My Paxton Install Experience

Jukens

Established Member
Well 2 months later and all of my issues have been taken care of. The vortech boost a pump issue has been cured by vortech swapping my programmable with a universal and telling me it isn't going to fix the problem. Well it did. Car has a strong 2 second prime every time now with the universal installed. Looks like there may be some kind of compatibility issue with the programmable? Either way I paid roughly 230$ over the price of the universal to get a universal, hopefully I can get some kind of compensation for the difference.

kaane

Established Member
Just ordered my Paxton Tuner kit from Beefcake for my 2013 GT. Should have it in a couple weeks.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Same here, just broke mine this afternoon. Did you guys bent it before reinstalling it?

Yes definately bend the new one before you install it. The local dealership didnt have one in stock, so they overnighted me one, it came out to $73.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
How are all of you guys breaking the AC line?

On mine I did it without breaking it at first, until I put the resivoir on, it looked like the line needed to go over another inch. I carefully pryed, but the fitting is really weak, so it just busted and freon came spewing out:cuss:

Jukens

Established Member
I put the new ac line on and didnt have to do any bending...

robloz50

Established Member
I did the same, it loked good but I just gave and extra nudge and then came the hissing!:nonono:
I am on my way to pick one up from Tommie Vaughn, and I will make sure to bend it before I put it on.

Jukens

Established Member
Any ways of bending it without breakage? I don't feel like refilling the AC system on a new car :(

Check your fitment before you do any bending, like I said before I didn't have to bend the new ac line at all.

robloz50

Established Member
Put the ac line back on the reservoir bolts into place with minor obstruction from the line. Pretty much wasted 100$ on a new line and freon:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread