NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Better grab the blu-ray before it's to late.

(HBO just pulled Gone with the Wind from its streaming catalog)

Excellent show with crazy actors and actresses. Everything back then just felt better. I could watch HBO, for the most part, and not be bombarded with political nonsense as frequently as today. I have it on tape from said network back in 1990 and the overall atmosphere is much more relaxed than today where people seem to be looking for problems.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You'd think that since they started of as moonshine runners during prohibition, theyd want to run road courses.

nascar has road course tracks on the circuit

i always loved this pic of chrysler's winged, super-speedway monsters wheeling it around riverside. this was also about the time i lost interest in the sport... as mentioned, when it really used to be "stock cars" - and manufacturers had to sell to the general public what was raced on the circuit

113_0311_01z-1970_nascar_race_cars-field_view.jpg

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

i always loved this pic of chrysler's winged, super-speedway monsters wheeling it around riverside. this was also about the time i lost interest in the sport... as mentioned, when it really used to be "stock cars" - and manufacturers had to sell to the general public what was raced on the circuit

View attachment 1645964

At Sonoma?

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Funny with the antisemitism from BLM going on they are a hate group:

LA Jews reeling after local institutions looted and burned in Floyd protests
Pull your head out of your ass and go look at the beginning of the thread on George Floyd. Everyone was appalled for the most part.

Nascar is private company and can do what they want. I dont give a shit about what they do but people are free to complain. Hell they apparently free to do just about anything given the last two weeks.

Stop acting like no one cares about a black man dying. Otherwise kiss my ass.

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
So I have a question for those who are saying this is private company and they can do what they want. How many tax dollars go to fund these tracks? Also the resources that go to security for the tracks by using local law enforcement which costs the tax payers. Wouldn’t this mean that we would all have a say in what’s going on?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member

View attachment 1645964

That pic is of the old Riverside Raceway in Riverside, Ca. Going though the esses into turn 6. Now a shopping mall. Used to live 1/4 mile from it.
\
And oh yeah, Screw NASCAR. Havent watched since the dopey chase thing.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't imagine having a life so pathetic that you actually care that nascar banned the rebel flag the south lost. Get over it.

Evidently spoken by a true yankee that has no understanding or appreciation of American History.
Good job being woke..

The pathetic nature is not understanding the entire ramifications along with the bogus virtue signaling started for one cranky and insecure individual. First off, I have seen many lefties telling others how to view a flag and that is wrong. Not everyone views it in the same negative connotation pushed by the left. Second, from what I gather the driver in question is just another token like that female chick from a few years back. In other words, he doesn't really perform when it comes to Nascar races and he is there for obvious reasons. I would say a flag is the least of his concerns based on his performance on the track unless what I have read about his performance in the big league is false. Finally, last but not least, all we are seeing is pandering towards a very small number of people and while it might look good with the climate of today, what happens tomorrow or the next day when people just don't care about this "movement" anymore? The large numbers of people alienated by a silly knee-jerk reaction? When I see a confederate flag I'm indifferent until I see people up these parts flaying it from their trucks then I think it is goofy. At a sporting event with its foundation in the south though? I'd find it odd if none were displayed.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

View attachment 1645964
I used to be huge Nascar fan about 20 years ago. Thats part of the problem. In 20 years they have added 1 new road course? Maybe two?

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Charlotte, Dover, Texas are all great Tracks to watch... but 6 fun oval tracks on a 30+ race schedule and only 2-3 road course events? It gets boring.

SCCA racing is so much more satisfying to watch as well as Le Mans series. Real cars, with real manufacturer technology, engines and Chassis'. More stock than NASCAR has been in a while. Im surprised they even went fuel injection if Im being honest.

They went from regional to Super huge nationwide back to regional. Add to it how sterile the drivers are now too. The Busch brothers and Harvick seem like the only guys with any fire from the last race i actually sat down to watch.

These race segments are stupid and are pretty much competition cautions. Im ok with the Chase... I just thought it was funny that when my guy Jimmie Johnson went on a tear with his 5x in a row Championships, they tried to change the rules every year.. and he still kept winning them lol.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Used to be a big Nascar fan back in the day when they were stock cars and there were real rivalries. What they have now is all about the sponsor and "good" tv and not so much about the competition. Do I still watch? yes but I won't go out of my way if I have something else on the go. It used to be fun to watch, now a lot of it is boring, way too many stupid rules, dumb chase system and stage racing is pretty silly IMHO. Nascar keeps trying to reinvent itself into something palatable to all, if they would go back to the format they had when the factories were involved they may be bale to rekindle some interest. These are just a bunch of the same cars with different stickers on them.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
So I have a question for those who are saying this is private company and they can do what they want. How many tax dollars go to fund these tracks? Also the resources that go to security for the tracks by using local law enforcement which costs the tax payers. Wouldn’t this mean that we would all have a say in what’s going on?

those are private details paid for by the track.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
those are private details paid for by the track.
I know they pay the officers an hourly rate but do they pay the town for the training that they have had and what about the use of the squad cars that sit idling for that whole time and some getting damaged. That is costing the tax payers not the track.

Users who are viewing this thread