My Paxton Install Experience

stang8psi

Established Member
Like I mentioned earlier post JMS has a boos pump and it's supposed to be real good! OP Is there a reason you need the pump if you have 1000cc injectors? the duty cycle on those has to be low since they are so big I wouldn't think you needed one with your boost level and power on a stock pulley?

RFM50

Established Member
From what I have been told, it's needed to be more aggressive with the tune. With out it, they have to be conservative with timing.

Last edited:

Jukens

Established Member
Like I mentioned earlier post JMS has a boos pump and it's supposed to be real good! OP Is there a reason you need the pump if you have 1000cc injectors? the duty cycle on those has to be low since they are so big I wouldn't think you needed one with your boost level and power on a stock pulley?

According to Shaun I should be ok. And my afr looked great to redline without. I was thinking more future proof.

Buster

Established Member
I bought sct racer pro, Got some help from Casey at aps autoworks for a base file, then mastwolf (hpx motorsports) setup my shifts, car runs awesome now.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, a friend of mine had similar issues with the lund/bjonnes tunes. they couldnt get the drivability issues figured out and it was taking a LONG time to hear back from them. SO he went with AED and iirc 3-4 tune revisions later, everything was near perfect. Glad you got most of it worked out. You shouldn't need the BAP until you get over 600whp. Like others have stated, try a differnt brand pump. My buddy just installed one on this car last week but im not sure which one he is using.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I run the KB BAP. I have had no issues with it. I honestly don't know any one with the Vortech BAP. And we have over 30 local boosted stangs that meet about ever weekend running all different blowers.

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That's sucks that you had such an issue with the initial tuning. Glad Shaun was able to get you setup. He does go well above and beyond with his customer service!

teamstorm02

Established Member
im looking to get the vortech kit id like to see all the stuff that has to be cut.. i really dont like the idea of cutting my car up either

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I have a lund tune on my paxton 12'. It is a pretty conservative tune and i'm extremely happy about it. It drives great and i only see one problem every once in a while with the ac or defrosters on where i get a jumping idle but if i put it in neutral it goes away. I am using the vortech bap that is meant for the 2011+ 5.0 stangs and i occasionally have a longer cold start. Its not all the time but i would say out of 10 starts i get 1 longer start. Do i need the bap? Probably not but there might be that one instance where i need the extra fuel and i'm happy the bap is there just in case. Compared to the kb bap it wasn't always running instead it came on with boost so i like that feature. I didn't go with id1000's but i know Shaun@Aed recommends them as well. They are a damn good injector and in case you want to get more out of your blower later they won't need upgraded. I was trying to use the 47lb injectors but i was running out of fuel up top so i switched to the 75lb ones that lethal sells(Fred overnighted them for me hes a great guy). Shaun seems to be doing great things on the 5.0s. I'm glad your happy with your tune and everything is worked out. As for beefcake upselling you. I don't believe that. The bap is a safety thing and from his experience 9/10 people probably upgrade the smaller injectors they bought and go to id1000's later anyway so he might of actually saved you money in the long run. If you want i will trade you my 75lbers and $100 for your 1000s. I want to go e85 now!

Last edited:

wnt2gofst

Banned
I have a lund tune on my paxton 12'. It is a pretty conservative tune and i'm extremely happy about it. It drives great and i only see one problem every once in a while with the ac or defrosters on where i get a jumping idle but if i put it in neutral it goes away. I am using the vortech bap that is meant for the 2011+ 5.0 stangs and i occasionally have a longer cold start. Its not all the time but i would say out of 10 starts i get 1 longer start. Do i need the bap? Probably not but there might be that one instance where i need the extra fuel and i'm happy the bap is there just in case. Compared to the kb bap it wasn't always running instead it came on with boost so i like that feature. I didn't go with id1000's but i know Shaun@Aed recommends them as well. They are a damn good injector and in case you want to get more out of your blower later they won't need upgraded. I was trying to use the 47lb injectors but i was running out of fuel up top so i switched to the 75lb ones that lethal sells(Fred overnighted them for me hes a great guy). Shaun seems to be doing great things on the 5.0s. I'm glad your happy with your tune and everything is worked out. As for beefcake upselling you. I don't believe that. The bap is a safety thing and from his experience 9/10 people probably upgrade the smaller injectors they bought and go to id1000's later anyway so he might of actually saved you money in the long run. If you want i will trade you my 75$ and $100 for your 1000s. I want to go e85 now!

The id1000's are nice. I have 75's right now. Later I plan to go to id2000's with my built engine, fuel system, and turn boost to 20lbs.

As far as Terry. Great Guy. I got my blower from him for a steal compared to everyone else. Not to mention he has answered numerous question for me. From his own setup to tuning, you name it. He also got me a great deal on my Racestars. I will be ordering more from him for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

nicksender

Established Member
I dont think its running right if youre only trapping 119

He said in a later post in this thread that he trapped 125; but only a 12 sec. ET. The 119 he might have been letting on and off the gas to get traction; hence the low MPH. I would say mid 120's are what it should trap once sorted out.

Jukens

Established Member
He said in a later post in this thread that he trapped 125; but only a 12 sec. ET. The 119 he might have been letting on and off the gas to get traction; hence the low MPH. I would say mid 120's are what it should trap once sorted out.

Exactly. I couldn't get on it until after the shift into 3rd.

KenB

Established Member
Sorry you weren't happy with the service. But I do want to point out one thing. The majority of the time we spent on your car was on startup. In an effort to get the car starting correctly we changed many things and I began to suspect the tune.

Once you figured out the startup issue was because of the BAP, you sent me a message on Aug 11th( a Saturday) that you decided not to worry about the BAP/startup issue, put an older revision on and sent me a log. I sent you a revision on Aug 14th and then never heard back until yesterday when you said you got it tuned somewhere else.

Either way, glad you got your car running how you want it but wanted to tell my side. No hard feelings I hope, non on my part.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you could always ditch the vortech pump and try the JMS! also I was considering the kit from beefcake but I may just do the tuner kit and do some 60's I feel as where my car is going to be and my goal the 1000's are overkill! also the mph seems kinda low?? N/A cars are trapping that MPH! Was the DA super High? Also who did you resort to for the tuning after the lund/KBjones fiasco?

Stay away from the 60's on these cars they tune horrible.

47's, 75's, or id 1000's is what you want.

Interesting to hear about the priming problems with the Vortech BAP. That's the second thread I've seen on this forum about that same issue. Starting to look more and more like the problem is on Vortech's end. Hopefully they'll step up with a solution!!

I'd like to see the other thread. This is the only car I have heard of this issue before.

Ya hence the reason I said Terry up sold me lol. I didn't need 1000$ injectors either but it's said and done. I trapped 125 on another run but was 12 sec et. Traction was killing me only do so much with street tires. Couldn't go full throttle until 3rd and was spinning on most shifts. I went with AED.

As far as "upselling", the first question I ask everyone is what are your plans, do you plan on more power down the road ect.. If you are planning on more power down the road, larger injectors are a great idea and a bap is great insurance on fuel. On a base kit, you "should" be okay without the bap, but as Ken will tell you, they have tuned cars that simply will not get enough fuel.

I have talked several people out of 8 rib upgrades, and other items that I told them imho were not necessary for the power level they were wanting to achieve.

Steve from bbr suggested the same thing but vortech says no and terry is saying it won't help either when I asked for a swap.

I have talked to Vortech several times. They tested the bap sent back, and it is in perfect working condition. They tested the new one before sending it out. It tested in perfect working condition.

Installed electronics are not eligible for refunds. That being said. If the BAP is returned to them in it's original condition, they will send a 3rd bap (non boost referenced) for you to try.

It will be the last BAP they send out.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I dont think its running right if youre only trapping 119
A lot can play into that. DA, actual power from the tune, ie timing etc, missed gear, traction having to let out of it etc. On that with traction I trapped 126-128 before a stall. Then trapped 129-131 with stall. Also cut about .4 off my time with a stall.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Lol I broke that same AC line and for the same reason as well while I was putting on my Vortech kit.

Users who are viewing this thread