My new to me Z06

BlownAway03

Established Member
While I think it's going to take a few more years for C6Zs to hit $30k, it's going to happen. Already seeing them in the mid 30s fairly frequently.

Like I stated earlier, it's all about the model years. 06-07 will be a little less. It's been the case for a while. A lot of people who know these cars going in look for 08+ models. I'm yet to see one of those without high miles or some story for under $40k.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Like I stated earlier, it's all about the model years. 06-07 will be a little less. It's been the case for a while. A lot of people who know these cars going in look for 08+ models. I'm yet to see one of those without high miles or some story for under $40k.

Agreed.

I wouldn't mind a 06-07 though. Replace the heads, cam it and enjoy it.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I bet dealers love you.

I used to work for Ford. Trust me, I'm smarter than that. I'm just saying people have to be realistic about the car market. Just because a person isn't willing to pay a price doesn't mean that's not what the price should be. And all year model Z's don't command the same money, especially when the mileage gets to a certain point.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
I used to work for Ford. Trust me, I'm smarter than that. I'm just saying people have to be realistic about the car market. Just because a person isn't willing to pay a price doesn't mean that's not what the price should be. And all year model Z's don't command the same money, especially when the mileage gets to a certain point.

I'm just going off what the book says. AKA what the banks use.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Some people don't need banks. It's what the car is worth to them. You can use your " over payed " comment all day if you need a bank. Sounds like it.

Nah not really, already have a C5Z, been there done that. Again, I'm talking real world numbers, AKA the car business. Sorry that you got taken to the cleaners. Guess there's an ass for every seat :thumbsup:

Last edited:

96lazervert

Established Member
Nah not really, already have a C5Z, been there done that. Again, I'm talking real world numbers, AKA the car business. Sorry that you got taken to the cleaners. Guess there's an ass for every seat :thumbsup:

Taken to the cleaners how? I'll get what I want for the car when time comes. Always do. Your a dumbass. It'll take a hell of a seat for you my friend. Quit cluttering the op's thread with your immaturity.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Taken to the cleaners how? I'll get what I want for the car when time comes. Always do. Your a dumbass. It'll take a hell of a seat for you my friend. Quit cluttering the op's thread with your immaturity.

Irony at its finest.

wastntime

Established Member
Update this thread with some more picture.

I decided to get the heads rebuilt, along with a blower cam and ARH long tubes and hi-flow cats. Also, getting a new tune of course along with an AEM wide band and some other odds and ends.

JimGc6zapart_zpsafacc9fa.jpg

ARH-1 7/8" longtube headers with catted 3" X-pipe:

JimGARHheaders_zpsbc46dd64.jpg

The heads got Stainless exhaust valves, bronze guides, surface milling, Competition valve job,and blueprinting. Dual Platinium Valve Spring kit with Titanium Retainers, new valve seals, seats, and locks.

JimGheads_zps533533d1.jpg
\

The cam is a Comp cam(HPA small blower cam) - 220 242 .615 .646 115lsa.

I'm also going to turn the boost up some since we got the long tubes installed. I should be right around 6-7 psi. Hoping to make right around 600-650whp on 93oct gas.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
My old tuner made 601rwhp on 5psi with nothing more than headers and a P1SC kit on his. It is now the 8second twin turbo monster in a few vids on here. You will have no problem hitting your goal. I would not be surprised if you saw 700 with a cam and 7 psi.

On another note, why are clowns arguing in this guys thread. Take it to PM or start a new one in Smackdown.

Last edited:

wastntime

Established Member
My old tuner made 601rwhp on 5psi with nothing more than headers and a P1SC kit on his. It is now the 8second twin turbo monster in a few vids on here. You will have no problem hitting your goal. I would not be surprised if you saw 700 with a cam and 7 psi.

On another note, why are clowns arguing in this guys thread. Take it to PM or start a new one in Smackdown.

I would be very happy if this build ends up north of 650whp. Either way, it should be a fun ride home. I will need to get new tires ASAP :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread