4 miles or you ship it to the N-ring) it's really a mute point.

listen dude, i can make a focking lawnmower outrun a ferrari, with less money in the lawnmower than the ferrari, dont pull that played out arguement, im talking stock vs. stock.. yeah, for 200K the GT should smoke a zo6.. "new" GT under 200k..is that better?..if i got that much money, why the hell do i want someone elses 5hit?!? u aint gotta clue

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mustangbee said:
listen dude, i can make a focking lawnmower outrun a ferrari, with less money in the lawnmower than the ferrari, dont pull that played out arguement

Then stop and think about why I did make the analogy...cause you just don't seem to get it.

You can have a hopped up vette or a Ford GT.

mustangbee said:
im talking stock vs. stock.. yeah, for 200K the GT should smoke a zo6..

And for 2 million dollars a Enzo should smoke the N/A version of the S7...

You still don't have a clue as to why there is a price difference between the cars.

mustangbee said:
"new" GT under 200k..is that better?..if i got that much money, why the hell do i want someone elses 5hit?!? u aint gotta clue

50bmg said:
A dealer selling 06's @ 2K over MSRP.

Thats as "new" as they come shit for brains. And the 05's I was referring to are still new on the lot as well.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Then stop and think about why I did make the analogy...cause you just don't seem to get it.

You can have a hopped up vette or a Ford GT.

And for 2 million dollars a Enzo should smoke the N/A version of the S7...

You still don't have a clue as to why there is a price difference between the cars.

Thats as "new" as they come shit for brains. And the 05's I was referring to are still new on the lot as well.

PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE explain the price difference and why then..why is this car on the cover of motortrend(in the same class) with the vette? Gee, why is motortrend comparing their numbers? i saw the link for the GTs..they were used..yeah some only had like 400miles, but still, is that brand new?..i guess im gonna hear the "its a collectors car" or "their only coming out for one year" arguement.. BTW, the only reason the enzo is 2mil is because of consumer demand..they werent that high at first..and they only made like 280 i believe.. ppl will pay anything for that car and wont sell it, thats not the case with a GT, hell just check that link u posted

Robert56

Z06 Racer
Established Member
50 BMG said:
Seeing how way less than 1% of C6Z or Ford GT owners will ever seriously track their cars (whether it's the local 1/4 miles or you ship it to the N-ring) it's really a mute point.
I disagree, if the C6 Z06 is anywhere near the C5 Z06, then drag racing, tracking and modding will be in the highest percent of any car owner/racer. So far, it looks like the C6 Z06 is not going to be the exception as reading from new owners taking their cars directly to the strip, road course or performance shop for mods is quite high. Now the Ford Gt may be a different story? I haven't even seen one on the road, let alone the drags or road course? I like the GT, but it is out of my $$ range. The new Z06 on the other hand can be had, the best bang for the buck. hell, you could buy a Viper and a Z06 have some pocket change left over.
Robert

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

mustangbee

Established Member

fordification

Established Member
I bet you could even build a c6 for less then 30k that would take the z06. could never build a GT for 170k.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mustangbee said:
PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE explain the price difference and why then..why is this car on the cover of motortrend(in the same class) with the vette?

Why was a Ford GT on the cover with an Enzo and a Carerra GT? Your point has about shit for substance. The Ford GT was with those 2 cars in the same manner the Z06 is with the Ford GT.

mustangbee said:
Gee, why is motortrend comparing their numbers?

Cause they need to sell magazines. And influence dumbasses...

mustangbee said:
i saw the link for the GTs..they were used..yeah some only had like 400miles, but still, is that brand new?

www.ebay.com Look it up genius; if you took 30 seconds and did it before running your mouth you wouldn't be the double digit IQ shitbird of the month on this board.

mustangbee said:
...thats not the case with a GT, hell just check that link u posted

:shrug:
The only links I've posted are repeat performances of you making an ass of yourself.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Robert56 said:
I disagree, if the C6 Z06 is anywhere near the C5 Z06, then drag racing, tracking and modding will be in the highest percent of any car owner/racer. So far, it looks like the C6 Z06 is not going to be the exception as reading from new owners taking their cars directly to the strip, road course or performance shop for mods is quite high. Now the Ford Gt may be a different story? I haven't even seen one on the road, let alone the drags or road course? I like the GT, but it is out of my $$ range. The new Z06 on the other hand can be had, the best bang for the buck. hell, you could buy a Viper and a Z06 have some pocket change left over.
Robert

The mods I could care less about which is why I didn't mention them.

While the new gotta have it C6Z owners may be taking their cars to the strip and putting longtubes on, that hardly relates to what you quoted me on (that being the "seriously" part). Even if it was true now...over time when more are available, the numbers will skew to <1%.

And the percentage of C5Z owners that truly used their car to obtain the potential magazines reported compared to those who won't/didn't (again the seriously part) is less than 1%. It already holds with the Ford GT which is all but guaranteed to be rarer than the C6Z and it was the case with the C5Z.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Why was a Ford GT on the cover with an Enzo and a Carerra GT? Your point has about shit for substance. The Ford GT was with those 2 cars in the same manner the Z06 is with the Ford GT.

yeah, that answered my question..lol

50 BMG said:
Cause they need to sell magazines. And influence dumbasses...

thats it, just look on ur nightstand, theirs about 20 copies of motortrend and C&D, right beside the lotion :-D :-D :-D

50 BMG said:
www.ebay.com Look it up genius; if you took 30 seconds and did it before running your mouth you wouldn't be the double digit IQ shitbird of the month on this board..

yep, im gonna be tossing and turning tonight :sleeping: just worried about it..its still freaking 2.5 zo6s, but WHY are they so high again? yeah u forget to respond, right?

50 BMG said:
:shrug:
The only links I've posted are repeat performances of you making an ass of yourself.

120k...150k..200k..its all the same, u cant afford it, and neither can i, thats why we drive what we drive, the point was showing the large difference in price, yet almost exact performance between the two cars, its a ford and a chevy, not a ferrari, not a lambo..two VERY similar american companies...u can turn it into whatever u what...."repeat performances" yeah, of ur childish ramblings.. sorry i didnt keep buying into ur played our arguement :mj: :mj:

Last edited:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
50 BMG said:
The mods I could care less about which is why I didn't mention them.

While the new gotta have it C6Z owners may be taking their cars to the strip and putting longtubes on, that hardly relates to what you quoted me on (that being the "seriously" part). Even if it was true now...over time when more are available, the numbers will skew to <1%.

And the percentage of C5Z owners that truly used their car to obtain the potential magazines reported compared to those who won't/didn't (again the seriously part) is less than 1%. It already holds with the Ford GT which is all but guaranteed to be rarer than the C6Z and it was the case with the C5Z.

Where are you getting these statistics from??? Obviously not from actual owners. :rollseyes

-RR

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Pretty simple where the "statistics" come from really, it's called look at what real world people who own the cars exact from the performance availability of them compared to the times magazines report.

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mustangbee said:
yeah, that answered my question..lol

Actually, I did answer your question. Feel free to review my last post if need be.

mustangbee said:
thats it, just look on ur nightstand, theirs about 20 copies of motortrend and C&D, right beside the lotion :-D :-D :-D

lmao, original. Talk about my mom next with your made up internet flaming logic. You've done nothing in here but prove you talk more shit than you're worth.

mustangbee said:
yep, im gonna be tossing and turning tonight :sleeping: just worried about it..its still freaking 2.5 zo6s, but WHY are they so high again? yeah u forget to respond, right?

Again, cause it's a different class of car. Seeing how you made the lawnmower vs. Enzo argument I though you might have figured that out by now...

mustangbee said:
120k...150k..200k..its all the same, u cant afford it, and neither can i, thats why we drive what we drive

Don't assume; I can more than afford a Ford GT. I almost bought one 6 months ago.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Don't assume; I can more than afford a Ford GT. I almost bought one 6 months ago.

WTF...and u drive a cobra... thats says alot..i'm thinking of moving up, and i dont make that much money.. "different class of car", i guess, that depends on ur opinion especially when performance is nearly identical..zo6 has crappy interior though..id say an enzo is in a different class than the ford gt, way before id say it about the ford and zo6..but then their is the "vettes just an overachiever" arguement.. either way, my opinion is better than ours :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... thats what its starting to sound like....

Users who are viewing this thread