my 1991 GMC Syclone (ls2)

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
I'm coming up on 1 yr now with my syclone and not a day goes by that I don't love it more and more. I will be pulling it out of the garage this week to get it ready for a 9/11 tribute run that we do here in Miami. Enough blah blah, here are the pics.

e45d2fad.jpg

9b25b74b.jpg

ec220e33.jpg

e97c64b0.jpg

723e3ac8.jpg

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i love it! knew a kid in high school with a typhoon and it was pretty quick. ls motor looks good in it though!

Jroc

Established Member
Nice truck, but IMO I wouldn't have done that to a Sy. It takes away 2 of the Sy/Ty's biggest charms in the AWD, and TT V6 systems. You could have done the same to a regular S10/Sonoma.

Still it's your truck and you can build it as you please.

Very nice looking L in your sig BTW!!!

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
Nice truck, but IMO I wouldn't have done that to a Sy. It takes away 2 of the Sy/Ty's biggest charms in the AWD, and TT V6 systems. You could have done the same to a regular S10/Sonoma.

Still it's your truck and you can build it as you please.

Very nice looking L in your sig BTW!!!

thank you bud, but if I did this to a regular s10 it would not have the same wow factor. and yes they were AWD and v6 but NOT TT. Just an fyi. Take care

T76 Mach

Established Member
Always have had a sweet spot in my heart for a GN and seeing a nice SY or TY does it for me.Job well done.

Jroc

Established Member
thank you bud, but if I did this to a regular s10 it would not have the same wow factor. and yes they were AWD and v6 but NOT TT. Just an fyi. Take care

lol. No doubt. :beer:

Really I always thought they were TT. Don't them come factory with the GN motors? I guess the are single turbo as well?

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
lol. No doubt. :beer:

Really I always thought they were TT. Don't them come factory with the GN motors? I guess the are single turbo as well?

lots of people think that they are the same but they are different. The GN brought a 3.8 single turbo RWD and the syclones and typhones brought a 4.3 single turbo AWD.

Both the GN and Sy's and Ty's were pioneers in the GM and turbo world.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
So you took a awd turbo syclone and turned it into the typical drag s10?

Looks great, just don't understand why do this to a Syclone.

Users who are viewing this thread