Need ideas for a vaction with my brother

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Over Thanksgiving my brother and I have made a pact to take an annual trip every year. There are really no ground rules for the trip, we told ourselves that we'd like to keep it to around ~$2,000 all in. Preferably stay in North America, but have considered Amsterdam, Iceland, etc.

Any thoughts or input on where to go and what to do that would be a fun "bonding" type of trip? I am a recovering alcoholic so the trips to New Orleans, Vegas, etc are in my rear view and we'd prefer to not go to places with tourism based around "partying". Yes, I realize Amsterdam is full of temptation, but marijuana is legal there, so that's a bonus to us. We have decided to try to take the trip in January or February of every year, as that is the part of the calendar that is most flexible for each of our schedules.

beeradd

Established Member
How about Colorado?
Plenty of cool things to do out there and pot is legal and available in the Denver area.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Cuba! be some of the first to go there (legally) as American tourists. should still be cheap too.

Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica. id look at all inclusive resorts. friend took his family to DR at a nice resort for $2k per person iirc. for a week. said it was amazing.

$2k including airfare? if so, forget Europe unless you want to go for a weekend lol.

nxhappy

Established Member
a cruise for sure. about $800 for a full week, plus airfare (might be $600)

coposrv

Established Member
My friends and I do this every year we all golf a lot so we pick a. Destination and take 3-5 days. What do you and your brother have in common? Base it around that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Someplace to bond? I'd recommend a lot of hiking/backpacking. You could hit the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Appalachian Trail, Mt. St. Helens, the Low Country in South Carolina, Skyline Drive in western Virginia, etc.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Red light district place is bomb, but money goes a long way in the islands like dominican republic, I plan to go next year.

Zemedici

Established Member
If you are a recovering alcoholic do not go on a cruise, nothing to do but gamble and drink. Was bored by the 2nd day of my 8 day cruise as I do neither very often.

I'd say check out Amsterdam, South Beach of Miami (lots of art, tattoo shops, architecture, tech stuff) or Venice Beach California. What about Hawaii?

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Over Thanksgiving my brother and I have made a pact to take an annual trip every year. There are really no ground rules for the trip, we told ourselves that we'd like to keep it to around ~$2,000 all in. Preferably stay in North America, but have considered Amsterdam, Iceland, etc.

Any thoughts or input on where to go and what to do that would be a fun "bonding" type of trip? I am a recovering alcoholic so the trips to New Orleans, Vegas, etc are in my rear view and we'd prefer to not go to places with tourism based around "partying". Yes, I realize Amsterdam is full of temptation, but marijuana is legal there, so that's a bonus to us. We have decided to try to take the trip in January or February of every year, as that is the part of the calendar that is most flexible for each of our schedules.
A racing school? Wouldn't hurt to improve. I found some that were close to $2k when I was looking (including R&B)

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Find a good dropzone that has bunks (skydive San Marcos is one), spend a week getting your A License. Keep your currency and every year travel to a different dz. Seriously you will meet some amazing people of all walks of life.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Go to Moab, Utah? Right between Arches and Canyonlands national parks. Theres a ton of hiking, mountain biking, water/plan tours, some great drives, and places there rent you Wranglers for off roading, complete with maps and all of trails.

svtrookie

Established Member
My wife and I are looking to check out this place in Costa Rica called witch rock surf camp. Might be a fun experience if you guys are active. Reviews all seen positive if you ever wanted to learn how to surf.

Users who are viewing this thread