Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

Dineau

Established Member
Keep us posted on the fix for the Rattle / Excessive vibration !

At first I was going for the MGW , but changed my mind whwn I saw this bracket but the buzzing noise and Vibration is kind of annoying.

PS I have stock shifter and bushings with no whiteline transmission mount === fully stock with the bracket

Last edited:

kowalmustang

Established Member
Just put a dss driveshaft on and noticed that the shifter vibration is gone at any rpm. Still has a little buzz from the shifter but you can barely hear it. I have the blowfish bracket with barton shifter.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I installed the bracket just a few hours ago. I already had the WL bushing, so I just left it in there. Under moderate load, I get the buzz at about 3000. It sounds fine otherwise, and it's not enough to annoy me. I like the more direct feel, and the shifts feel very clean. I have an MGW too, I just didn't have time to install it at the same time.

Last edited:

Dineau

Established Member
I installed the bracket just a few hours ago. I already had the WL bushing, so I just left it in there. Under moderate load, I get the buzz at about 3000. It sounds fine otherwise, and it's not enough to annoy me. I like the more direct feel, and the shifts feel very clean. I have an MGW too, I just didn't have time to install it at the same time.

That sounds like mine with that "buzz / vibration" at high RPM...

Let us know if the MGW is worth while to reduce the downside of the bracket

Stew5.0

The bracket fix is now available on the Blowfish Racing site under drivetrain. For a limited time it costs 40.00 and you will be refunded minus the shipping for sending back the pieces of bracket they require back.

stags

Established Member
Looks like a good piece for those using Barton or stock. Looks unnecessary for MGW GEN2 though. I'm perfectly happy with my MGW gen2 and blowfish. I don't see enough marginal value in the MGW race spec to justify the marginal cost

Grabber2012

Established Member
Looks like a good piece for those using Barton or stock. Looks unnecessary for MGW GEN2 though. I'm perfectly happy with my MGW gen2 and blowfish. I don't see enough marginal value in the MGW race spec to justify the marginal cost
I wouldn't get one either if I already had an MGW, but it's much cheaper than an MGW shifter, and a blowfish bracket, plus you get rid of the snake like shift arm, for a solid straight shaft.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Totally unacceptable. They are giving you a two week window to exchange the parts to fix their issue. And they haven't even come out with an official announcement telling you about this. During the holiday where most people are busy with family. It's like they are trying to hide the exchange policy and at the most inconvienent time so that the least amount of people take advantage of this. After Dec 24, they are going to charge you $80 for the "fix".

That is just piss poor business. I don't know why anybody would bother with this bracket now that MGW came out with their race spec. Which is why you see soo many blowfish brackets for sale second hand already. And now CJPP is blowing them out with a sale as well.

I was duped into the blowfish bracket. They had a good idea, but they jumped the gun, and now they want to make us pay for it. Again.

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
Kinda like how MGW came out with the Race Spec...

No not even close. They came out with a new product. They didn't have issues with the previous iteration that required a redesign. I wont even comment on the issue of making the customers pay for prototyping a product.

Dineau

Established Member
Just placed my order for the retrofit kit, great customer service and very collaborative.

Now I just hope it will resolve the vibration/buzzing issue at high RPM.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Kinda like how MGW came out with the Race Spec...

No not even close. They came out with a new product. They didn't have issues with the previous iteration that required a redesign. I wont even comment on the issue of making the customers pay for prototyping a product.

Exactly. There was not anything wrong with the standard MGW shifter. It did what it was supposed to do, without compromise. The race spec addressed a separate issue. MGW stepped up to the plate eliminating the need for a separate bracket, that everybody was having issues with.

86Fbody

Established Member
Just placed my order for the retrofit kit, great customer service and very collaborative.

Now I just hope it will resolve the vibration/buzzing issue at high RPM.

Vibration will still be there, unlike the MGW with all of its bushing material the stock shifter is plain and will allow the vibration through, the noise however should be greatly reduced if not completely gone.

86Fbody

Established Member
The buzzing I think is an issue with the vibration passing through the reverse mechanism on the shifter, I bet if you placed a small strip of Dynamat on it that would get rid of the buzz, or help reduce it.

Users who are viewing this thread