My new to me Z06

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Nice upgrade OP. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that pancake off the blower and get the Dallas Performance big mouth intake tube.

Sladester2

Established Member
Jeeze your Cobra was stronger down low still? What numbers was it making to feel stronger than a 700hp vette?

wastntime

Established Member

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I bet it does as my ZR1 hits a little harder then that but sounds damn near the same - LOVE IT

wastntime

Established Member
Little update on the car...

The stock clutch started to slip so I decided to install a new Mcleod RXT Twin Disk with new flywheel, gm Z06 Slave, pilot bearings, etc...

I started talking to the owner of the shop doing the work on my car about Meth kits and some of the advantages with running meth on a boosted car. So, I pulled the trigger on an dual nozzle, stainless lines, trunk mount set-up. I figured I will try this before I pull the trigger on a new fuel system and run E85.

Car was on the dyno today for the re-tune on Meth, same boost at 6.5psi and Made 714whp but they dialed it back because the timing stared to dip around 6700rpm. The final tune ended up with 704whp. I will post a dyno sheet on here later.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
what did the car make blower only??? both hp and tq. last ocmd. guy in our hotel had a stock c6z with same blower. made 600/600. we were a great race me off the juice.

what numbers does it make now?? wonder what yours would do vs mine on the bottle.. you prob make way more tq then me though.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Little update on the car...

The stock clutch started to slip so I decided to install a new Mcleod RXT Twin Disk with new flywheel, gm Z06 Slave, pilot bearings, etc...

I started talking to the owner of the shop doing the work on my car about Meth kits and some of the advantages with running meth on a boosted car. So, I pulled the trigger on an dual nozzle, stainless lines, trunk mount set-up. I figured I will try this before I pull the trigger on a new fuel system and run E85.

Car was on the dyno today for the re-tune on Meth, same boost at 6.5psi and Made 714whp but they dialed it back because the timing stared to dip around 6700rpm. The final tune ended up with 704whp. I will post a dyno sheet on here later.

Nice!

SBVERT03

Established Member
Awesome! I bet that thing is a blast! Someday I will own a C6Z. Someday.... Lol

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Sweet pick up man. Nice that someone took the 10K+ expense of the supercharger for you. Makes it so much easier (on the wallet) to add even more goodies like your doing. Best of luck with her. :coolman:

wastntime

Established Member
714whp pull was pulled back to due dip

6529ceb8-eb7e-4ecb-b66d-dae70127bc20_zps916c84b1.jpg

This is my final pull. Not bad for a little P1 blower.

IMG_9649_zps4c86aef8.jpg

The work and tune was done by Josh at Horsepower Addicts in DE. Good guy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread