My opinion on the Roush TVS with the Roush tune loaded.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
UPDATE: Went 11.3@124MPH I was seeing a max of 7.7lbs of boost. I also ran out of gear on the big end of the track and coasted the last 60 - 80'. My clutch is also slipping a bit.

After that run I was promptly today I could not run at the track anymore that night.

Next up on the list is a JLT with a fresh tune and a clutch.. Then maybe 10's??

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
UPDATE: Went 11.3@124MPH I was seeing a max of 7.7lbs of boost. I also ran out of gear on the big end of the track and coasted the last 60 - 80'. My clutch is also slipping a bit.

After that run I was promptly today I could not run at the track anymore that night.

So they booted you for too fast? I want a 10sec timeslip, so ill get a glory run at my track then told to beat feet lol.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member

Ran outta gear? What do you mean?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
So they booted you for too fast? I want a 10sec timeslip, so ill get a glory run at my track then told to beat feet lol.

Yeah they booted me for not having a cage and running faster than 11.49.

Ran outta gear? What do you mean?

With 3.73's I had to coast the last few feet because I hit the limiter before I crossed the line. I am putting my stock 3.31's back in sometime soon though and probably going to do a forged bottom end.

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
So, not so slow as you first thought? The guy that installed mine said "it's sneaky fast", the car is smooth instead of violent like the last 1/4 mile car I had a couple decades ago. It doesnt drive or feel like a 10 second car, but it is.

96svtdriver

Established Member
do you have the newer timing cover or do you have the stretchy belt setup still, im wondering how hard the grinding will be with the new timing cover and if roush has updated the install instructions.

Whats the part number on the updated timing cover? My '11GT was built in Dec. '10. I'm thinking about doing the TVS later and I wanted to know just how much grinding I'll have to do.

Last edited:

96svtdriver

Established Member
not sure, search the stretchy belt TSB. That should list it.

According to TSB 12-1-10 these are the updated parts the TSB replaces. It mentions the stretchy belt, but is for the engine tick. Is this the correct one? I don't mean to hijack the thread.:bash:

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CR3Z-8620-AA Kit-Drive Belt - Boss
BR3Z-8620-DA Kit-Drive Belt - GT
BR3Z-6019-G Front Cover
XW4Z-6700-A Crankshaft Seal - Front

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
According to TSB 12-1-10 these are the updated parts the TSB replaces. It mentions the stretchy belt, but is for the engine tick. Is this the correct one? I don't mean to hijack the thread.:bash:

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BR3Z-6019-G Front Cover

im going to go out on a limb and say yes, a;tough that may be the kraken talkin

03Cobra1979

Established Member
So, not so slow as you first thought? The guy that installed mine said "it's sneaky fast", the car is smooth instead of violent like the last 1/4 mile car I had a couple decades ago. It doesnt drive or feel like a 10 second car, but it is.

This is 100% correct. I could not have said it better. My camaro and termi were violent fast. This just feels so smooth I think it is slower. But it is obviously pretty damn quick.

RI_2011_GT

Established Member

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BR3Z-6019-G Front Cover

2012 FORD MUSTANG Parts - Tousley Ford Parts Depot

slyguy

Established Member
Whats the part number on the updated timing cover? My '11GT was built in Dec. '10. I'm thinking about doing the TVS later and I wanted to know just how much grinding I'll have to do.

I just installed my Roush SC from Justin, and I was considering getting this pre-machined cover Ford 5.0 Coyote Pre-Machined Timing Cover for Supercharger
but didn't.

Basically it's more work to pull off the cover than it is to grind it, especially if you have the new cover (I don't) where all you have to do is cut off 3 bosses.

I have to agree with sneaky fast. The car is so smooth that you don't realize how fast you're going.

I went with a 75mm pulley, injectors and a BAP.

Can't wait to get on a dyno to get some data so Justin can really dial it in...

jojobee

Established Member
I just got my Roush TVS installed on my 2012 GT and too felt that it was so slow that i had the car dynoed to see what numbers i was getting..

Result= No torque gain over my Steeda cai/ tune,360 tq to the wheels and 435 rwhp on a Mustang dyno.

I knew the Roush tune was safe but i wasnt expecting it to remove the fun factor from the car.

Definitely getting a tune and pulley..!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lknl15

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
Alright, I've had my set up for well over a year and have had terrible stalling issues! I have a roush tvs, modified injectors, JLT CAI, with around 12psi. The car is pretty fast, but the stalling issue is beyond annoying when I drive it! I'm tuned by one of the big guys, but not Justin. He says he's not sure what the problem is and now I see claims of the JLT possibly being a contributing factor??? I just want my car to NOT STALL...:fm: It's almost 2 years old and only has 4k miles so it is not driven enough to really stir up some shit, BUT when I do drive it it pisses me off royally when it shuts down. Guess I'll call Justin and pick his brain if he will talk to me? You know the story, competitions products are always gonna be inferior and I should have done this or that... Thought maybe it was the modified injectors dumping to much fuel? Or maybe a bad wide band? Now the claim of the CAI contributing??? I'm not blaming anyone, I just want to know what is more likely the problem. Plans to install a return style race fuel system and see if the regulator helps with the problem. Car runs like a champ minus the stalling issue, 10.67 @ 134 to date in 100* heat. Any constructive knowledgeable ideas are greatly appreciated. :??::??::??:

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Alright, I've had my set up for well over a year and have had terrible stalling issues! I have a roush tvs, modified injectors, JLT CAI, with around 12psi. The car is pretty fast, but the stalling issue is beyond annoying when I drive it! I'm tuned by one of the big guys, but not Justin. He says he's not sure what the problem is and now I see claims of the JLT possibly being a contributing factor??? I just want my car to NOT STALL...:fm: It's almost 2 years old and only has 4k miles so it is not driven enough to really stir up some shit, BUT when I do drive it it pisses me off royally when it shuts down. Guess I'll call Justin and pick his brain if he will talk to me? You know the story, competitions products are always gonna be inferior and I should have done this or that... Thought maybe it was the modified injectors dumping to much fuel? Or maybe a bad wide band? Now the claim of the CAI contributing??? I'm not blaming anyone, I just want to know what is more likely the problem. Plans to install a return style race fuel system and see if the regulator helps with the problem. Car runs like a champ minus the stalling issue, 10.67 @ 134 to date in 100* heat. Any constructive knowledgeable ideas are greatly appreciated. :??::??::??:

Justin will tell you to get the JLT air filter with the screen in it.

"Hey, I think before we make tuning changes, we should clean up the mass air signal. Jlt has filters with screens that smooth out the signal a lot, they are around $70, this helps stabilize the maf signal since the cold air/ram air tube is right there blowing on the filter."

Tucker

I'm not sure why tuners blame a part that just flows air and the thousands of adjuatable perameters in the tune make it run and drive.

These cars are finiky and some need more detailed tuning than others. To try and help the tuners having issues we had filters made with a screen in them to help straighten the air going across the MAF. This has helped some where the tuner could get it right.

Justin tuned my 2011 with no screen and no stalling and I also know of tons that Jon tuned without stalling either.
Have you datalogged the car and sent it to Jon?
Has Jon tuned the car in person?

You can try the screened filter to see if it helps your situation, for some it has and some it was still in the tune.

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
Justin will tell you to get the JLT air filter with the screen in it.

"Hey, I think before we make tuning changes, we should clean up the mass air signal. Jlt has filters with screens that smooth out the signal a lot, they are around $70, this helps stabilize the maf signal since the cold air/ram air tube is right there blowing on the filter."

Now that is what I like to see. I thank you and will try it tell you what the outcome is. I hope that is all that is wrong with it :bowdown:

blue 87 stroked

Established Member
Yes Jon tuned it in person at EVO. But he also said that it is a standard tune that every one of this set up has from him. He has tweaked some small stuff by email. Just sucks that I am the 1% :dw: No I haven't datalogged it yet. Again, I'm not blaming ANYONE. But this is interesting. Jon never once said anything bad about the CAI, he did say try the Roush tube, which I haven't because I thought there was no way it would stop the stalling. I'll try the filter FIRST to see what happens. Tucker, I need one ASAP!

Tucker

Give us a call and we can hook you up.
Tell Marissa I ok'd you to get 10% off the filter to see if it helps.

Let me know
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread