need a new DD. cobalt ss or srt-4

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I totally get what you guys are saying about a civic.

Did you read a single post in this form? Or are you one of those guys that looks at the title, maybe skims half of two posts and decides he has the perfect answer. I left out the ? on the last sentence because it wasn't a question, but rather a statement were I'm inferring that you are an ass and contributed nothing to this thread. I digress

I do know that neither of these cars are the "best" idea for a DD as far as saving money (relative term). I want to save money over driving my cobra. That is all im looking for here.

Relative to the cobra or not you will be in no way, shape or form saving any money. With the additional fuel, insurance, tag and maintenance you will probably never recoup the cost of the second vehicle. The math doesn’t work. The difference in fuel cost between a vehicle that gets 28mpg and 18mpg is only $720 for an entire year. However, do as you wish, it is your money. You will need plenty of it when the gf and her family wises up and drags you in front of a judge for child support. :kaboom:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yes im having a kid. Ya i get the 4 door is better, but i think the kid will be in my GF speed3 most the time so it wont really matter. We can switch cars, plus she already said she wont drive an srt4 because the head lights look stupid lol.

I thought the same thing about a kid being in her car more than mine. But my gf's kid rides in my car more. Mostly because well...

I refuse to let my girlfriend drive unless I'm completely wasted. If I'm sober her driving scares the ever loving shit out of me. She drives a supercharged Grand Prix.. And well she apparently thinks supercharger means "OH MY GOD I HAVE A 1000 HORSEPOWER MONSTER!!!!!!!!!" so yeah

I daily a Mazda6s, and it's perfect. Great interior, handles great, 4 doors, 30+ mpg all that fun nonsense.

Last edited:

smitty2919

Established Member
That's not a man card issue. That's an insecurity issue.

You may want to talk to someone about ED......

It's funny because the SS and srt4 stock are probably faster than a stock 95 z28.

What's REALLY funny is the guy hasn't owned a fast car whatsoever.

LOL jackasses....I never claimed to be faster than a SS or SRT4...I know they are "faster" but since I don't measure my dick by the HP I make like a lot of Cobra owners do, it doesn't bother me. I accept that either of these cars will win in a street race or drag race but since I don't care to do either of those things I won't and don't get butt hurt if one beats me. At the end of the day I am glad I'm driving a Camaro vs a Cobalt or Neon. I would rather lose in a Camaro than win in a Neon.

smitty2919

Established Member
But LT1 camaros are ok? Usually people buy those after they come out of the closet.

AHAHAHAHA coming from the guy that has a screen name of "Camaro_94" thanks for the laugh today bud. It was a good one.

You say you can't make power out of a LT1 Camaro??

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
LOL jackasses....I never claimed to be faster than a SS or SRT4...I know they are "faster" but since I don't measure my dick by the HP I make like a lot of Cobra owners do, it doesn't bother me. I accept that either of these cars will win in a street race or drag race but since I don't care to do either of those things I won't and don't get butt hurt if one beats me. At the end of the day I am glad I'm driving a Camaro vs a Cobalt or Neon. I would rather lose in a Camaro than win in a Neon.

are you SURE it doesnt bother you?

are you sure?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Well I got it cut recently but it was about 8"

impressive_sir.jpg

71catruck

Established Member
Relative to the cobra or not you will be in no way, shape or form saving any money. With the additional fuel, insurance, tag and maintenance you will probably never recoup the cost of the second vehicle. The math doesn’t work. The difference in fuel cost between a vehicle that gets 28mpg and 18mpg is only $720 for an entire year. However, do as you wish, it is your money. You will need plenty of it when the gf and her family wises up and drags you in front of a judge for child support. :kaboom:
I don't see how you can even start to figure how much money I will save on gas in one year. You don't know how much i drive in a year , and on top of that you never gave the number you used to come up with $720. So let me help you out.

This is what you should of said.
If you drive X amount of miles a year you will only save $720 in gas. This amount of money is not sufficient enough to justify the purchase of another car in my eyes.

See that wasn't so hard was it? And once again i have stated multiple times that i want another car because it will be more reliable than my cobra. I DD the cobra for years and i just don't want to do it anymore. the car sucks in the rain!!

You must be such a great judge of character to even have the balls, or stupidity (I'm betting on the former, though it is easy to act so tough when your on the inter web) to imply what you did in that last sentence. Her family is ecstatic for the both of us and cant wait for her to have our baby. I feel its not hard to jump to the conclusion that you are projecting your own insecurities and deficiency onto me.

kaz109

Established Member
I think out of the 2 the srt would be the better choice but that is because I own and love mine..but thomas is right, neither is idea for "saving gas"....a mid 90's civic is the way to go

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
See that wasn't so hard was it? And once again i have stated multiple times that i want another car because it will be more reliable than my cobra. I DD the cobra for years and i just don't want to do it anymore. the car sucks in the rain!!

Which is it? Cause your OP clearly states that you want to "save money on gas." Your words, not mine. :read:

Also, i seriously doubt that a 10yr old dodge and a car responsible for a few deaths due to ignition switches are good choices when looking for something "reliable."

So found out a few weeks ago the the GF is knocked up. She has a 2010 speed3 so the kid will probably be in that most the time, but i need to start saving money on gas. I have driven a 04 srt-4 and it was a lot of fun, they seam to be more expensive than the SS though. Never driven a SS so just wondering if anyone has any experience with either. Leaning towards the SS because the GF hates the srt-4.

You must be such a great judge of character to even have the balls, or stupidity (I'm betting on the former, though it is easy to act so tough when your on the inter web) to imply what you did in that last sentence. Her family is ecstatic for the both of us and cant wait for her to have our baby. I feel its not hard to jump to the conclusion that you are projecting your own insecurities and deficiency onto me.

First off, you were the one who started with the insults. What i told you was 100% true. So not sure why you got your panties all wet about me telling you that neither of these vehicles made economic or practical sense. There were also other posters suggesting something more practical such as a focus or a civic but you ignored these as well. :sleeping:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
oh I wish you were around me. my bffs skittle. runs door to door with my hci c6z off the bottle. we have not ran each other on kill modes yet.

IMG951339_zpsdtg8eopa.jpg

Win. Front end of ****ing SRT4's look like they are angry all the time when you remove the grilles and have a fat fmic sticking out.

AAG

Established Member
but i need to start saving money on gas.

Any money you save on gas will be offset with the price to insure one of these pocket rockets. Buy a 4 door Civic (non-Si) and get 40 mpg hwy and a much cheaper insurance rate.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Win. Front end of ****ing SRT4's look like they are angry all the time when you remove the grilles and have a fat fmic sticking out.

yup they are bad ass fun toys with a big turbo. look angry with the right setup. this was years ago I had a 05 with a .50 trim. gave it to my brother. he went to a GTK500 turbo and made 520 on the stock motor with cams, fuel, ect. it suprised a LOT of people.

Picture017.gif

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Any money you save on gas will be offset with the price to insure one of these pocket rockets. Buy a 4 door Civic (non-Si) and get 40 mpg hwy and a much cheaper insurance rate.

Agreed.

yup they are bad ass fun toys with a big turbo. look angry with the right setup. this was years ago I had a 05 with a .50 trim. gave it to my brother. he went to a GTK500 turbo and made 520 on the stock motor with cams, fuel, ect. it suprised a LOT of people.

Picture017.gif

Yup, dont gotta tell me, I had 3 buddies with SRT4's, from S2 w/toys to AGP 50trims on e85. The latter made my cobra with numbers in sig look slow.

I constantly think about trading the fusion for one, id still keep 4dr's and gain power and a manual, drop build quality, comfort and mileage though. If I could find one at a dealer with under 40k on it, that was pristine and high single digits id do it. The ones my buddies had were dead nuts reliable even modded, they never had any bs issues other than the tps issue (fixed with extending the harness).

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Agreed.

Yup, dont gotta tell me, I had 3 buddies with SRT4's, from S2 w/toys to AGP 50trims on e85. The latter made my cobra with numbers in sig look slow.

I constantly think about trading the fusion for one, id still keep 4dr's and gain power and a manual, drop build quality, comfort and mileage though. If I could find one at a dealer with under 40k on it, that was pristine and high single digits id do it. The ones my buddies had were dead nuts reliable even modded, they never had any bs issues other than the tps issue (fixed with extending the harness).

im actually a little worried to run my buddies yellow one... we are literally dead even him on 25psi and me no bottle. kill mode will be very interesting. we have had this battle for 10 years. back when he was on a 50 trim I had a c5z. looong friendly battle and we go above and beyond to help eachother make the cars faster for eachtother lol

Users who are viewing this thread