Mviv??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRUZTAKER

Effin Marauder ownr
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Wow...its really amazing to see this happen. I was hoping for the FL guys to pull something off.....

Let's see if I can put in words that do not burn any bridges...I believe they may be a little more flexible with my suggestions and not take things so personally.... :rolleyes:

You (MC) folks aren't / weren't alone in hoping the Florida crew would offer something. There are plenty of OTHER outside Florida members willing to offer help as well. They have a massive following down there. One would think it would be easy to get a few of them together to organize something. I find it odd that only one or two of their 70 some members are interested, particularly with the member list being constantly boasted.

The one person that likely would have been most capable of willingly organizing something is no longer a player, and is unfortunately hated by the vast following of certain other 'players'. It's a shame really....

Jerry, your offer here is not unusual. You have always been a number one player, particularly if it gets the big T name out there. Unfortunately, I am not seeing any Florida members here in this forum. Perhaps your offer layed out on the other 'forum' may be seen by more FSM crew.

They, (FSM), would be silly to not consider your (JB) offer.

SergntMac

Established Member
Hey, Jerry. Nice of you to drop by and add your thoughts. Onward with MV-IV...Hope to hear some answers on where and when, the who isn't any concern to me. Actually, I was very serious when I suggested the MCM do it again, it's a plan in a box, yes? A permanent Marauderville suits me fine.

Last edited:

SergntMac

Established Member
DEFYANT said:
I have never been to Vagas. I would like to check it out. But it would have to be when it is cool there - if it is ever cool there. I do not plan on racing my car around in the desert heat. Then again, I never been there and dont know jack about the enviroment. Whatever :bored:
That a good point, but no dates have been set. It can get quite chilly in Vegas, I think someone back at the other board posted some almanac history on it.

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
You know Mac, you have a problem with me for a while, ever since you snobbed me at the first Trilogy Open House. Maybe it's beacause I too am very vocal. I have always been one when I see something that is not right I speak up. I see a lot that is not right with you My Friend. If you don't like me so be it. I really won't make my day one way or another.

I see Jerry put out the suggestion of the Chi-Town-Cruise. Be a man and step up to plate and host this as a MM event instead of saying "I may attend if I can find the time". Have you ever hosted anything or do you just ride on everyone elses coattails and complain that no one listens to your ideas?

Mac, I could go on and on with you but I will leave all this alone. You will longer be a factor in my life.

MikesMerc

Established Member
SergntMac said:
Not sure I get this, is it a question to me? Did I help Mary build a plan for Vegas? Mary needs no help planning anything, but I did get a copy of the plan sent to Logan...I wrote back that she left out the addresses of the "chicken ranches."

With regard to "one man on a mission", again do you mean me? You? Jim? What?

Mac, you are seriously paranoid buddy.

Now you're gonna go off on Defyant too? Man, that's sad.

Defyant was just giving a synopsis of the planning activities to date and clearly referring to the hassle Jim received over the fact that he single handidly offered up the Sebring plan. It has nothing to do with YOU at all!

Why do you always bring YOU into it? This isn't about YOU. You have made it clear all you want to do is show up and put your feet up. So why are you even on this thread? Why don't you go away and leave the planning to those willing to actually get involved instead of armchair quarterbacking the process?

MikesMerc

Established Member
SergntMac said:
Good, but that's the shortcoming of PMs, no one else knows what's going on, and they are not "private" anyway.

Mac, the process of selecting a MV venue will never ever ever ever be a democratic process....ever. You'll never get everyone, or even a majority, to agree on something like this. What part of this do you not understand?

Besides a few quick polls to get ideas, the MV venue will be set by a small group that puts a good plan in front of Logan...period. Do you have trouble with this concept Mac? This is what Logan wants. He's already said it repeatedly.

Jeezuz, short of writing it down in crayon for you, I cannot make it any more simple.

PMs are a GREAT way to organize support for a plan to be put in front of Logan. Open discussions are torn apart before they are even half thought out. The Sebring idea is a perfect example. This is what Defyant was trying to say I beleive.

I'm sorry if you have a problem this concept. But, that's what its going to take. No amount of armchair quarterbacking from someone who has already admitted they don't want to lift a finger to get involved is going to help.

My offer stands to ANYONE out there who wants to try to put a MV plan together. I will help as much as possible and share all the things that worked well, and not so well with MVIII. I sincerely hope a few folks grab one of Jerry's ideas, or one of thier own, and gets a plan in front of Logan soon before it is too late.

CRUZTAKER

Effin Marauder ownr
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
..... You'll never get everyone, or even a majority, to agree on something like this....

Sadly.

That was the beauty of MV-I. It was like the woodstock of meets.
Everyone still loved....everyone. ;-)

It was good.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Another Response from Jerry Barnes

Sarg,

I don't want to inflame this thing any more then it has been already. I am being very honest here, in an open forum and saying that you and I have had our differences. But, I am willing to move on and chalk it up to growing as a club. And yes, we in the Motor City are a bit sensitive at times about comments on these public forums, especially when we feel we have worked very hard to bring everyone together. And Sarg I have seen you be overly sensitive about things at times, also! So let's stop the bullshit, you and us, and get on with planning another great years of events.

And Sarg, right or wrong, I will always stick up for my good friends. This may sound strange, but if I do not approve of something they have said, I will stick up for them in public and discuss it with them in private. Not a PM, but private, face-to-face. If you and I become good friends, I will do the same for you, and I keep hoping that will happen.

I have seen great events planned by people like Cruztaker and a lot of people have shown up and really enjoyed themselves. We in the MC, do not hold that against him and some of the MC members are regulars at those events. We support it!

We see a great group of people in Florida and Chicago, but for whatever reason there seems to be some hesitation in coordinating some of the events. You can't find better people then Brad, Jerry Robbin, Big Joe P or Steve G. in Chicago and we in the MC would welcome the opportunity to come and hang out with everyone in Chicago. I can't say it enough, I love going to Chicago! It sounds like the Chicken Runs are a cool thing, but we need to make the effort to join you in these events. And I will.

Florida! I have made such great friends in Florida, it's becoming my second home. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the season openers in March! I have done nothing but talk to Chuck, Claude, Mark, Brian, etc., etc.,etc. about this trip. I will do as much as I have done for all of the past MV events in terms of support. I just need someone to let me know what they want. I do not want to appear to be taking over their event. I want to support it, not run it!

And what about the Chi-Town Dream Cruise? I am calling Brad and the other guys when I finish this note and see if we can get everyone together and support Jerry Robbin and the IMOA. I really enjoyed last year in Chicago. I got to hang out with some of my car buddies and my wife got to shop. I think they call the ying and yang, or something. Anyway everything was in balance in the world when that happens.

So, my suggestion is to let Chuck, Claude, Dennis or whoever work on MVIV in Florida. Or let Mary plan MVIV in Las Vegas. Whatever! We in the MC are busy planning our regional get-together at the Dream Cruise. Barry is planning some BBQ's in Ohio. Why don't the Chicago group plan a Chi--Town Dream Cruise Event? Everyone can't m ake all of the events, but a lot of us can make most of the events. And I really enjoy the change of scenery.

I want to say one more thing about Trilogy Motorsports and our supercharger kit. I am a bit sensitive about people saying I am trying to get Trilogy's name in front of everyone. Barry this is directed at your comment and I am not picking a fight on this one. But, I have really been very busy with other projects and I support the Marauder events, not as a vendor, but something that I am truely passionate about! If I was only interested in getting our name in front of everyone, I would just advertise and not be involved in any of the events. And if I were only interested in making money I would have dropped the Marauder crowd a long time ago and moved on to F150 and Mustang crowd. I can honestly say I have made some of the best and closest friends in my life as a result of this Mercury Marauder thing. Call me sentimental, but it is true. If you doubt what I am saying, talk to Mike(2), Dave, Slim, Paul, John(2), Chuck, Claude, Mark, Brian, Brad, Steve G., Billy(the wild man)GMan, MartyO, etc. We have all had that conversation and all agreed on how we feel about it. Now I not in to sitting in a circle and holding hands, that would really start the rumors flying, I am just saying a lot of good friendships have resulted in a common passion for a car and what we all do to it. And if we really want to talk about memberships and how I try to get Trilogy's name out in front of everyone, then why don't I hear that from
The Ducati Onwers Club members
The Viper Club members
The Good Guys Hot Rod Club members
The Harley Owners Group(HOG) members
The Shelby American Club members
The Jaguar Club members
etc.
etc.
Why, bacause they are not paranoid about my participation. If people don't want Trilogy to sponsor anything, don't ask. I will just come along like everyone else. Because I enjoy it!

If Marauderville IV does not happen, so be it! But, I am planning on hanging out with all of my friends, again, this year! Same great friends, same great times.

I am also feeling a empty spot where my World Record use to be. Even though I have not met Martyo personnally, we are good friends and share the same goals. I respect him for that and also want everyone to know I WILL GET MY WORLD RECORD BACK! Make no mistake! And I m sure MartyO will come right back after it. That's all about having fun and being competitive.

Enough said!

Sincerely,

Jerry

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Well said Jerry, I feel the same way you do on most of this, but couldnt have even come close to expressing it as eloquently as you have. We are doing our thing here in the Motor City, just like a lot of other clubs are. I like the idea of a Chicago event that I could attend, if I am welcome of course, just like Barry's meet would be nice to go to, if I am welcome. I guess its up to us all to get past this and enjoy each others company and share the passion of the car.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Civilian Dispatcher?

Mac, have you been spying on Dave?

SergntMac

Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Mac, you are seriously paranoid buddy.
I'm not your buddy. If you want to make a point, call me "pal". It's a more uniformly accepted insult that I get immediately.

As a representative of a club that has turned down the opportunity to host MV-IV for any reason at all, you have shown as much unwillingness to manage it as I have. You want me to step away, but I'm not telling anyone to make any decisions on their own, take any initiatives, or, ignore the interests and participation of the MM.Net membership at large. Fact is, I haven't given anyone any advice at all, I'm just voicing my opinion on this topic.

Last edited:

SergntMac

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Civilian Dispatcher?

Mac, have you been spying on Dave?
Not at all, Tim. A while back, Dave gave me a full tour of his new police facility. It's quite impressive, very well thought out.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Florida Group Re-Organizing

SergntMac said:
Now that we all have had a good chuckle, anyone interested in continuing the MV-IV discussion?

The moderator of the Sunshine State Marauders (SSM) Cobra 25 is working to set up a plan to re-organize our membership into state-wide regions so we can collectively work on MMIV among other things, as a group. We have grown so large and are so spread out that it makes it very difficult to get things decided upon for such a large event like MMIV. We fully realize the amount of time and effort it takes to put on a national event. We are still very interested in working to make MMIV happen here in Florida. We are having our annual picnic next month where the regional directors will present information from a poll from the respective members for group decisions and planning. Stay tuned.

jstevens

Established Member
Boy, that took my awhile to read through the bs.

The only thing I can add it Jerry, slim or the anti-slim are stand up people. We don't throw stones. I think once a decision is made about MV4 the better.

bigslim

Established Member
jstevens said:
Boy, that took my awhile to read through the bs.

The only thing I can add it Jerry, slim or the anti-slim are stand up people. We don't throw stones. I think once a decision is made about MV4 the better.
Thanks John. I hope the others reading this can see through Mac's "BS". It is easy to sit back and do nothing. I myself will never let something go if I see someone is "dead wrong". I have never had a problem with speaking up. I just wish that the others that have had enough of his sh!t would speak up.

bigslim

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
The moderator of the Sunshine State Marauders (SSM) Cobra 25 is working to set up a plan to re-organize our membership into state-wide regions so we can collectively work on MMIV among other things, as a group. We have grown so large and are so spread out that it makes it very difficult to get things decided upon for such a large event like MMIV. We fully realize the amount of time and effort it takes to put on a national event. We are still very interested in working to make MMIV happen here in Florida. We are having our annual picnic next month where the regional directors will present information from a poll from the respective members for group decisions and planning. Stay tuned.
Good luck on your efforts. I hope you guys pull it off. Thank you for an update on your progress.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
As a FL member I kinda hope that the next national event is NOT held here.

After being hit by one Hurricane after the next, I don't think the State of Florida could sustain the tempest of so much hot air. After all, I have satellites tracking my blow-mouthing for the evening news weather predictions already!

Mac, please stop bringing up all the cop stuff on a net forum. It makes no sense what-so-ever and demeans the profession. Keep it inside the box. It does not matter what each of us does professionally, only that we own the same car and talk about it in a car forum. So why go there? None of us work for NASA and are involved in launching Space Shuttles so who cares!

Jerry, your kit is a good, safe, reliable after market kit for a car. But no more than that. It is not the kit of all kits. All the kits produce a lot of performance for the owners and have proven themselves reliable. But your kit is the only one that has been grossly mis-represented and put on a high pedestal while you have sat quietly back for 3 years and let others sell it for you and rip your competition to pieces on one lonely website (correct that, now 2). Congratulations, you won! Big surprise that. You should be commendend for the monopolization of the website, capitalization of all the blower money spent, and indirect string pulling from behind the scenes. That is what being in business is, and you have done an excellent job hands down. Noone can fault a businessman for doing so. If we ever meet I promise to buy you a beer and toast your conquest to all present! The end result has been all the infighting and personal attacks that have also gone on for 3 years now.

That being said I hope everyone buys a Trilogy Kit, or trades in the kits they already have for a Trilogy kit, so everyone can go back to being friends again.

If not, I hope I blow-mouthed enough to really get this thread going! :pepper:

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Jerry, your kit is a good, safe, reliable after market kit for a car. But no more than that. It is not the kit of all kits. All the kits produce a lot of performance for the owners and have proven themselves reliable. But your kit is the only one that has been grossly mis-represented and put on a high pedestal while you have sat quietly back for 3 years and let others sell it for you and rip your competition to pieces on one lonely website (correct that, now 2). Congratulations, you won! Big surprise that. You should be commendend for the monopolization of the website, capitalization of all the blower money spent, and indirect string pulling from behind the scenes. That is what being in business is, and you have done an excellent job hands down. Noone can fault a businessman for doing so. If we ever meet I promise to buy you a beer and toast your conquest to all present! The end result has been all the infighting and personal attacks that have also gone on for 3 years now.

That being said I hope everyone buys a Trilogy Kit, or trades in the kits they already have for a Trilogy kit, so everyone can go back to being friends again.

If not, I hope I blow-mouthed enough to really get this thread going! :pepper:

Comments deleted on suggestions from good friends.

Jerry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread