NEED HELP PLEASE!

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Also just for historic purposes, the brick did fail
66900908654__9EF8E465-CC76-46BE-B38E-B425785F26A7.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Santiago

Established Member
Wow maybe the weather on the way too Texas that’s crazy I can imagine how you felt trying to figure the problem out

MG0h3

Established Member
Holy smokes!

So the cluster has lost comms with the PCM when the odometer is all dashes.

Can’t recall the fix. I’m sure someone will come in here with that.

I can’t believe these two problems occurred during shipping. Good lord

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If it was only barely below freezing it would take quite a while to actually freeze and if there’s any actual antifreeze it would take more than that.

Keep us updated

Agree.
FWIW: Inexpensive method to check freeze/boiling point of coolant. If the coolant is contaminated with other fluids, I'd doubt validity of test.

1647340091252.jpeg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Make sure the two plugs on the firewall are fully seated. IIRC they're not really connected until the bolts are tightened all the way.

I think I still have a spare intercooler if you want it. Though now would be the time for an upgrade if it's in the budget.

Stater212

Established Member
Not placing blame on either party but knowing how much that was listed for, don't know what you paid, I would be furious to say the least. At the price these cars are being listed at there should be zero issues. Granted could have been the shipping company/weather but either way I feel for you. Hope you get your issue resolved.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not placing blame on either party but knowing how much that was listed for, don't know what you paid, I would be furious to say the least. Hope you get your issue resolved.
but at the same time, there's video of the car running just fine 1/10 of a mile before OP got it. Could just be terrible timing for a failure but hard to say until OP gets to the root cause.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Make sure the two plugs on the firewall are fully seated. IIRC they're not really connected until the bolts are tightened all the way.

I think I still have a spare intercooler if you want it. Though now would be the time for an upgrade if it's in the budget.

Can you text me about Intercooler 7134306209

Stater212

Established Member
but at the same time, there's video of the car running just fine 1/10 of a mile before OP got it. Could just be terrible timing for a failure but hard to say until OP gets to the root cause.
I agree 100% and def not saying the seller is the cause. Could very well be poor luck. I just sympathize with the situation is all. After spending that kind of money.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That damn ethanol does it again….stuff is junk! Got in there and cracked that intercooler! Phase separated! Wait….wut?!

It boggles the mind why anyone would push their luck running straight water in the IC? Why? Is it really lowering IAT2 even a degree? And to top it off, this is an E85 car that’s already laughing at IAT2 temps regardless. Every winter there’s a thread on here with a cracked intercooler. This is the first time it’s happened on a transport journey.

Good luck Notsatisfied…I really hope nothing is seriously damaged internally and you get to drive that beast soon.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
So now my problem is the odometer is just " ---------" (dashes).

I did pull the 20A mini fuse by the battery to cut the fuel pumps and unplugged the (2) main harness connections on the passenger side firewall. I don't recall the order but i may have plugged those in while the battery was connected. Anyways, the car will crank but thats it. The OBD connector wont let my SCT or scan gauge access the PCM. I dont hear the fans, pumps, nothing.

I checked fuses. The battery all good. I know there is a CCRM but its not buzzing etc. I removed this old ass Audiovox alarm (connected with T-Taps, etc). Thats gone. Maybe thats the problem? Honestly the only thing I did was reconnect the red/blue stripe wire back together.

Now what. I have disconnected the battery for hours, to allow the PCM to reset but no dice.

------- on the odo, along with no fans or pumps, is the ccrm/pcm ground connection under/near the battery. it is very easy do not fully connect the two halves. but, the ccrm should be buzzing/clicking or making some noise.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My car was popping CCRM fuses because the noise suppressor on the backside of the head are live power and were shorting out against the head. Was popping the fuse instantly with key on. Check to make sure they are plugged in and not touching metal.

Definitely check the connections, make sure no pins are bent or anything. Make sure the 10mm bolt in the connection is tight too.

Sorry for the bad luck. At least your familiar with the car now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just browsed through this whole thread. I'm echoing what @c6zhombre said. I'm not going to lay any real blame on the seller, but.....100% water? Was the buyer told this? Some might now think it would be important, but it really is, especially if the buyer is expecting a proper mix. Imagine if someone in Minnesota bought this car back in January and parked it in their unheated garage. There are inherent risks when 100% water is used, especially if the car is going to see below freezing temps. If the transport spent the night in an area where the temps were below freezing, there is the possibility that that's when the intercooler burst. You'll probably never know for sure.

@NotSatisfied, I'm really glad you're now at least making good progress. When I watched that short video with you at the end walking over to the front fender and wiping it, I REALLY felt your pain at the point. That's a good looking Cobra. SO sorry you had to go through all that you've gone through in trying to troubleshoot the issue. But your determination and help from the "boys" here got you to a higher place. I hope now it will be relatively easy to replace the intercooler, maybe run a few more tests, and then fire it up!

NotSatisfied

Established Member
------- on the odo, along with no fans or pumps, is the ccrm/pcm ground connection under/near the battery. it is very easy do not fully connect the two halves. but, the ccrm should be buzzing/clicking or making some noise.

I don’t hear any buzzing, are you suggesting to check the ground?

NotSatisfied

Established Member
My car was popping CCRM fuses because the noise suppressor on the backside of the head are live power and were shorting out against the head. Was popping the fuse instantly with key on. Check to make sure they are plugged in and not touching metal.

Definitely check the connections, make sure no pins are bent or anything. Make sure the 10mm bolt in the connection is tight too.

Sorry for the bad luck. At least your familiar with the car now.

Where is the fuse for the CCRM?

Users who are viewing this thread