my 15,000+watt f150

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm 43 and while I would probably never build something that big I do like a good sounding loud system with some Lows.

I'm a musician so I love music.
I have a system that is clear as a bell and I can distinguish every little part.

That would be what I'd be after. I absolutely love a premium system that reproduces sound (highs, mids, lows) perfectly. One that is so natural that you just close your eyes and bath in it. If the bass is overwhelming, it just destroys the beauty of the music. But if the OP is after MONSTER bass, he certainly has it with that setup.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Pretty cool setup. You say it's a ground pounder, do you compete in any sanctioned events or just for fun? End of October is the "world Finals" for IASCA,USACi,dBDrag, and MECA in Huntsville Alabama. My business partner will be attending as a spectator, I may make the trip down. Have you ever checked out any of GroundZeros products?
just for fun, I'm going to be demoing at turkey drag this year. When I rebuild next year I'm going with tantric subs and taramps amps

The white fur on the doors is gayer than aids
Haters gonna hate
i more enjoy a normal amount of bass lol I put everything else towards SQ.....my single 12 in a small sealed box with only 300 watts is more than enough for me on a normal day, very rarely do i wish there was more.....but 300 watts pushing my 2 6.5" components just isn't doing it anymore.

Considering moving up to an active crossover system....adding another set of components and an 8" midbass to the rear, and possibly some 3" mid's to fill the gap up front.
I'm working on a sq build in my 2013 sierra. I have some hertz hsk165's, custom tc epic 8 sub, jl jx360/4 amp, ct sounds at500.1 amp all ran active on a jbl ms-8 processor and a ton of audiotechix deadener waiting to go in
<<<Must be getting old; doesn't see the point.
Its not for everyone but its fun as hell in there!
I'm 43 and while I would probably never build something that big I do like a good sounding loud system with some Lows.

I'm a musician so I love music.
I have a system that is clear as a bell and I can distinguish every little part.
it is a beast on the lows, 155+ down to 30/31hz and a 150+ down to 24/25hz
Its like a ****ing hurricane in your truck.
That was the goal

TermiInJax

Established Member
2 pyramid tw67 tweeters

When I worked in the car audio field 20 years ago, Pyramid was flea market/pawn shop junk. Has that changed in recent years? I used to love building outrageous SPL machines back in those days. Now I just enjoy the sound quality of my JL Audio subs, amps, and components in my truck and boat and my Klipsch Heresy's and Yamaha receiver in my house. Its hell getting older!

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
When I worked in the car audio field 20 years ago, Pyramid was flea market/pawn shop junk. Has that changed in recent years? I used to love building outrageous SPL machines back in those days. Now I just enjoy the sound quality of my JL Audio subs, amps, and components in my truck and boat and my Klipsch Heresy's and Yamaha receiver in my house. Its hell getting older!
Pyle/pyramid is still flea maket trash but their pro audio is good
Could you elaborate?

I'm curious what you mean...I haven't been into the sound system stuff for years.
The underground brand are way better and cheaper than mainstream brands

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just that there are many other lesser known brands that are equal or better quality.

Is their shit good? Of course. But there are others.

Most of the older guys will always go with them instead of exploring.

Sapperstang

Established Member
You have fur on your door panels. I honestly don't get it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're young and will outgrow whatever this is.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Jesus my buddy has two 12's and a zx1500 and made 146db... and I know my cobra with the same setup is a little louder.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Nice system I miss my old mountaineer I had 2 lvl 5 18s and few Rockford t2500s thing hummed that's for sure. Deff hit up mechman very soon his alts are top notch or dc electric if they are still around

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Nice system I miss my old mountaineer I had 2 lvl 5 18s and few Rockford t2500s thing hummed that's for sure. Deff hit up mechman very soon his alts are top notch or dc electric if they are still around

DC's are beasts for sure, there is no way I would pay $900+ per alt from dc though, I'm planning on going with 2 mechman 320's to go with my singer 350.

Jefe

Established Member
LOL thats crazy

So...any sound deadening tips?

03SVTscott

Established Member
I think it's cool.....I use to be into car stereo my self..I always had a system in whatever car I had....But I was always more of a sound quality guy.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
A couple new vids, it put up a 157.1 a few days ago

[youtube_browser]eIhBLXY0GwY[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]6gPhExM3sys[/youtube_browser]

20redfire03

Established Member
Back when I first started driving all I wanted was bass and more bass. Out of all the set ups I had my favorites were my 2 Rockford Fosgate Power HX2s in a large ported box and my single 12" Eclipse titanium in a small sealed box. Now I still like bass just not as much in my cars. I'm sure riding in this truck would be nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread