My ON3 Performance thread

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
For the price I paid I am very happy with this kit, and no I never had to cut , weld e.tc. Only thing I did to make it sealed on driver side is put exhaust reducer. Oh and I bought nicer vband and some gasket to make all vband seal.

Now I change my valve springs thanks to Y2K2GT It should be easy over 700rwhp but yes with his auto makeing 643 is like me making 843rwhp. Some of you may feel like Y2K2GT putting this kit down but he's not , listen to the man he know his stuff.

Sorry OP , let get back to the topic ;)

Last edited:

adler

Established Member
For the price I paid I am very happy with this kit, and no I never had to cut , weld e.tc. Only thing I did to make it sealed on driver side is put exhaust reducer. Oh and I bought nicer vband and some gasket to make all vband seal.

Now I change my valve springs thanks to Y2K2GT It should be easy over 700rwhp but yes with his auto makeing 643 is like me making 843rwhp. Some of you may feel like Y2K2GT putting this kit down but he's not , listen to the man he know his stuff.

Sorry OP , let get back to the topic ;)
What do you mean you put on a exhaust reducer? I am having a problem with the piping on driver's side leaking on my 4 valve on3 kit. I have used high temp silicon twice on the ball/socket flange coming off of the exhaust manifold and both of the 2.5 inch vband flanges on the driver's side. They wont leak right after I put on the silicon. It takes a few miles of driving for them to start leaking again.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
What do you mean you put on a exhaust reducer? I am having a problem with the piping on driver's side leaking on my 4 valve on3 kit. I have used high temp silicon twice on the ball/socket flange coming off of the exhaust manifold and both of the 2.5 inch vband flanges on the driver's side. They wont leak right after I put on the silicon. It takes a few miles of driving for them to start leaking again.

I use copper gasket on that horse shoe shape pipe that connect to drive side headers but leaked so I had upr x-pipe and it had exhaust reducer on driver side so I use it and BAMN no more leak. Look at this picture, there is a small reducer inbetween xpipe, this is for driver side

99-03 Mustang Off Road X Pipe

01cobrajm

Established Member
take the horse shoe pipe off and cut about 1/2-3/4 of an ich of the ball joint thing, mine would max out hitting the manifold before the ball joint would close tight. sorry its kind of hard to explain.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
the power difference from a manual trans to a c4 is 11-15% did it all on a buddies 01 cobra. 5 speed made 501, everything exactly the same but with a c4 swap made 451. saw one done on a procharged mach one and it dropped 15% going from the 6-speed to the c4.
were different converters between the 2, but not too far away on power differences. the manual trans will pull more power and have a quicker and higher looking graph though.

dyno numbers are good, but the real test would need to be done at the track to see how good the car does in a real world environment since some dynos aren't loaded and some are, etc...

either way over 600rwhp in these cars is good for some 9 second time slips. so, yall did a good job either way you look at it.!!!

as far as having to fit and reseal everything, you might as well just build the kit yourself for that matter and make it exactly like you want it. no way would i use liquid gasket on a v-band personally. just my opinion on that one.

Last edited:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Really looking forward to getting one of these kits. Minus some small issues, I had plenty of them with my paxton install, they seem alright.

Keep us updated!

99S_V_T

Established Member
Upr called today, my k member kit is back ordered.... Should ship at the end of the week.... Dam back orders lol still aint got my turbo! But upr is kickin me some gear:rockon:

Ordering my tunning software this weekend, goin a little less contemporary and tryin moates quarterhorse on for size, a very popular tunner in my home town is a madman with osterich tuning so im gunna let him see what he can squeeze out of the slobra.

01cobrajm

Established Member
Ya its worth it for sure, everything has bumps along the way, ill be going to the track tomorrow to see what i bang out. If i can pass spec (no driveshaft loop). I live in colorado so expect slower times then you sea level guys get lol.

Users who are viewing this thread