My GT500 vs a Full Bolt on 5.0

01bluesnake

Established Member
Congrats on the win.

what are his mods for full bolt on?

This^

Everyone's idea of full bolt on is different and would also change the outcome slightly depending what bolt on's were used. The gt500 may still win, but i doubt an actual full bolt on 5.0 would be pulled that hard. Regardless a win is a win.

stangfreak

Established Member
Congrats on the win.

This^

Everyone's idea of full bolt on is different and would also change the outcome slightly depending what bolt on's were used. The gt500 may still win, but i doubt an actual full bolt on 5.0 would be pulled that hard. Regardless a win is a win.

whats full bolt on to you

01bluesnake

Established Member
no power adders, and a stock longblock is full bolt on to me. i've seen people claim full bolt on's with a stock intake manifold, while i run a ported Cobra Jet setup. There's a big difference in power right there. These cars full bolt on can sit just under 500whp with a good tune and weigh a good amount less as well. Factor that in and it would be a lot closer race. Also consider the power band of a N/A car to a blower car, most of the time a lower power N/A car (within reason) will keep up or even pull a blower car at same weight.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Congrats on the win.

This^

I'd expect a full bolt-on to get raped roll racing a '13 500. Going from a dig in a 1/4 may be closer.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
That must be some fancy cgi or something. There is no way a 2011+ 5.0 will ever lose a race, especially a modded 5.0:??:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'd expect a full bolt-on to get raped roll racing a '13 500. Going from a dig in a 1/4 may be closer.

I wouldn't say rapped, but just not pulled as hard as in the vid. since i don't research all day on the GT500, i assume 590whp is about stock. Factor in an almost 300lb weight difference between the two cars and the gap will get closer. I just weighed my in street trim at 3511lbs which would be a 400lb difference from the GT500. That alone is enough to close the HP gap to a very close run. I'm not saying the Gt500 won't win, the 5.0 didn't seem to hold ground remotely close to a full bolt on car.

Users who are viewing this thread