MW2: No Russian (Spoilers)

chrisheltra

Established Member
I watched my son play that mission and I was taken back by it.... Killing innocent civilians seemed way over the top, even if it was for the greater good. Yeah it is a video game but to me it went too far and was way too dark. I think the story should have gone a different way.

I tried to stop myself but I couldnt resist asking.....

How old is your son?

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
I watched my son play that mission and I was taken back by it.... Killing innocent civilians seemed way over the top, even if it was for the greater good. Yeah it is a video game but to me it went too far and was way too dark. I think the story should have gone a different way.

Here comes California! If you think the game is too dark, and you dont like how it turns, DONT buy it. Be a responsible parent if you dont want your kid playing it and look it up first. Shit.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

The game is rated 17+, why are you letting him play it in the first place?

32102_call_of_duty_modern_warfare_2.gif

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Look up a couple posts, sit back and REALLY think about it as an American and figure out the most ****ed up mission.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
I thought the most ****ed up part was watching Reds land in suburbia. Then I thought "**** it, Ive been in NoVA, let em have it."

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

If I was you, I would've at least been smart enough to lie. Now you just look like an idiot, complaining about a game meant for MATURE audiences (17+) being played by your 15 year old son. Way to go, dad.

Oh wow, look right there on the back of the box. "Violent horror and suggestive themes." I can't believe they don't even warn you about these sorts of things, geeez, the nerve of video game makers these days.

Last edited:

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
You know, now that I think about it, I cant blame the man for his son playing this game. I had violent video games and movies when I was a kid. However, my parents gave me more credit than this guy gives his kid, apparently; they knew I wasn't dumb enough to confuse fake entertainment with reality. Having said that, I realize that you are what I like to call a "Convenient Carer", you don't mind or find fault in anything, until it affects you. For instance, you didn't care you kid was playing a violent game, until it had innocent civies getting torn to shreds. Parental aptitude isn't a matter of convenience, to the nines or quiet.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Are you guys serious? The kid is in high school and he can't play call of duty? Get the **** outa here with that crap.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
You guys are amazing.... I was commenting on, and agreeing with an observation someone else made.... I didn't originate the post. Video games are just that, a game but that scene was not typical and a comment was in order.

I don't need any of you commenting on my parenting abilities. You don't know me or my son... so do me a favor and keep this sh*t to yourselves.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys are amazing.... I was commenting on, and agreeing with an observation someone else made.... I didn't originate the post. Video games are just that, a game but that scene was not typical and a comment was in order.

I don't need any of you commenting on my parenting abilities. You don't know me or my son... so do me a favor and keep this sh*t to yourselves.

It is a typical theme (killing innocent people) in violent video games. So what are you missing here? You're only jumping on the bandwagon with this one man.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
It is a typical theme (killing innocent people) in violent video games. So what are you missing here? You're only jumping on the bandwagon with this one man.

I made a comment.... please differentiate that from jumping on the bandwagon. In all honesty I really could care less about it because it is a simple video game. You guys have made this into an issue which doesn't warrant the time spent. I am really not concerned.... if I was my kid would not be playing these games. He like myself clearly understands it is fantasy but commenting on an over the top scene doesn't mean I am chosing sides against violent video games. I actually think they are pretty amazing, and this one seems to be one of the best so far.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
The missions afterwards were FAR MORE powerful than the russian airport mission. Defending America on American soil struck me far harder than walking around an airport shooting CGI citizens.

exactly!
I knew nothing about the story line going into it. I had never played the franchise before. It grabbed my attention pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread