bob450

Established Member
as title say
any how to for dummy!!??:banana::banana::banana::shrug:
best will be with out changing computer....and wire...or minimum
thank in advance:beer:

bob450

Established Member
in my country tax are high i did the maths it is an over 4000$ to change car for an auto car. i can get a trans for 800$ and do the job by myself....:idea:

5ohpowa

Established Member
Trans/converter/wiring/tuning/crossmember adapter bellhousing and a driveshaft at least. As he said above it would be cheaper to sell it and buy a auto car.

Sly Fox

Established Member
RaceRat is the only one to do thhis swap that I know of and she said the same thing, cheaper to get an auto car.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
in my country tax are high i did the maths it is an over 4000$ to change car for an auto car. i can get a trans for 800$ and do the job by myself....:idea:
You need the computer and harness to do a 6r80 swap. If you want a cheap solution I suggest looking for another option.

bob450

Established Member
thank to blkstang302 for info !!!:banana:
i was not aware about this kit, my concern is about driveshaft?
it seems there is no easy solution
i think more and more i should trade....
thank for info:rockon:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I did what others did I traded in the MT82 an bought a new A6

acrbill

Established Member
I traded my manual for an auto car. Definitely not the best financial move. People forget a lot of the costs associated with doing this.

Depreciation
The first part of your car loan is mostly interest payments so you are tossing that away only to start the process over again on a new car.

I am glad I don't have to worry about the problems I had with my trans but if given the opportunity I would probably swap back to manual.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I traded my manual for an auto car. Definitely not the best financial move. People forget a lot of the costs associated with doing this.

Depreciation
The first part of your car loan is mostly interest payments so you are tossing that away only to start the process over again on a new car.

I am glad I don't have to worry about the problems I had with my trans but if given the opportunity I would probably swap back to manual.

Great info there which is all true. But on the other hand spending 4-5k on a tranny swap is no better. All of it is a loss of money..which the trade tends to be cheaper than the swap.

bob450

Established Member
Originally Posted by Lethal302
Why not just buy the tranny you want when you get the car?

same as:
why not just buy a winning lotery ticket when you get ticket?:bored::lol:

answer:
unfortunately i dont predict futur lol :shrug:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Maybe you could find someone parting out a wrecked one? I saw some computers on eBay for an auto a few weeks back for $100. Would be nice if you found someone looking to go from auto to manual

5lho

Established Member
I picked stick because in '12, that was the only option that let me pick my other performance pieces, like Brembos and 3.73 gears.

People forget that factory setup on the autos is terrible for performance. They need a tune right away to be worth a damn, with all the warranty implications. They're mushy, shift slow and overall, are slower than the stick cars, as delivered.

If Ford set up the autos with decently tuned selectshift and allowed me to take the other performance pieces I'd have considered it, though. '13s let you do the latter but the tuning still sucks on the slushbox.

The MT-82 isn't perfect, mine's been fine since Ford rebuilt it correctly at about 3000 kilometers. A good shifter/bracket/fluid swap will take care of most non-catastrophic issues with this box.

stang910

Established Member
I plan on doing this swap sometime. I figure with my rxt clutch, MT82, and a tr6060 I have sitting the garage I can fund this swap for the most part. I've been looking at the truck 6r80's with can be had for as little as $800. Not sure what kinda issues I'd run into doing the swap with a truck trans, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Bud

Established Member
With the work involved I'm sure it would be cheaper to trade on an auto, that is what I did. I got great deals on my m6 and my a6 that allowed me to do the trade without much loss.

That said, I will have a low mileage (~9000) 6r80 for sale with cooler and lines in the next month or two. Wouldn't be too far in price from the high mileage truck 6r80's on ebay that are out of wrecks or fires. It's too bad nobody can bench flash the ecm from a manual to auto and vice versa, that would be helpful. Harnesses would still be needed though.

Users who are viewing this thread