My opinion on the Roush TVS with the Roush tune loaded.

Larry03GT

Established Member
Mine has the 90mm pulley with a JLT big air Remote Lund tune and I'm at 554hp and 497tq 7lb of boost and pulls like a mother from 2500 up!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Brenspeed is a very reputable tuner, and believe that he has been tuning/installing Roush kits for some time.

OP, I believe that Tuckers car picked up some serious HP with a custom tune over the stock Roush file on his 13'. Keep us posted.
I'm sure they do a great job, but in this case, the tune has nothing to do with the blower perse. You really need the experience with the 127mm CAI specifically to dial it in. Any good tuner would be able to do this on their dyno....

alex12gt

Established Member
Im running the jlt with 47s and a bap and i am having a stalling issue when cold if i coast to far.....almost like its getting to much air car dynoed at 575hp with this combo and looking to prolly switch to a vmp tune and new pulley to get it to 600

grnenvy

Established Member
No dout the Roush tune doesn't do anything with the TQ management or throttle response. Also the timing curves are very safe.
Any tune will be better then what u have now.

sonic2003gt

Established Member
Tune will really wake it up. I live about 30 minutes away from Brenspeed, but I still went with Justin from VMP. Brenspeed has only been tuning the Roush blowers for just a couple of months. Justin has been doing it since the Roushcharger has been available. However, if you do go with a Brenspeed tune, we should meet up and do a comparison test.

Tucker

The stock Roush tune is very weak and tuners blaming stalling on an intake are not tuning the car right. It's sad that they do that.

I've had many calls about stalling cars, then those customers get a VMP or Lund tune and guess what? No more stalling.

I ran Justins tune on my 11 and loved it, now I have Brent Hughes tuning my 13 and so far no stalling.

Larry03GT

Established Member
The stock Roush tune is very weak and tuners blaming stalling on an intake are not tuning the car right. It's sad that they do that.

I've had many calls about stalling cars, then those customers get a VMP or Lund tune and guess what? No more stalling.

I ran Justins tune on my 11 and loved it, now I have Brent Hughes tuning my 13 and so far no stalling.

Jay Just want to thank you for making quality products! I've used several CAI with all my cars and JLT has always been the best performing and quality fit product! As far as stalling never had that problem but then again I'm always used a quality tuner also.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Tune will really wake it up. I live about 30 minutes away from Brenspeed, but I still went with Justin from VMP. Brenspeed has only been tuning the Roush blowers for just a couple of months. Justin has been doing it since the Roushcharger has been available. However, if you do go with a Brenspeed tune, we should meet up and do a comparison test.

I did go with Brenspeed for the tune since they basically tune everything I want for free. I called VMP today to buy a JLT CAI & get a new tune for the roush and the guy that answered the phone said there was no such monster. So that didn't set well with me.

I would be happy to meet up sometime when you are free and I am free to check the cars out and check the tunes out.

Ohh and the Brenspeed tune did wake it up a bunch. I still feel like it is slower than my old cobra that was making 470 to the wheels. But track times will show that I guess.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

My carbon 127 stalls still, once a week. It was tuned by one of the two you mentioned and he has given up on fixing it. He also came right out and said those intakes are a royal pain in the arse to tune. I deal with the occasional stall and trailer hitching feel down hills because I like the look and sound. If somebody has got their tune to where neither of those problems occur, tell me who to talk to.

Tucker

My carbon 127 stalls still, once a week. It was tuned by one of the two you mentioned and he has given up on fixing it. He also came right out and said those intakes are a royal pain in the arse to tune. I deal with the occasional stall and trailer hitching feel down hills because I like the look and sound. If somebody has got their tune to where neither of those problems occur, tell me who to talk to.
Sounds like you need to find another tuner.
Not only do we sell a ton of these kits without complaint, we own them too.

My 11 with VMP tune was great. It would stall once and a while, but then I remembered I lowered the idle. So I raised it up to 800 and no stall.

Try that, it worked for me.

Now my 13 is tuned by Brent Hughes of Dyno Tuned Performance in VA Beach. Made KILLER power Monday (can't say yet, 5.0 was here doing an article:banana: ) and no stall.

We do now have filters with screens in them. We got them to help out the customers who had tunes from tuners who had a stall. It's not the fix all or a fix to the kit, it's a positive change to help make the tuners life a little easier.

I don't understand tuners who point the finger at a part that only flows air. If you want to do mail order tunes and have an issue tuning a product, it sounds like you need to spend more time on the dyno with that product to perfect your tune your offering.

This is not ment to offend you or your tuner, but too many don't have an issue to say "it's the intake".

Thanks
Jay

Bud

Established Member
I've experienced stalling when on the stock air box, but I'm also running a tune now on the JLT intake that doesn't stall.

Is the screen a retrofit item for current intakes, or only part of the new intakes?

Tucker

I've experienced stalling when on the stock air box, but I'm also running a tune now on the JLT intake that doesn't stall.

Is the screen a retrofit item for current intakes, or only part of the new intakes?

Very good to know.
It's the same 5x9 filter, just with a screen

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Ok so who are you guys saying I should call to order the CAI and the tune for my TVS from? I called VMP and the guy who answered the phone said JLT does not make a CAI for the 2011+ with the TVS. Should I just order it direct from JLT and then order the tune from VMP?

Tucker

Ok so who are you guys saying I should call to order the CAI and the tune for my TVS from? I called VMP and the guy who answered the phone said JLT does not make a CAI for the 2011+ with the TVS. Should I just order it direct from JLT and then order the tune from VMP?

You called VMP? Are you sure? They run one on their car.:shrug:
Call back.

Users who are viewing this thread