My Review of the 2011 GT500

91svtbird

Established Member
22 mpg city???????? I believe that should read 15 mpg

Thanks, my bad, I corrected it.

Hmmm, great pics, but like welcome to what 2 months ago :shrug:

Actually 1 month ago Chuck, I did post it on StangMafia back in early Feb right after Ford released this info to the media (Feb 11), but since I noticed that some here on SVTPerformance were still asking questions about the 2011 I thought I'd post it here as well.
Chuck would you mind making the city mileage correction to 15mpg in the section you quoted, thanks.

For the rest of you, thanks for all your thoughtful and appreciative comments.

Last edited:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Who cares if it's not "new' info? Well done review.

Wish they would get going on building mine... I'll post a review from all angles when it gets here...

Brian Z.

Established Member
Thanks very much for the review - definitely an amazing car.

Well, except for those butt-ugly wheels. Can you get the upgrade package without those crappy wheels?

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
The coolest mustang ever, glad that this thing is going to be a street terror....

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Thats not going to happen

But its fun to watch from the sidelines :dw:

Hide and watch. With the commercial real estate market on the verge of collapse and the debt bomb about to explode the economy is in for a rough ride for a few years. Timing is everything for those with cash and patience.

chuckstang

Established Member
Thanks, my bad, I corrected it.

Actually 1 month ago Chuck, I did post it on StangMafia back in early Feb right after Ford released this info to the media (Feb 11), but since I noticed that some here on SVTPerformance were still asking questions about the 2011 I thought I'd post it here as well.
Chuck would you mind making the city mileage correction to 15mpg in the section you quoted, thanks.

For the rest of you, thanks for all your thoughtful and appreciative comments.

just bustin your balls

It was a great write up for those that may not check the forums often

chuckstang

Established Member
Hide and watch. With the commercial real estate market on the verge of collapse and the debt bomb about to explode the economy is in for a rough ride for a few years. Timing is everything for those with cash and patience.

Hey that is awsome if you are right because I will be right there next to you ready to buy one! :banana:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
IMHO, ANY Shelby's worth being enthusiastic about, especially if it's in YOUR driveway or the keys are in YOUR pocket...or you're bangin' the gears! :rockon:

Oh, hell ya..agree 1000%. These cars have SOOOOOO much potential it's
crazy.

You will always have something bigger and better coming out. However, it's what you do with what you have that makes life awsome....IMO

Nice write up

fastlif

Established Member
I'll still wait for the next body change. The front still looks like an after thought. The slope on the front looks like they just made a change for the sake of change and the rear everyone agrees is not so great. The skinny stripes are terrible too. It's growing on me a little though.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
I'll still wait for the next body change. The front still looks like an after thought. The slope on the front looks like they just made a change for the sake of change and the rear everyone agrees is not so great. The skinny stripes are terrible too. It's growing on me a little though.

Not only that; but they have gotten just about all the horsepower out of the 5.4L that they can produce. What if the the next generation of Shelby's has a 6.2L, 600+ hp motor? It boggles the mind.

chuckstang

Established Member
I do not see the next gen making much more power

It is losing weight from this point on which is much better than more power

the 07 at 500 had plenty of power

we do not need more power!

how about even less weight and a real IRS perhaps

2Sharpie

Established Member
IMHO, ANY Shelby's worth being enthusiastic about, especially if it's in YOUR driveway or the keys are in YOUR pocket...or you're bangin' the gears! :rockon:

Absolutely.............can't believe I still have one every time I go in the garage!!!!!!!!!

melissa809

Established Member
I plan on buying one more Shelby....the last year they make them...lol....I think that'll give me sufficient time to get my finances in order...oh yeah, and trade in my condo for a house with a 2 car garage...lol

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member

The ass still looks like ass!!:nonono:

BigDan

Established Member
I think a lot of would be Camaro SS owners will gravitate towards the 2011 GT500 much like I did. Back in September is right when the Camaro SS started hitting the streets and I was all about to get one until I started to see how they stacked up against the comp and I wasn’t impress at all, even the supercharged versions were not worth it unless you went all out. So I started searching the 2010 GT500 and it was exactly what I was looking for except a lack of bad ass auto tranny. So since it was fall I decided to google 2011 GT500 and found threads about almost positive conformation the new AL block was coming for 2011. So naturally I decided to wait because I have patience and know I would have to live with that regret for the life of the car.
So here I am, the potential Camaro owner who was looking to buy once they hit the streets wasn’t impressed, cross-shopped the GT500 and google'd the up coming year only to find out of bigger and better changes for the next MY.

I've always been a Chevy guy had a low 12 sec 67 Camaro but I'm also practical and always go for the best and that's what the 2011 GT500 is going to be. I'm also too young for a vette. The 2010 Camaro was a really big let down for us Chevy Camaro fan's. They should call the new 2011 GT 5.0L the terminator cuz that what its gonna do to the Camaro SS and if they ever build a z28 it still wont be able to compete.

Just look at all the R&D in our new block
The Ford Engine Technology Good Enough For The Nissan GT-R - Shelby GT500 - Jalopnik

melissa809

Established Member
I think a lot of would be Camaro SS owners will gravitate towards the 2011 GT500 much like I did. Back in September is right when the Camaro SS started hitting the streets and I was all about to get one until I started to see how they stacked up against the comp and I wasn’t impress at all, even the supercharged versions were not worth it unless you went all out. So I started searching the 2010 GT500 and it was exactly what I was looking for except a lack of bad ass auto tranny. So since it was fall I decided to google 2011 GT500 and found threads about almost positive conformation the new AL block was coming for 2011. So naturally I decided to wait because I have patience and know I would have to live with that regret for the life of the car.
So here I am, the potential Camaro owner who was looking to buy once they hit the streets wasn’t impressed, cross-shopped the GT500 and google'd the up coming year only to find out of bigger and better changes for the next MY.

I've always been a Chevy guy had a low 12 sec 67 Camaro but I'm also practical and always go for the best and that's what the 2011 GT500 is going to be. I'm also too young for a vette. The 2010 Camaro was a really big let down for us Chevy Camaro fan's. They should call the new 2011 GT 5.0L the terminator cuz that what its gonna do to the Camaro SS and if they ever build a z28 it still wont be able to compete.

Just look at all the R&D in our new block
The Ford Engine Technology Good Enough For The Nissan GT-R - Shelby GT500 - Jalopnik
But why would you want an American muscle car with an automatic tranny?...kind of screams...GIRL....haha...

Users who are viewing this thread