my 1991 GMC Syclone (ls2)

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I'm sure everyone will forgive you and the previous owner if you do that LS motor justice and throw a snail or two on it! :fm:

What's it run with the LS motor anyway?

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Very nice truck. super clean, I love the nascar style ehaust tip, and a great stance. now that said...

I dont mind the ls swap, but it needs a turbo or two :) and i would have kept the AWD but to each their own.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
I love this truck, watched the build thread a while back. this truck was extremely well built and the detail is second to none.

But, I am also one who believes the the turbo v6 and AWD is the true spirit of these trucks. with the money spent on a build like this i would have gone another direction with a syclone. just my .02 . I would rather have a LSX RWD sonoma gt over scrapping the heart and soul of a true sy.

but none the less... this sports machine is truly a one off work of art and I am a big fan of it. have fun with that bad boy and keep her clean.

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
I love this truck, watched the build thread a while back. this truck was extremely well built and the detail is second to none.

But, I am also one who believes the the turbo v6 and AWD is the true spirit of these trucks. with the money spent on a build like this i would have gone another direction with a syclone. just my .02 . I would rather have a LSX RWD sonoma gt over scrapping the heart and soul of a true sy.

but none the less... this sports machine is truly a one off work of art and I am a big fan of it. have fun with that bad boy and keep her clean.

That's a rather menacing looking Sy in your sig. :thumbsup:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL! Yea, a Yugo is pretty rare these days.

I'm pretty aware of the how significant the Syclone was as well as the rarity.

I am just not a purist to the point that when I see a Syclone such as the one in this thread that I immediately go to it being "ruined". There are a lot of vehicles out there that are rare or have a place in history. But some people like to take a rare one and make it their own.

I guess this thread just reminds me of many I have seen on the Turbo Regal boards when someone does a V8 swap into a Grand National. Or even worse, the GNX that had a TT V8 swap done on it. With only 547 of those built, you can imagine the outrage from the purists on that one. And the fact is, that particular GNX is probably the most bad ass of all of them IMO. But then, I am not one who likes to leave a vehicle as they came from the factory, no matter how rare (with few exceptions such as the very last of a particular car built).
to be honest, the biggest killer for me is that it's just a RWD LS swap. if it was something cool, if someone crammed a duramax into a syclone, or maybe a 572 or something absurd, then that would be better. a little better:lol1: but just a ****in LS swap? what a waste:nonono:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm sure everyone will forgive you and the previous owner if you do that LS motor justice and throw a snail or two on it! :fm:
I dont mind the ls swap, but it needs a turbo or two :) and i would have kept the AWD but to each their own.

to be honest, the biggest killer for me is that it's just a RWD LS swap. if it was something cool, if someone crammed a duramax into a syclone, or maybe a 572 or something absurd, then that would be better. a little better:lol1: but just a ****in LS swap? what a waste:nonono:

+1

I wouldn't mind the swap if the LS had a/two blowdrier(s) on it

danimal 95

Established Member
OP, I LOOOVE your Syclone. I personally want to do a turbo LS of some sort in one. Or a power plant from a Turbo Regal. If the AWD could be made to take the power, absolutely keep that, too. Now I personally wouldn't be the guy to take the original turbo 6 & AWD out and go with a V8 RWD. BUT, if I ran across one that had already been done and the price was right, bet your ass I'd be alllll over it! :D

Again, sweet ride man. Enjoy! :beer:

it can hold the power ive had a Twin turbo Ls in mine for almost 15K miles now,and that includes several mid 9 sec passes driving to the track and back almost 70 mile round trip.....killer build on the syclone,looks like alot of attention to detail went into it

Speed Inc LSX Powerd Typhoon 9.7 Run - YouTube

Speed INC. built twin turbo LSX street car - YouTube

DAN9-8.mpg - YouTube

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
Love the truck, love the LS swap! Turbos/No Turbos doesn't bother me... Wish you would have kept the AWD.....

I have some nice memories riding in one... A friend of ours from the track (drag racing) son (about 5years older than me) saved up his coin from cutting grass in High School, sold his beater (4cly notch) to buy a Syclone to go to college in.... The things we did in it at the ole A&P parking lot after hours...

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
and yet another waste of a limited production vehicle. I will never understand these types of builds.

for the 20th time.... SHOULD HAVE USED A REGULAR S-10! :bash:

mustang addict

Established Member
Love the Syclones!

Here's mine that I took on the power tour this year:

SycloneFront.jpg

SycloneRear.jpg

Not too modified engine wise, but the suspension has been heavily worked as have the brakes:

SycloneCoilOvers-1.jpg

RPM coilover conversion, C5 Z06 brakes, and anything underneath the truck that could be removed was and got powdercoated. 25K mile truck.

I'll have it forever.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I'm another one who thinks it was ruined. And to the person who suggested that the previous owner did this because it was the cheapest option.... lol

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Well, even if its screwed up now, you can always turn it back into the AWD beast.. you can never turn a Sonoma into a Syclone...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Turbo that ls and yank these haters in here lol gorgeous truck craftsmanship is amazing. Would love to have one of these in my stable!

Users who are viewing this thread