Condom Model
Established Member

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
What your saying is true yeah they could but maybe the previous owner to the op's syclone didn't want that set up then again we do not know why the truck was changed over. It could have been a blown motor, awd system could have been messed up etc. just more cost effective to turn it into what it is which I think it came out perfect for a truck of that caliber that wouldn't have the original drivetrain

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
Would you say the same thing if he lifted his Lightning with a 4WD conversion and a NA 3V swap?

but I have MY F350 for that!!!

42c9440e.jpg

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
OP, I LOOOVE your Syclone. I personally want to do a turbo LS of some sort in one. Or a power plant from a Turbo Regal. If the AWD could be made to take the power, absolutely keep that, too. Now I personally wouldn't be the guy to take the original turbo 6 & AWD out and go with a V8 RWD. BUT, if I ran across one that had already been done and the price was right, bet your ass I'd be alllll over it! :D

Again, sweet ride man. Enjoy! :beer:

wow, complete waste of a truck. only 3000 built and someone wants to turn it into an S10 with a body kit:nonono:

**** yea, it doesn't get more 'out of the box' than a RWD S10 with an LS swap...
Syborg Twin Turbo - One wild Sonoma GT - High Performance Trucks Forums
So you are ok with the Sonoma GT build, but no this Syclone? Don't get me wrong. That Sonoma GT is bad f--king ass IMO. But, if not staying pure to what it was from the factory or "wasting" a limited production truck is so offensive, the GT builder hacked a "1 of 806 built" truck to pieces. Again, I personally LOVE that truck. So I am far from offended. I just wanted to point out that GTs are more limited than Sy/Tys.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
So you are ok with the Sonoma GT build, but no this Syclone? Don't get me wrong. That Sonoma GT is bad f--king ass IMO. But, if not staying pure to what it was from the factory or "wasting" a limited production truck is so offensive, the GT builder hacked a "1 of 806 built" truck to pieces. Again, I personally LOVE that truck. So I am far from offended. I just wanted to point out that GTs are more limited than Sy/Tys.
you know what's also rare? a yugo. i didn't think it would need explaining, but this is obviously about more than just production numbers. the syclone is a significant vehicle in automotive history - a sonoma GT is slightly more than a rare body kit on a vehicle that was barely competitive in its segment.

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
OP, I LOOOVE your Syclone. I personally want to do a turbo LS of some sort in one. Or a power plant from a Turbo Regal. If the AWD could be made to take the power, absolutely keep that, too. Now I personally wouldn't be the guy to take the original turbo 6 & AWD out and go with a V8 RWD. BUT, if I ran across one that had already been done and the price was right, bet your ass I'd be alllll over it! :D

Again, sweet ride man. Enjoy! :beer:

thank you bud, appreciate the comments. I'll be honest, to have all these comments is nice. Like I said, good or bad I can take the heat. I do appreciate Ry_trappo because he has been in here more than any other so I guess he is a closet syclone LS2 lover.. just kidding bud, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
thank you bud, appreciate the comments. I'll be honest, to have all these comments is nice. Like I said, good or bad I can take the heat. I do appreciate Ry_trappo because he has been in here more than any other so I guess he is a closet syclone LS2 lover.. just kidding bud, don't get your panties in a bunch.
lmao, not a closet LS2 lover, just a lover of bat shit ridiculously awesome vehicles, of which this truck obviously is! just wish it didn't start as a syclone, for the reasons i've already mentioned.
no panty bunching here, just boredom:thumbsup:

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
you know what's also rare? a yugo. i didn't think it would need explaining, but this is obviously about more than just production numbers. the syclone is a significant vehicle in automotive history - a sonoma GT is slightly more than a rare body kit on a vehicle that was barely competitive in its segment.
LOL! Yea, a Yugo is pretty rare these days.

I'm pretty aware of the how significant the Syclone was as well as the rarity.

I am just not a purist to the point that when I see a Syclone such as the one in this thread that I immediately go to it being "ruined". There are a lot of vehicles out there that are rare or have a place in history. But some people like to take a rare one and make it their own.

I guess this thread just reminds me of many I have seen on the Turbo Regal boards when someone does a V8 swap into a Grand National. Or even worse, the GNX that had a TT V8 swap done on it. With only 547 of those built, you can imagine the outrage from the purists on that one. And the fact is, that particular GNX is probably the most bad ass of all of them IMO. But then, I am not one who likes to leave a vehicle as they came from the factory, no matter how rare (with few exceptions such as the very last of a particular car built).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread