My FFR AC Cobra build thread

Morgan

Established Member
I’m hoping that you start a YouTube channel and document this build in excruciating detail. Monetized, of course.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m hoping that you start a YouTube channel and document this build in excruciating detail. Monetized, of course.
I wish. One of my weaknesses is, once I get started, I don't stop. So I forget to take pictures and document things. I'll try to do better this time.

Seeing that car in the shop is surreal to me. I honestly never thought I'd be able to pull this off, but here it is. Adding a few more pics.

One of the Halibrand replica rims. Pretty good quality if you ask me.
The next 2 pics are how the inventory sheets look.

More pics tomorrow I hope.
72e2ddfdce0cf7d286ff4c8d80a7d8a4.jpg
9a1d5d0dea14f0d176d8a84962754ba3.jpg

c14b7b77c8776c1c8958b7a47df368a0.jpg

SGT MERC

Established Member
Love the wheels... Will you use the spinner center caps?
I wish. One of my weaknesses is, once I get started, I don't stop. So I forget to take pictures and document things. I'll try to do better this time.

Seeing that car in the shop is surreal to me. I honestly never thought I'd be able to pull this off, but here it is. Adding a few more pics.

One of the Halibrand replica rims. Pretty good quality if you ask me.
The next 2 pics are how the inventory sheets look.

More pics tomorrow I hope.
72e2ddfdce0cf7d286ff4c8d80a7d8a4.jpg
9a1d5d0dea14f0d176d8a84962754ba3.jpg

c14b7b77c8776c1c8958b7a47df368a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Love the wheels... Will you use the spinner center caps?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yes, spinners are in a separate box.

I started doing inventory yesterday until I felt overwhelmed. Found the instruction manual and it explained the inventory process. I'll spend today doing the inventory and then I'll get busy assembling the suspension.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Just a few pics from opening boxes today.

This is the seat I chose. Looks to be fairly good quality. Says made in the UK. We'll see how comfortable they are.
20231209_105448.jpg

The Iconic wood steering wheel. This feels really good in my hands.
20231209_115002.jpg

One of the sidepipes. Looks really nice. Wonder how long it will take to discolor?
20231209_111439.jpg

Finally got to the windshield. I guess it was inevitable that something would be damaged. My first casualty. Checked FFR website and it says to contact the carrier. A call and email was sent to Stewart Transport. It is Saturday, so I don't expect to hear anything until Monday.
20231209_115706.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

This is the seat I chose. Looks to be fairly good quality. Says made in the UK. We'll see how comfortable they are.View attachment 1820195

View attachment 1820197

One of the sidepipes. Looks really nice. Wonder how long it will take to discolor?
View attachment 1820198

Finally got to the windshield. I guess it was inevitable that something would be damaged. My first casualty. Checked FFR website and it says to contact the carrier. A call and email was sent to Stewart Transport. It is Saturday, so I don't expect to hear anything until Monday.
View attachment 1820200

Seems like the parts you've already uncorked, like the wheels, headers, steering wheel, and will come to like the gas cap and spinners, should become shop wall art until they're used. Too beautiful and iconic to go back in a box, imho.

But I know you can't waste time doing that.

_Snake_

Established Member

This is the seat I chose. Looks to be fairly good quality. Says made in the UK. We'll see how comfortable they are.View attachment 1820195

View attachment 1820197

View attachment 1820198

View attachment 1820200
I love your choices so far. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like the parts you've already uncorked, like the wheels, headers, steering wheel, and will come to like the gas cap and spinners, should become shop wall art until they're used. Too beautiful and iconic to go back in a box, imho.

But I know you can't waste time doing that.
Yeah, that would be cool, but it would drive me crazy having to take that stuff down a month or 2 from now. Kind of like putting up Christmas lights.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I would think this will be a lot of fun. I have been half ass looking at incomplete builds over the past couple years. Trying to see if there is anyway to actually get close to a break even on the value of these. To no avail it seems, the damn uncompleted projects are pretty pricey. Maybe one day…. Look forward to the build.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I would think this will be a lot of fun. I have been half ass looking at incomplete builds over the past couple years. Trying to see if there is anyway to actually get close to a break even on the value of these. To no avail it seems, the damn uncompleted projects are pretty pricey. Maybe one day…. Look forward to the build.
There are several unfinished kits out there. I'm sure you could find a deal, especially if someone is desperate. The only downside is, you'd have to go back through and check every nut and bolt to make sure it was put together right.

The only reason I know I'll finish this build is, I already have my finances set on it. Basically, it's already paid for. This is the only way I'd pull the trigger on a project like this.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

This thought process stops a lot of us .
“ hopefully I break even “

Honestly I’m at the point of **** it.

Break even for what? We all have jobs or sources of income, if we get a little Under but we finish the project, and enjoy it. **** yes.

When we die we die. Nobody will be like.. “ oh man… so and so spent 10k extra on this build.. it’ll really effect him in the afterlife “

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
This thought process stops a lot of us .
“ hopefully I break even “

Honestly I’m at the point of **** it.

Break even for what? We all have jobs or sources of income, if we get a little Under but we finish the project, and enjoy it. **** yes.

When we die we die. Nobody will be like.. “ oh man… so and so spent 10k extra on this build.. it’ll really effect him in the afterlife “
Very true. Only the thing is you can buy some thing really nice ones done. Of course that kind of takes the fun out of it…

Users who are viewing this thread