My Raptor in the tornado estimate $70,000

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
First off let me say I hope it works out for you in your favor, which ever way that is. But you need,,,
1. A Bed
2. Both Door Skins
3. A Fender
4. A Hood
5. A Roof Panel
6. Rear Window
7. Two Tail lights

And that equals $70k?
Holy Jesus. I know the tail gate on my dad's F-350 Platinum was like $3500-$4500 but damn.

cj428mach

Established Member
$70k? Holy crap. My Cobra looked like that after a storm here and $300 and an afternoon at the paintless dent repair shop and it looked brand new. By that thing back and pocket the cash!

Is pdr pretty cheap? I see a little escape on copart totaled for hail. It would make a great little school car but i have no idea what PDR costs. You can't even really see the damage from the pics. Its only a $4500 car without hail so wouldnt take much to total

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Is pdr pretty cheap? I see a little escape on copart totaled for hail. It would make a great little school car but i have no idea what PDR costs. You can't even really see the damage from the pics. Its only a $4500 car without hail so wouldnt take much to total

Some of the guys i know who do PDR aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and do a great job. I would buy the tools and do it myself and save the dollars and maybe start a side job?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The cost of a new truck to repair/replace and paint all the panels on your truck? I don't even need to see the estimate to know that is entirely wrong lol.

I'll write out a basic estimate for his truck at insurance rates replacing all of the panels and post it up. It will come out to $22k would be my guess.

Coiled03

Established Member
lol, how did they **** up and mix up a 13,500 quote and a 70k quote?

Yeah, so I guess they have a Ferrari sitting around they just happen to be repairing at the same time. Easy to see how they could mix up those two quotes.

Wait, wut?

To be clear, it's plausible they mixed up two quotes. I'm just trying to imagine what other vehicle they might have sitting around that would require $70K to fix lol.

98slowbra

Established Member
He said $7-8 and I heard just $70,000 from his speech, so I asked him again $70,000 are you sure and he said yes, even his body shop guy said to him you know the customer left and thinks it will cost $70,000 to fix, the customer said $70,000 and you said yes, you better call him and let him know that you did not convey it right and you did not listen to him and the total is $13,500. Not my fault but you can blame me if you wish, that is what I heard and not I do not need a hearing aid.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He said $7-8 and I heard just $70,000 from his speech, so I asked him again $70,000 are you sure and he said yes, even his body shop guy said to him you know the customer left and thinks it will cost $70,000 to fix, the customer said $70,000 and you said yes, you better call him and let him know that you did not convey it right and you did not listen to him and the total is $13,500. Not my fault but you can blame me if you wish, that is what I heard and not I do not need a hearing aid.

I do not troll, I heard something not clear from him, yes I will take the blame, but he about killed me having me sit here thinking this for 3 hours

Ok. LOL

Blown 89

Established Member
It's pretty cheap. Like I said, the entire top of my Cobra looked like it had sat in a driving range. My dad's truck looked like the truck in the picture. His was a few grand to do but it looked flawless after. The dent repair guys travel around chasing storms. Set up shop for a few months, make a ton of cash, then go to the next location. This was the storm his truck was caught in so you can imagine the damage:

Users who are viewing this thread