My ON3 Performance thread

99S_V_T

Established Member
Hopefully my turbo will get here this week, ordering everything else i need, this weekend and hope to have it finished before july first. Depending on travel time for my parts i should be in business in a week or so. And im down for extra hands.:beer:

Ortiz99

Established Member
Extra hands would have been nice for me but everybody was "scared" of doing something wrong. I just said whatever and did everything by myself in my driveway. From the fuel pump, k member, a arms, coilovers, to the turbo. Now that was exhausting. Im glad you have people here to help you out man, i know i would if i lived close by :beer:

99S_V_T

Established Member
yea help is always appreciated on my end. hell ive never installed a turbo kit before so help cant be any worse lol. i got a buddy who i was gunna have help me but dude got on my nerves and kept sayin we were gunna do it his way.....:dw: mind u hes never done any of this, so i dont think ima call him on install day(s). but hell anyone from the stl/columbia missouri area that wants to come help or just check the kit out, we can make and svtp day outa the install.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I can't imagine doing the install alone. My brother has done all of the install with me and I deff don't think I could do it by myself

99S_V_T

Established Member
thats what im hopin, make it go by a little faster and smoother. plus two or three heads are better than one.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
If you work under the car alone you have 100% chance of dropping everything on your head, with just one friend that changes to 50/50, which is much better :thumbsup:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
If you work under the car alone you have 100% chance of dropping everything on your head, with just one friend that changes to 50/50, which is much better :thumbsup:

So, your friend is gonna be above you under the car to prevent something from hitting your head:shrug:

99S_V_T

Established Member
lol seriously what are u talkin about y2k quit bein such a negitive nancy.:poke:

Just ordered my kmember kit went with 14/175 springs, should be here next week and if i can get everything else rounded up ill be ready to rock next weekend.

acidshn20

Established Member
lol seriously what are u talkin about y2k quit bein such a negitive nancy.:poke:

Just ordered my kmember kit went with 14/175 springs, should be here next week and if i can get everything else rounded up ill be ready to rock next weekend.

Did you have to buy new struts to install, or just the k member kit/c.caster plates?

99S_V_T

Established Member
ive been told u can use the stockers but they have a boot u have to cut off to make it fit right. its prolly best to buy new ones but untill the funds become availible im gunna try the stock ones:shrug:

Ortiz99

Established Member
Your stock struts are fine. You just need the c/c plates if you havnt ordered them yet. I've heard of horror stories about one pot hole making the strut go through the hood.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Your stock struts are fine. You just need the c/c plates if you havnt ordered them yet. I've heard of horror stories about one pot hole making the strut go through the hood.

I have UPR c/c plates with my coil overs up fron and a pot hole bent my strut tower and c/c plate all up. So i wouldnt doubt that could be true

Users who are viewing this thread