Need Help!!(why is my dyno number not higher with this ported blower)

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Man, this is really a shame. I was in love after getting my ported blower. I want everyone to feel that way... LOL. Wish you luck figuring it out pal.

maxx0ne

Established Member
I am not sure if this was done, but your I/C pump is working right?

Just got a check engine light i plugged in my tuner and i had 2 codes one saying air cooler pump, o2 sensor stuck lean. So pump might be going out. One thing after another. Im taking the car to horsepower solutions tomorrow to see what they come up with the blower.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Can you visually see the intercooler fluid moving inside its tank with the car running?

shb5007

Established Member
I wouldn't keep taking your car to different shops...you are just losing money...

Brent knows more about tuning than anyone at HP Solutions.

maxx0ne

Established Member
I wouldn't keep taking your car to different shops...you are just losing money...

Brent knows more about tuning than anyone at HP Solutions.

Not bashing Brent or the crew at DTP they are good people but they couldn't come up with anything else thats wrong with the car. Brent is thinking its the blower. Im not hurting anything if i get different opinions on what is going on. Trust me i got all the suggestions i can from DTP.

shb5007

Established Member
I realize that...but people on here keep giving you tips...and you keep taking your car to shops and spending money.

It is your choice though...

maxx0ne

Established Member
I realize that...but people on here keep giving you tips...and you keep taking your car to shops and spending money.

It is your choice though...

This is the first new shop i go to I do the majority of the work myself and if i can't then ill take it DTP. I appreciate your concern tho. Thanx

Blueline

Established Member
I breezed over the last few pages, but I just thought of something. If you look between the lower manifold and the heads, does the gap look even all the way around? Then chekc the gasket between the blower and the intake manifold. Just trying to make sure you dont have a leak where you may be loosing boost.

maxx0ne

Established Member
I breezed over the last few pages, but I just thought of something. If you look between the lower manifold and the heads, does the gap look even all the way around? Then chekc the gasket between the blower and the intake manifold. Just trying to make sure you dont have a leak where you may be loosing boost.

Ill check. Thanx

mustang john

Established Member
Just read thru the thread, all you talk about are dyno numbers. Have you DRIVEN the car and checked the seat-o-pants meter? Mine was a night and day difference before and after the port.

Just dynoed mine saturday and only made 480rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, you'd never know it by the 1/4 mile numbers it produces.

maxx0ne

Established Member
Just read thru the thread, all you talk about are dyno numbers. Have you DRIVEN the car and checked the seat-o-pants meter? Mine was a night and day difference before and after the port.

Just dynoed mine saturday and only made 480rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, you'd never know it by the 1/4 mile numbers it produces.

Thats pretty much why people go to the dyno for (to get the numbers) especially when i paid money to gain more than 5 rwhp over my stock blower. Why don't you buy a twin screw and tell me you will be happy with a gain of 5 rwhp after you spent the money. The car pulls harder but not as hard as people make it seem with a ported blower. The numbers don't lie

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Thats pretty much why people go to the dyno for (to get the numbers) especially when i paid money to gain more than 5 rwhp over my stock blower. Why don't you buy a twin screw and tell me you will be happy with a gain of 5 rwhp after you spent the money. The car pulls harder but not as hard as people make it seem with a ported blower. The numbers don't lie

Actually dyno numbers lie all the time. The truth is in the track numbers before and after a mod.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread