My GT350R Initial Impressions

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
He made an assumption on the weight of his car and is presenting it as fact. He did not weigh it nor did he weigh the new parts on and the old part coming off his car.
Yes he has made a lot of changes to his car. Taking 200lbs off of a car is a lot harder than most believe.

I originally posted in this thread because thing positive he had to say about his new 100k car was about the tires. That's funny!

You're going off half-cocked, and you don't even know the full story. Actually, I didn't make any assumptions. I DID weigh the new parts as well as the old parts that came off, and posted about it probably two years ago. Hell, I've posted about the near 100 lbs rotating mass that I've removed so many times that I'm tired of typing it. And I'm sure people that have read it are tired of reading it!

I'll see what I can do as far getting my GT500 on some scales. Any tips on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Congratulations! I can't find your original thread, but am I doing the math right? The dealer marked it up by $23K? :eek:

You'll have to do a video for us at some point. You're going to love that road beast in the spring and summer. Any plans on doing any road course races?

They actually had it marked up by $30K, but I was able to get them to come "down" a little over $6K. It's still highway robbery but also still way better than most places are charging (and getting) for an R.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus Christ. Don't be such an asshole. Who gives a flying ****. He bought a car, he can criticize whatever he wants.

I had a GT350 for 3 days, and have been criticizing it ever since. I didn't necessarily care for it either.

Sometimes this forum reminds me of a bunch of grown men who are trying to do a size comparison.

I can remember SEVERAL threads that when a car came out and they released specs, people would criticize and guesstimate on how poorly it would perform, etc....OP bought one, drove it, and is giving his opinion.

I like my 14 GT500 better than my 16 GT350, and it was in stock forum. In no way would I like a GT350R more than OPs GT500.

Get off your high ******* horse, relax and move along.

/end rant.

G's Shelby

Established Member
You're going off half-cocked, and you don't even know the full story. Actually, I didn't make any assumptions. I DID weigh the new parts as well as the old parts that came off, and posted about it probably two years ago. Hell, I've posted about the near 100 lbs rotating mass that I've removed so many times that I'm tired of typing it. And I'm sure people that have read it are tired of reading it!

I'll see what I can do as far getting my GT500 on some scales. Any tips on how to make that happen would be appreciated.[/QUOTE
Almost all truck stops have a scale just drive on it and get a weight, it's 10 bucks

Zemedici

Established Member

I'll see what I can do as far getting my GT500 on some scales. Any tips on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

truck stop!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ok maybe I am an ass hole fir throwing my thoughts into a forum where they are not needed.

It is indeed his money and he can spend it anyway he wants. I'm shocked really that he did buy the car. He has done nothing but criticize this car for the last two years. Now that he owns one it's the same thing.
Maybe he's just pissed at Ford for trying something new(road car vs more power). It's all Fords fault that they're selling the crap out of something he hates. Hell they even sold him one.:beer:

Oh and the weight issue. If he had stated weight of parts that came off and parts that went back on my questions would have died.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Well, you're welcome to do a search of my thread history. I started a thread called "component weights" or something like that a long time ago. And that thread is not up to date with all my weight reductions.

Zemedici

Established Member
Guy didn't actually scale his car. He guessed he has removed 200lbs and subtracted that from the listed curb weight.

he weighed the parts he took off and put on, and there's curb weights of the cars online....I didnt know we were working for NASA where we needed EXACT measurements.....? Seems a bit mundane....

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
he weighed the parts he took off and put on, and there's curb weights of the cars online....I didnt know we were working for NASA where we needed EXACT measurements.....? Seems a bit mundane....

I think most people would be surprised if they got their car on a scale.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I don't think anyone asked for exact measurements. Even CAT scales aren't EXACT, but when there is so much weight removed from the vehicle, it would be good to double check.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
+1

I had a friend with a 99 TA. Everywhere you looked, they said they weighed 3500 lbs... his came in at 3700! He had some stereo stuff and sound deadening. He had guestimated at 50 additional lbs.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't think anyone asked for exact measurements. Even CAT scales aren't EXACT, but when there is so much weight removed from the vehicle, it would be good to double check.

I'm agree - but 'roughly' is good enough....he's not competing in SCCA nor is the information used for Space misssions, so it seems like a moot point to know down to the ounce.

Of course, but to be that exact isnt necessary. Ask Premi - him and I dont usually get along, but harping on the guy because he doesnt know his cars weight down to the ounce is a bit extreme....he said 'about 200lbs', and he has weighed his parts he took off. Seems good enough to me....I dont know many members here that know how much they've changed the weight of their car, like Premi does. Gotta respect that.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I'm agree - but 'roughly' is good enough....he's not competing in SCCA nor is the information used for Space misssions, so it seems like a moot point to know down to the ounce.

Of course, but to be that exact isnt necessary. Ask Premi - him and I dont usually get along, but harping on the guy because he doesnt know his cars weight down to the ounce is a bit extreme....he said 'about 200lbs', and he has weighed his parts he took off. Seems good enough to me....I dont know many members here that know how much they've changed the weight of their car, like Premi does. Gotta respect that.
Nobodies mentioned down to the ounce. You're the only one calling for that standard.

Users who are viewing this thread