My new to me Z06

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
One car I've never owned but want to. Now I'm too old to buy one as I would be in the same group as the grey haired, fat guys that normally own them. I made way too much fun of them at car shows to buy one now lol. At least I'm only middle aged still and not granpa-level.

Very nice Z though!

wastntime

Established Member
Everything got buttoned up and the car got on the dyno today. I've very happy to say the least. 680whp on 93 gas with 6.5lbs of boost.

Below is the before and after screen shot of the pull.

The car is an absolute monster now. Next up is a set of bogarts and drag tires.

Should be a fun spring/summer!!

5f70933d-8417-473f-affb-cb1155d51128_zps0f2a57fd.jpg

Demonio1023

Established Member
Great numbers congrats!! There is an even in Hunt Valley on Saturday, you should come up, there will be over 1000 cars. PM me for details.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
One car I've never owned but want to. Now I'm too old to buy one as I would be in the same group as the grey haired, fat guys that normally own them. I made way too much fun of them at car shows to buy one now lol. At least I'm only middle aged still and not granpa-level.

Very nice Z though!

Most grey head old fat guys just have regular c6s instead of a c6z

prokill00

Established Member
My friends dad picked up a '06 Z06 and my friend did all the work on it, putting the Vortech blower on, headers, blower cam. He has a meth kit on there too and he started out by making 690 whp. He detuned it to keep it on the road, or because his vagina couldn't handle it. Still unsure of that one. I'm not the type to do that but to each his own. I can't complain since its not my car. They did let me drive it while it was making 660whp. Complete animal. I envy you big time! What an unbelievable machine. I hope I can get a C6 vette one day.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Everything got buttoned up and the car got on the dyno today. I've very happy to say the least. 680whp on 93 gas with 6.5lbs of boost.

5f70933d-8417-473f-affb-cb1155d51128_zps0f2a57fd.jpg

Great numbers man. I told you to expect higher than you were thinking. A full 7lbs and you would have hit the 700 I predicted. Enjoy it bud. How does it feel compared to your Cobra?

wastntime

Established Member
Great numbers congrats!! There is an even in Hunt Valley on Saturday, you should come up, there will be over 1000 cars. PM me for details.

Thank you for the invite but I got to finish up this bathroom remodel for the wife.

My friends dad picked up a '06 Z06 and my friend did all the work on it, putting the Vortech blower on, headers, blower cam. He has a meth kit on there too and he started out by making 690 whp. He detuned it to keep it on the road, or because his vagina couldn't handle it. Still unsure of that one. I'm not the type to do that but to each his own. I can't complain since its not my car. They did let me drive it while it was making 660whp. Complete animal. I envy you big time! What an unbelievable machine. I hope I can get a C6 vette one day.

Thank you. The guy who built this for me told me the meth kit would put me around 700whp. Not sure if I need all that power right now.

Great numbers man. I told you to expect higher than you were thinking. A full 7lbs and you would have hit the 700 I predicted. Enjoy it bud. How does it feel compared to your Cobra?

It feels a lot faster up top. The cobra had more power down low and the gearing was a lot different. Not to mention the Cobra was over 4000 pounds with me driving.

Outstanding!!!

Thanks. I'm more then pleased.

thekanezzi

Established Member
man im jealous. Im seriously considering selling my 5.0 for one of these, and then doing the exact same thing you are doing. Very nice.

Whats it like going from the stang to the z? Anything you miss?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

And a beautiful monster it is! :rockon:

wastntime

Established Member
[video=youtube;72ZT05KU468]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ZT05KU468&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Crappy I phone video. But should give you an idea.

03 deadpool

Established Member
The vette looks really good jim , should kick some ass. hay what throttle body did you have on the tvs on the cobra ?

Users who are viewing this thread