My Gradual Build (Quest for a Powerful Street GT500, always hungry for more)

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome, just keeps getting better and better with every update. Can't wait to see the numbers from this build.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Just 3 pics I snapped while I was at D3 Performance Engineering grand opening.
null_zpsc343c119.jpg

null_zps66510dc9.jpg

null_zpsb3353f60.jpg

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Wow man, that car is a damn work of art! Makes me jealous!!!

And those wheels are like 4 cherries on top

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member

ABS module relocation done. D3 performance engineering is putting out a relocation kit with all lines and fittings for $325
null_zps9c78a967.jpg

ProEFI box is getting wired up.
null_zpsf5e2bd0a.jpg

My Strange Engineering 9" rear end just arrived.
null_zps77ee9340.jpg

niceguyyy01

Established Member
Beautiful work there.... and (of course) top notch parts list. Would love to see it in person someday.... just not in the other lane. HAHAHAHHA.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Very impressive!

I'm curious about two things. First, why wouldn't you run the four bolts (in the following photo) down instead of up? The other flange could have been threaded and that way you'd have better access come service time. Am I missing something?

3_zpsdf93999d.jpg

And the ABS line relocation kit...do the lines you showed simply reconnect to the old ones or do they run full length, thus replacing the factory metal lines in their entirety?

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Very impressive!

I'm curious about two things. First, why wouldn't you run the four bolts (in the following photo) down instead of up? The other flange could have been threaded and that way you'd have better access come service time. Am I missing something?

3_zpsdf93999d.jpg

And the ABS line relocation kit...do the lines you showed simply reconnect to the old ones or do they run full length, thus replacing the factory metal lines in their entirety?

The flange that was used come threaded and specialty studs in them. The t4 turbo housing is not threaded. Turbo apart from the manifold pipe, you can just disconnect the v-band where the header meets the turbo hot pipe and take the whole assembly off the car to access the bolts from the turbo to the pipe.

For the ABS relocation kit, all metal lines are replaced up front. There's unions for the rear brake lines that the lines from the front connect to in the driver's side fender well near the firewall. It replaces all the way to those. The only hard lines left on the car are from that point to the rear. Their lines from the master to the abs, then their lines to both front rubber brake lines and then from the abs to those unions.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't even occur to me to put 2 and 2 together. I'm friends with Chris Delgado on Facebook.... small world. His shop does unbelievable work, as once again demonstrated on your car.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Didn't even occur to me to put 2 and 2 together. I'm friends with Chris Delgado on Facebook.... small world. His shop does unbelievable work, as once again demonstrated on your car.

Yes, Chris is a premier Tuner, well versed with many engine managements. He's one of the top ProEFI Tuners in the country and has successfully installed ProEFI on a 2013 GT500 and about to start my car. I am glad D3PE is local to me.

You should trailer your car down to Texas and get ProEFI. The investment on that computer to save your motor is well worth it. Plus it has a lot of useful cool features.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread