My ON3 Performance thread

acidshn20

Established Member
Your stock struts are fine. You just need the c/c plates if you havnt ordered them yet. I've heard of horror stories about one pot hole making the strut go through the hood.

Alright good. I was planning on the cc plates but didn't want to buy new struts if they are not needed!:rolling:

01cobrajm

Established Member
just dyno'd/tuned my car last night got 487hp and 470tq on 9psi, alot of head aches but fun as hell to drive now.

01cobrajm

Established Member
Congrats, what kind of problem were you encountered?[/QUOTE

exhaust leaks, pipes didnt fit, had to grind the hell out of the k-member, wastegate flanges didnt allign up so had to put 3 gaskets and copper RTV them together and it doesnt come with an air filter. Just little annoying things but the pipes not fitting was the worst PITA for sure.

TheMrMach

Established Member
I used the QA1 on my Mach, pipes and everything fit nicely, I had to cut 1/8 to 1/4 off the drivers side pipe to get it to sit on the exhaust manifold ball joint.

I fiddled with my intercooler pipes for days and the one still sits low and off, so I'll have to raise my coilovers a bit.

Also I couldn't use the stock fan AT ALL, so I bought a slim line 16 incher that flows 2700cfm+ (according to everything I found the stock mach fan flows 2400cfm) and it works wonderfully.

Needs an alignment and I'm in the process of verifying my MAF transfer function, then I'll get to tweak some after datalogging some WOT runs.

01cobrajm

Established Member
I used the QA-1 and had to trim about a 1/2 inch of it to fit the horse shoe pipe and the manifold still has a little leak. Starts building boost at 3200rpms with strait pipes lol needs mufflers bad its horribly loud.

mustang99gt

Established Member
I used the QA-1 and had to trim about a 1/2 inch of it to fit the horse shoe pipe and the manifold still has a little leak. Starts building boost at 3200rpms with strait pipes lol needs mufflers bad its horribly loud.

Damn i am scared to buy this kit with all these problems with fitment every1 is having. I know there are ways to get around it but also it would be so much easier to spend the extra grand and go procharge or something along those lines. Just love the turbo set-ups haha Dont know what to do :??:

Svt- Let me know when you start working on this so i can come out and check the kit out!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Damn i am scared to buy this kit with all these problems with fitment every1 is having. I know there are ways to get around it but also it would be so much easier to spend the extra grand and go procharge or something along those lines. Just love the turbo set-ups haha Dont know what to do :??:

Svt- Let me know when you start working on this so i can come out and check the kit out!

Superchargers are easier yes and simpler to install without problems, i just pulled my vortech off to install this kit, you can see my pictures in My 2000 On3performance 4v build as to not hyjack this thread but i think its just the luck of the draw with the kit, some people havent had any trouble and some have. So far not too much trouble with mine but ill keep everyone posted in my thread how mine goes

Ortiz99

Established Member

I did not have one single issue with the fitment of the pipes. A couple of exhaust leaks here and there but i expected them so after driving a couple of miles, i put the car on ramps and tightened where it needed :rockon:.

TheMrMach

Established Member

You will have less trouble with the on3 than the HPP twin kit (friend has one) and to me it was easier to install than any of the eaton swap or kenne bell kits.

99S_V_T

Established Member
i should be ready to rock next weekend minus tunning software. so if i dont start this saturday, the following thrusday night ill start and hope to be done and tuned by that sunday. sorry this is so spread out guys, just college student builds arent easy with such limited funds availible.. but ill start asap ill keep u guys in the loop

99S_V_T

Established Member

no worries man u can come up and see how it all fits first hand, im still planning on those extra hands!

99S_V_T

Established Member
ur right Y2k!!!!:bash: a single turbo install with one turbo should never be easier than twins with twice as much piping and twice as many turbos.....:dw:

P.S. another member on this board is making 100+ more horse than u at 20 pounds with the 2v on3 kit.....food for thought

Last edited:

acidshn20

Established Member
ur right y2k!!!!:bash: A single turbo install with one turbo should never be easier than twins with twice as much piping and twice as many turbos.....:dw:

P.s. Another member on this board is making 100+ more horse than u at 20 pounds with the 2v on3 kit.....food for thought

Ouch...:lol1:

Last edited:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
ur right Y2k!!!!:bash: a single turbo install with one turbo should never be easier than twins with twice as much piping and twice as many turbos.....:dw:

P.S. another member on this board is making 100+ more horse than u at 20 pounds with the 2v on3 kit.....food for thought

I have not bashed this on3 kit...
I installed my HP twin kit in under 20 hours myself. After I installed it I did not have any exhaust leaks. I did not have to buy any other v-bands. I didn't need any gaskets or rtv for the pipes. I didn't need to cut any of my piping. I did not have to buy or make a intercooler bracket. I didn't need a new fan. It was at full boost at 3200rpm.

Link to the on3 car making 100+ more?

99S_V_T

Established Member
but the question is how much did u pay for said kit? i can deal with minor headaches if it will save few a few THOUSAND dollars to scratch my head and solve a problem or two along the install i will def take my kit.

and i apollogize i misread 2000Gt's power numbers in his sig (deslexic or some shit) its actually only about 40 more horse (seen here http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rmance-single-turbo-kit-install-begin-28.html) but ill be the first to admit i was wrong with the hundred plus. although i would be very curious to see what he makes now that he doesnt float valves past 4500rpm. the point im making is that this kit gets shit done.

Now as op im askin u to quit dropin negitive info on my thread im tryin to get help with this install and kinda add another perspective for the 4v O3P kit. i have no problem with u at all as long as ur contributing something usefull.

01cobrajm

Established Member
Not sure if your talking about me, im not bashing the kit by no means just giving people a little insight to what they might run into installing the kit and if they need help fixing them im willing to let people know what i did to fix the problems. But im not going to lie I was deff pissed at times and needed a break.

Users who are viewing this thread