My Powertrain Warranty has just been extended to 5 yrs 60,000 miles

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I recently received a letter from Ford stating the warranty on my Shelby GT500 has been extended from 3 yrs/36,000 to 5 yrs/60,000 miles. Which I thought was pretty cool!?:-D

This will make the urge to mod much more difficult. :cryying:

Anyone else get this?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
If it's tuned, you've already kissed it goodbye. coughStainlessWorkscough.

SlowSVT

Established Member
........you mean 60,000 track miles.

Does that entitle you to new rotors after every race? Dude that's a smoken deal :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Fourcam330 said:

Ha ha it's at a pathetic 509 RWHP. With some of the numbers being thrown around here lately, I think I just might be low man on the totem pole!? :cryying:

SlowSVT said:
........you mean 60,000 track miles.

Does that entitle you to new rotors after every race? Dude that's a smoken deal :rockon:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit the five years WAY before the 60,000 miles. She's only got 1,400 on the clock now!?! :p

chuckstang

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Ya but I have heard the computer shows the same thing as being tuned when you clear a check engine light or have it serviced in some ways.
Your thoughts?
(If you know what I meant, I could not explain it well)

CGoeschel

Established Member
They began offering the 5/60000 mid 2007 model year to combat GM's powertrain warranty. So, although you were delivered as 3/36000, Ford made 5/60000 retro to all 2007 model year vehicles and then notified you after the fact.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

dont be so sure. we now have proof that 23 degrees timing is a factory tune....:D ford has to cover all factory tunes 23 degrees and lower correct?!?!:idea: :beer:

Intruder

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

I love controversy! On the livewire thread I asked tucker if I put a tune in to run a JTL intake would I be able to return it to a factory setting before having it serviced by a Ford Tech. His response was pretty much that the Ford tech would just see a cleared computer similar to if you had a CEL code corrected. Is this not the case?? :read:

Fourcam330

Established Member
First it really all depends on your dealer. Some aren't going to care, others will nail you to the wall for a tune. Remember Ford is financially hurting and excessive warranty claims due to aftermarket modifications are one of the reasons. When the Terms and 6.0 Powerstrokes were found to be eating themselves (terms pistons, powerstrokes everything lol) Ford looked for any possible way to remove liability. Memos sent to dealers from Ford told them to specifically look for an aftermarket tune, and if found, to void the powertrain warranty immediately.
That being said, if you brought a GT500 back to the dealer with catastrophic engine damage and a recently cleared PCM, I have to believe there would be more questions.
The best advice I can give is to find a friendly dealer, and to take care of the service manager.
The good news is a quality tune like SCT isn't very likely to cause anything to go awry.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
dont be so sure. we now have proof that 23 degrees timing is a factory tune....:D ford has to cover all factory tunes 23 degrees and lower correct?!?!:idea: :beer:

At WOT? Where did the number come from?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Add me to the list of non believers. BTW, HPPs dyno reads notoriously high.

Fourcam330

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Then you might as well chime in and give him your .02 cents as well!? ;-) :poke:

You know I try to avoid written conflict like the plague...:dw: :lol1:

Last edited:

03SBSVT

Banned
chuckstang said:
Ya but I have heard the computer shows the same thing as being tuned when you clear a check engine light or have it serviced in some ways.
Your thoughts?
(If you know what I meant, I could not explain it well)
all you have to do is set it to stock then unplug the battery for an hour, its what the 05+ diesel guys do, and yes it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread