Mystic Cobra #1?

nomoretickets

Established Member
Buys two mystics, starts gofundme to get people to pay for his hobby. Seems legit to me. In other news, I have decided my car needs a blower. Once installed, I intend to hoon the life out of it. Please donate to my hoon fund on Gofundme :D:D:D

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol at all these comments. Good stuff.

That GoFundMe shit always turned me off. Publicly asking for a handout is not my thing. Obviously there are some circumstances, but this isn't one of 'em.

I was more concerned with the history of the car, and if anyone knew anything further.

chao5.0

Established Member
I have a Mystic and I'll be honest, aside from the paint the car is nothing special. This isn't a BOSS or a any kind of race car with a history of winning or championship pedigree, it's a Cobra with a unique paint job. I'd be more interested if someone found Cobra R #1 from any of the 3 years they were produced.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have a Mystic and I'll be honest, aside from the paint the car is nothing special. This isn't a BOSS or a any kind of race car with a history of winning or championship pedigree, it's a Cobra with a unique paint job. I'd be more interested if someone found Cobra R #1 from any of the 3 years they were produced.

Don’t sell your car short! While I agree a 96 Cobra isn’t a high-water mark, the Mystic cars have a big following. The paint is the only reason I bought my 96. It was the first ever color-changing production car and that makes it a nice collectible.

Finding #1 is neat, but it would would have been much better if it was a low-mile pristine example.

golicherg@yahoo

Established Member
Gentlemen: I am the owner of #1 and yes it is real, Mr. John Clor of SVT has authenticated it. Additionally, I do wish it were of low mileage and pristine, but alas, most of the unusual and rare vehicles are typically beaten to a pulp and have to be restored. I do have proper paperwork also to authenticate the car. My father had died at the time when I purchased the car and as soon as I found out it's historic value I removed it from the road to help protect it. That was when I purchased another SVT Cobra which turned out to be another Mystic (by accident). I am sorry gentlemen if you think my story is bizarre, but I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2013 right after I lost my job to two (2) illegals and ended up having to be placed on SSD. The Cancer was taken care of but they also found out that I have a rare blood disease (Jack 2) and I can no longer work do to the effects of this disease. I left my wife of 24 years in 2009 when I caught her cheating on me again for the second time and currently I am going thru a nasty divorce. I had a 14 year old son and when I left, she with my son were in my home and she retained most of the finances. I found a home where I am at now and used every dime I had plus help from friends and family to purchase it. I had to renovate the home and as I stated, when my father passed and left me some money, I found my Cobra and purchased her not knowing what it really was. I did start restoring it in my driveway but you should understand that storing and restoring a car outside in a dirt driveway is not a good thing. That is why I stuck my neck out even further and purchased an "Amish Garage" to place it into. And yes I had to take a mortgage out on my home up here. Believe me, I wish the divorce was over and my home down there were sold and I got my share, but any of you who went through a divorce will know what I am going thru. The Mustang Museum approached me about placing the car on display there in the Spring of 2019 and think the car is of Historic significance and with finances being tight with medical expenses, I was encouraged to place a go fund me page. Gentlemen; please forgive me if you think I was wrong for doing this, but please believe me it is humiliating and degrading to myself to have to ask for help in this matter. In the past, I raced Fords and had sponsors but in today's economy and the fact that it is a restoration and not a race car changes everything. All I am asking for is a little financial help to get me over the hump. I don't think that anybody should have to give up their passion because of a major hiccup in their life. I have always offered help to guys who raced Fords, even guys that were in my class! I am restoring this car for current and future Mustang Enthusiasts and yes I know that it is only a "Paint Job" that makes this car special, but then too it is an SVT which makes it really special! I shouldn't have to lose the car and selling it could doom the car since a lot of these (3 last year) were stripped for the engines/transmissions and then scrapped. I apologize for being long winded, but after reading your posts, felt you deserve a reply and explanation. I will overcome this slump in my life and I just hope that once I get back onto my feet, that I can once again help others. Thank You for time and understanding.

jmsa540

Established Member
Gentlemen: I am the owner of #1 and yes it is real, Mr. John Clor of SVT has authenticated it. Additionally, I do wish it were of low mileage and pristine, but alas, most of the unusual and rare vehicles are typically beaten to a pulp and have to be restored. I do have proper paperwork also to authenticate the car. My father had died at the time when I purchased the car and as soon as I found out it's historic value I removed it from the road to help protect it. That was when I purchased another SVT Cobra which turned out to be another Mystic (by accident). I am sorry gentlemen if you think my story is bizarre, but I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2013 right after I lost my job to two (2) illegals and ended up having to be placed on SSD. The Cancer was taken care of but they also found out that I have a rare blood disease (Jack 2) and I can no longer work do to the effects of this disease. I left my wife of 24 years in 2009 when I caught her cheating on me again for the second time and currently I am going thru a nasty divorce. I had a 14 year old son and when I left, she with my son were in my home and she retained most of the finances. I found a home where I am at now and used every dime I had plus help from friends and family to purchase it. I had to renovate the home and as I stated, when my father passed and left me some money, I found my Cobra and purchased her not knowing what it really was. I did start restoring it in my driveway but you should understand that storing and restoring a car outside in a dirt driveway is not a good thing. That is why I stuck my neck out even further and purchased an "Amish Garage" to place it into. And yes I had to take a mortgage out on my home up here. Believe me, I wish the divorce was over and my home down there were sold and I got my share, but any of you who went through a divorce will know what I am going thru. The Mustang Museum approached me about placing the car on display there in the Spring of 2019 and think the car is of Historic significance and with finances being tight with medical expenses, I was encouraged to place a go fund me page. Gentlemen; please forgive me if you think I was wrong for doing this, but please believe me it is humiliating and degrading to myself to have to ask for help in this matter. In the past, I raced Fords and had sponsors but in today's economy and the fact that it is a restoration and not a race car changes everything. All I am asking for is a little financial help to get me over the hump. I don't think that anybody should have to give up their passion because of a major hiccup in their life. I have always offered help to guys who raced Fords, even guys that were in my class! I am restoring this car for current and future Mustang Enthusiasts and yes I know that it is only a "Paint Job" that makes this car special, but then too it is an SVT which makes it really special! I shouldn't have to lose the car and selling it could doom the car since a lot of these (3 last year) were stripped for the engines/transmissions and then scrapped. I apologize for being long winded, but after reading your posts, felt you deserve a reply and explanation. I will overcome this slump in my life and I just hope that once I get back onto my feet, that I can once again help others. Thank You for time and understanding.
Is this going to be stored in the museum?

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread