My Shelby finally arrived

ZIMxxZUM

M0NST3RZoftheM1DW4Y
Established Member
Siiick!!! That must be an awesome feeling after waiting for it to arrive. I think you should have the dealer get that checked out. I wouldnt touch it lol

Imatk

Established Member
Nice car OP.

I've heard that sometimes they forget to take the label off the driveshaft at the factory.

I don't know if that's what's causing your knock, but might be worth looking into.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
car is beautiful, goodluck with it, you got all the best options...i still wish the car had actual color stripes in the seats (even Grabber Blue) if you get black stripes, i just love seeing the colors in the seats. Awesome car otherwise!

oldmodman

Established Member
That sure is a beautiful car.

Are you going to leave it stock until; the warranty runs out?

Or build a monster right away?

Do I see 1238 rwhp in your future?

verbal

Established Member
Not sure if its normal, but need to track it down if its not.

Ticking is normal and occasionally you will hear a slight cam lop. I believe the driveshaft tag was taken care of after 2013. You may want to read through the thread on things to look out for during delivery that is posted in the 2013+ forum. Car looks awesome btw. Congrats!

Grabber07'

Established Member
Ticking is normal and occasionally you will hear a slight cam lop. I believe the driveshaft tag was taken care of after 2013. You may want to read through the thread on things to look out for during delivery that is posted in the 2013+ forum. Car looks awesome btw. Congrats!

Took the car by the dealer today to try and repeat the noise, could not repeat it (always happens that way).

Was told to let them know if it happens again and record it if possible. Lead mechanic thinks it may be the Catalytic converters heating and cooling for the first time.

And thank you for the compliment sir

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
Welcome back, I love the glass roof!

Wish I would of checked that box when ordering mine.

Hold on to it......It's the last of an era now that they built the last 2014 GT500 I cant imagine that Ford is gonna keep the 662hp 5.8L and GT500 name plate around much longer.

I just love the sound of a healthy mod motor (especially cat-less) compared to the Coyote's which have a different firing order. Just imagine it with LT's, stage 3 cams and a 4.0-4.5L Whipple all under the stock hood (like Lethal's Snow White) Talk about end of an era and a major WOW factor to boot :rockon:

Makes me want to run out and get one of the remaining 2014's preferably Sterling Gray with Blue stripes....ok I gotta stop day dreaming now.

Last edited:

Grabber07'

Established Member
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir!

I'm jelly

Dont be Jelly, trade the cobra in on one!! You wont regret it!

Very nice congrats

Gracias!

Welcome back, I love the glass roof!

Wish I would of checked that box when ordering mine.

Hold on to it......It's the last of an era now that they built the last 2014 GT500 I cant imagine that Ford is gonna keep the 662hp 5.8L and GT500 name plate around much longer.

I just love the sound of a healthy mod motor (especially cat-less) compared to the Coyote's which have a different firing order. Just imagine it with LT's, stage 3 cams and a 4.0-4.5L Whipple all under the stock hood (like Lethal's Snow White) Talk about end of an era and a major WOW factor to boot :rockon:

Makes me want to run out and get one of the remaining 2014's preferably Sterling Gray with Blue stripes....ok I gotta stop day dreaming now.

Sterling Gray with black or Sonic Blue stripes was my second choice! Definitely holding on to this one!

What cat?

The car is stunning! Congrats.

Much appreciated :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread