Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

_Snake_

Established Member
I saw on the blowfish site, they jacked the price up to $320 smh as great a piece as it is, come on man!

Common practice. Encourages customers to use the distributors instead of buying directly from the manufacturer. I just went through the same thing with a SPAL fan.

scott_0

Established Member
Common practice. Encourages customers to use the distributors instead of buying directly from the manufacturer. I just went through the same thing with a SPAL fan.

ah ok, I wasn't aware of that. thanks for the explanation man.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Going from the stock shifter to the MGW made a world of difference, for me. I've missed 3rd a couple of times, but that's because I'm moving the shifter too far and hitting the gate between 3/5. If I just drive the piss out of it, I can hit all the gears without problem, barking 4th gear. I've been interested in this bracket, but not sure how much improvement I'll see over the complete MGW replacement.

FWIW, I used the track bushing in the MGW mount, did not use the supplied RTV between it and the chassis, and did not use the supplied dynomat. I did not have any NVH increase over stock.

86Fbody

Established Member
SVT Rob, there are a few guys on BMO that have added this bracket while already having the MGW and they still say it's a huge improvement.

Angry50

Established Member
Going from the stock shifter to the MGW made a world of difference, for me. I've missed 3rd a couple of times, but that's because I'm moving the shifter too far and hitting the gate between 3/5. If I just drive the piss out of it, I can hit all the gears without problem, barking 4th gear. I've been interested in this bracket, but not sure how much improvement I'll see over the complete MGW replacement.

FWIW, I used the track bushing in the MGW mount, did not use the supplied RTV between it and the chassis, and did not use the supplied dynomat. I did not have any NVH increase over stock.

MGW + Blowfish bracket + clutch line + (not 100% needed) new clutch. = best MT82 shifting experience. at least to my knowledge lol clutch line is next for me

SVT Rob

Established Member
SVT Rob, there are a few guys on BMO that have added this bracket while already having the MGW and they still say it's a huge improvement.
Sweet. It's still on my list, I just moved it down after getting the MGW installed. Looks like I might be moving it back up :p
MGW + Blowfish bracket + clutch line + (not 100% needed) new clutch. = best MT82 shifting experience. at least to my knowledge lol clutch line is next for me
I want to do the clutch line next, I might try and finagle the wife into letting me do the bracket at the same time :p

Thanks for the info, guys!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Def. looking forward to seeing some more feed back with the mgw. I am saying this but i already know I will get the bracket.

Rickeysteve

Established Member
I just installed my blowfish bracket and I have to say I love it!!!! But on the other hand I'm getting a horrible vibration sound but it's from we're my Barton industries shifter spring for reverse lockout is located. I can grab the base of the shifter handle in noise will go away. Vibration only happens when accelerating at around 3k rpms. Please help! I have the whitline Trans mount as well.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I just installed my blowfish bracket and I have to say I love it!!!! But on the other hand I'm getting a horrible vibration sound but it's from we're my Barton industries shifter spring for reverse lockout is located. I can grab the base of the shifter handle in noise will go away. Vibration only happens when accelerating at around 3k rpms. Please help! I have the whitline Trans mount as well.

Remove the trans mount. It's pointless after you install the blowfish bracket.

-Nick

Rickeysteve

Established Member
That was my next thing to do. I checked everything in the actual shifter to fix the issue but no luck. I will try this a soon as I can get the car back on a lift. Thanks

Angry50

Established Member

i am having this similar issue but i have an sr performance shifter. im getting a new shifter and gasket to see if it helps. let us know if you find a solution

13BlackGT

Established Member
I installed the bracket today and I am very happy with it. I have the mgw too and it shifts great!! The install was not too bad except my mgw was glued to the floor with the silicone that went between it and the floorpan. I had to heat the tip of a screw driver and bend it into a prybar to pop that loose from the floor. I hear no nvh at all. I left it at the lower position and it seems to work fine there. When it was higher the mgw boot was making a popping noise as it folded going into second, fourth and sixth

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I installed mine yesterday, and the shifts are great! I love the way it feels, much more solid. Goes perfectly into gear, much better than before. The vibration of the shift knob is nothing really. But I do get a vibration sound when accelerating right around 3000 in 2nd and 3rd (not in 1st or 4th, haven't left my neighborhood yet so didn't try 5th or 6th). Since I'm still breaking in my new clutch, I haven't taken it over 3000. When I grab the shifter and put some pressure downward on the knob, it goes away. Now I still have the stock shifter, so I'm wondering if something is rattling in that shitty assembly.

I have the upper loop of the bracket as low as possible, so I don't think the shifter assembly is touching the body.

Rickeysteve

Established Member
I wonder if I use the poly bushing that's in the Barton to post bracket along with the blowfish bracket if the vibration sound would go away with ought removing the white line Trans mount

Angry50

Established Member
i dont know if im the only one but i didnt have the shifter gasket that goes between the shifter and the base. i got it from AM for 17.99 and it seems to have fixed my rattle issue

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
A lot of you guys are saying better but can you specify how? Any improvement in high RPM shifting?

While this mod will improve shifting, which I'm sure it does, it will NOT cure the pedal sticking to the floor. That is a PRESSURE PLATE and CLUTCH ISSUE! Do not trick yourself into believing it will fix that. The only true fix is a better clutch assembly. The bracket will and does fix keeping the shifter in line with the gates even as the tranny flexes because it's now part of the assembly, directly connected to it. I am a big advocate for the bracket, it just flat out works, but not a remedy for a poorly designed clutch assembly.

Angry50

Established Member
While this mod will improve shifting, which I'm sure it does, it will NOT cure the pedal sticking to the floor. That is a PRESSURE PLATE and CLUTCH ISSUE! Do not trick yourself into believing it will fix that. The only true fix is a better clutch assembly. The bracket will and does fix keeping the shifter in line with the gates even as the tranny flexes because it's now part of the assembly, directly connected to it. I am a big advocate for the bracket, it just flat out works, but not a remedy for a poorly designed clutch assembly.

this lol... i am soon to order the jpc clutch line to see what affects that has. then will b saving for a clutch

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
this lol... i am soon to order the jpc clutch line to see what affects that has. then will b saving for a clutch

get the clutch. I have the MGW, Blowfish bracket, jcp clutch line, and BG Syncro Shift II Fluid. Still get clutch pedal stick at any shift past 7300. I going with a McCleod RST

Users who are viewing this thread