Need help tracking down former tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I had to evict a tennant from a rental house back in '02. Woman skipped out of town when her boyfriend got parolled. The BF moved in and set up residence without my knowledge. Took me almost 30 days to get him out of there. (Alachua cty, FL)

They did about $10,000 worth of damage plus 4 months lost rent while I got it back together.

FWIW, I just decided it was not worth my time chasing these loosers down for money owed. I do wish I could have gotten a judgment against them just for personal satisfaction and to do further damage to their credit.

Property management is not for kind hearted souls!! You pretty much have to be tough or you WILL get screwed. Even a previous rental to my sister in-law cost me a bundle in repairs that I could not recoup.

One of my favorite quotes from Neil Boortz:
Rentors "...Will turn you house into a slum, and then call you a slum lord!"

YJSONLY

Established Member
I had to evict a tennant from a rental house back in '02. Woman skipped out of town when her boyfriend got parolled. The BF moved in and set up residence without my knowledge. Took me almost 30 days to get him out of there. (Alachua cty, FL)

They did about $10,000 worth of damage plus 4 months lost rent while I got it back together.

FWIW, I just decided it was not worth my time chasing these loosers down for money owed. I do wish I could have gotten a judgment against them just for personal satisfaction and to do further damage to their credit.

Property management is not for kind hearted souls!! You pretty much have to be tough or you WILL get screwed. Even a previous rental to my sister in-law cost me a bundle in repairs that I could not recoup.

Half your problem is dealing with the liberal alachua county!!!!

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
A little off topic but I would like to share.

My parents rent their old house out on section 8. The money is directly deposited into their account and the tenant pays whatever their portion may be. Some people may be scared to rent to section 8, but it is guaranteed money. If they do not pay, or tear your shit up then they get kicked off section 8.

Who would give up free rent? Lol! They have had pretty good luck with it so far.

OP, I hope everything works out in your favor though. Good luck!

97ReoCobra

Established Member
What a frustrating nightmare. You have to file against her. Most likely you will never see a cent, but just in case she wins the lottery or something you want to be on the list.

Monster Mach

Established Member
A little off topic but I would like to share.

My parents rent their old house out on section 8. The money is directly deposited into their account and the tenant pays whatever their portion may be. Some people may be scared to rent to section 8, but it is guaranteed money. If they do not pay, or tear your shit up then they get kicked off section 8.

Who would give up free rent? Lol! They have had pretty good luck with it so far.

OP, I hope everything works out in your favor though. Good luck!

We do section 8 on 4 of our properties only hassle is the inspections and u must fix every damn fixture that the tenants break

Monster Mach

Established Member
Did you have any luck getting an address?

She hasn't been to work. ( the girl not my aunt) but she does live in oxford it isn't her aunts house it's a friend of the family that she calls her aunt. But someone on this forum tipped her off to the link because my aunt knows about this page and iv never mentioned it to hdr

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member

I live in Alachua County as well. Luckily I was able to convince my tenant that it was in his best interest to leave immediately when I saw the condition of my house (I lost my temper and flipped out on him and he had all his stuff out within the day, thank God he wasn't smart enough to know he could stay until I evicted him). I changed the locks and put some extra security measures in too which cost me a bit of $. Florida is one of the worst states to rent in, all of the laws are set up in the tenant's favor.

Half your problem is dealing with the liberal alachua county!!!!

You're not kidding. I hate living here sometimes, especially Gainesville itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread