Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

Angry50

Established Member
get the clutch. I have the MGW, Blowfish bracket, jcp clutch line, and BG Syncro Shift II Fluid. Still get clutch pedal stick at any shift past 7300. I going with a McCleod RST

i want to but just dont have that kind of money right now. i only have the issue in 1-2 shift all other gears i can shift at 7500 fine. so as it is i have to short shift at 7 1-2 then i can run it all the way up

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I ordered mine on the 27th now it says back ordered didn't see that anywhere when I ordered it though. I'm going all out this time. Ordered MCleod RXT/Alum flywheel and aluminum driveshaft as well.

twistedneck

Established Member
So the main function is to fix the dreaded wont go into 3rd gear issue around certain corners with MT82 remote shifter?

I don't see how this will fix the cold weather issues or the weak syncros problems we have.. i.e. at low RPM the MT82 does not engage well unless its very warmed up and you can easily get a grind if you don't mind the resistance between shfits especially 1st to 2nd when cool or cold.

Spec stage 2+ clutch totally fixed my sticky factory clutch problem and I didn't even replace my TIB.

Also, is it possible that we might crack the MT82 since its not designed to take the entire load from the body? the MT82 is not a stressed member of the car, but bolting it up to the body will stress it (and make the car stiffer at the same time).

Want, but holding off until more reviews.. great product Blowfish! glad you are so damn smart not only to think of it but build it.

skwerl

Banned
So the main function is to fix the dreaded wont go into 3rd gear issue around certain corners with MT82 remote shifter?

I don't see how this will fix the cold weather issues or the weak syncros problems we have.. i.e. at low RPM the MT82 does not engage well unless its very warmed up and you can easily get a grind if you don't mind the resistance between shfits especially 1st to 2nd when cool or cold.

Spec stage 2+ clutch totally fixed my sticky factory clutch problem and I didn't even replace my TIB.

Also, is it possible that we might crack the MT82 since its not designed to take the entire load from the body? the MT82 is not a stressed member of the car, but bolting it up to the body will stress it (and make the car stiffer at the same time).

Want, but holding off until more reviews.. great product Blowfish! glad you are so damn smart not only to think of it but build it.

You obviously do not understand how shifters or this bracket work. Nobody ever claimed it could fix internal syncro issues. Nothing will fix that except upgrading the transmission to a T56 Magnum.

And the highlighted portion of your post has me baffled. You obviously have no clue as to how the shifter is attached to the transmission or how the transmission is attached to the car. I suggest you keep waiting until you understand it a little better.

twistedneck

Established Member
You obviously do not understand how shifters or this bracket work. Nobody ever claimed it could fix internal syncro issues. Nothing will fix that except upgrading the transmission to a T56 Magnum.

And the highlighted portion of your post has me baffled. You obviously have no clue as to how the shifter is attached to the transmission or how the transmission is attached to the car. I suggest you keep waiting until you understand it a little better.

Goodness skwerl

I never claimed anyone "claimed" it would fix the issues I mentioned I just was making an observation.

Please educate me on the attachment, based on the cad model pics it looks bolted rigidly to the trans and that's the whole point of it (aside from double duty as a clean and simple loop).. Is it not bolted to the back of the trans mounting bracket?

draxxus131

Established Member
Before the Beta testers even received their Blowfish Brackets, the designer/creator was using the bracket on his near stock vehicle for over 1 1/2 years, it is a very thought out design and the creator has taken into account the stiffness factor. No issues thus far, I would presume the bracket is completely safe for the tranny.

Angry50

Established Member
the bracket has no negative impact on the tranny. all it does is disconnect the shifter from the car and bolt it the transmission. only negative outcome is some extra vibration in the shifter

skwerl

Banned
Goodness skwerl

I never claimed anyone "claimed" it would fix the issues I mentioned I just was making an observation.

Please educate me on the attachment, based on the cad model pics it looks bolted rigidly to the trans and that's the whole point of it (aside from double duty as a clean and simple loop).. Is it not bolted to the back of the trans mounting bracket?

Please explain/clarify this statement from your earlier post:

The transmission is not bolted to the body, it is bolted to the engine. The stock shifter is attached to the transmission via the front mount and the car body via the rear mount. The Blowfish bracket eliminates the body mount so both the front and rear shifter mounts are attached directly to the transmission. Everything in your earlier statement copied above is wrong.

baldtaco

Established Member
I installed mine last night and drove about 26 miles this morning to work and its quiet under normal driving conditions and barely made any extra noise shifting at around 7300 1st-3rd. I still have the stock shifter and everything feels much smoother although I had not had any problems with shifting or lock out prior, but I also only have 1400 miles on the car.

86Fbody

Established Member
For those with noise issues Steve is working on a fix for this, I have tested one of his designs and the noise is reduced greatly.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
For those with noise issues Steve is working on a fix for this, I have tested one of his designs and the noise is reduced greatly.

This would be great. I've adjusted the bracket a couple times, but get the same results. It's mostly the shifter rattling in a side to side motion under WOT. Normal driving is fine.

86Fbody

Established Member
This would be great. I've adjusted the bracket a couple times, but get the same results. It's mostly the shifter rattling in a side to side motion under WOT. Normal driving is fine.

I think it is something internal to the shifter box that is rattling, I never checked prior to installing the new snout bracket but currently I get no noise if I hold the shifter and if I don't it is extremely subtle.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I think it is something internal to the shifter box that is rattling, I never checked prior to installing the new snout bracket but currently I get no noise if I hold the shifter and if I don't it is extremely subtle.

If I hold it there is no noise, but that would be because of me physically keeping the shifter from rattling. I do have the whiteline trans bushing too, as well as the barton :shrug:

The compromise is worth it though

twistedneck

Established Member
Please explain/clarify this statement from your earlier post:

The transmission is not bolted to the body, it is bolted to the engine. The stock shifter is attached to the transmission via the front mount and the car body via the rear mount. The Blowfish bracket eliminates the body mount so both the front and rear shifter mounts are attached directly to the transmission. Everything in your earlier statement copied above is wrong.

Thank you, that's the key its not bolted to the body anymore.. Can you see it moving now relative to the body during heavy high g turns?

Last edited:

Schutz

My MGW shifter with blowfish bracket develops a nasty humm/rattle at 68mph through 85 mph. I know this cause I drove from FL to TX and it drove me crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread