Need Yalls Input...

blownSVT03

I know it's LOUD!
Established Member
I have a 2004 SRT-10 Viper Truck that I traded for my 2003 Cobra, well needless to say I miss the car. I have a guy that wants to trade me the Cobra clone in this video. It has a 351 stroked to a 393 with an 80mm turbo and all the supporting mods. I was just wondering what yall think about the situation. My truck is very reliable and I need a vehicle that will be reliable. Any input is appreciated, thanks guys:rockon:.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJpBvg6DKs"]YouTube - MUSTANG COBRA 393 STROKER TURBO[/ame]

TClark22

Established Member
i dunno does a 393 with an 80mm turbo sound reliable to you? lol

but i would DD the shit out of it!!

btw driver in that vid is a dumbass...thats how wrecks happen!

Last edited:

Mr SVT

^^ Needs boost
Established Member
Check the carfax, dumbest driver ever. And being that the viper truck gets 9 miles to the gallon...id get the cobra and buy a cheap ass civic or something..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you were looking for a nice looking Mustang to race at the track I'd say go for this fake Cobra if it's indeed a reliable car with a clean history. But for a daily driver you might want something a bit more radical. If it were me, I'd be looking to trade for a low mileage Terminator. JMO though. What kind of gas mileage do you get with the truck?

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Seems like a nicely done car and love the turbo whistle..but when all is said and done it is a V6 mustang when the title is signed (or a future trade is considered). Personally I can't respect a fake car (several in my car club).

Rebuilt title on your truck to me sounds nearly the same as a V6 titled car with a V8 motor. Should be cheaper to insure though.

I go with the others that said no, be patient and find a good used true cobra. Resale value on a Chrysler vehicle sucked to begin with, prob much worse in today's economy. I think I would get on the Viper boards (or truck boards) and see if you can find a buyer.

Last edited:

blownSVT03

I know it's LOUD!
Established Member
I mean, I've had a Cobra and wanted something with a turbo. This way there is no cash involved. I'm a college student and don't have that much money to add on top of selling the truck so I would only be able to get a stockish Cobra.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
It looks like a nicely done car. I can only imagine the unbelieveable amount of money it took to do all that to that car. As for reliable I doubt that thing would be reliable enough as a DD. fake or not im sure you could hurt some feelings in it. BTW IMHO that 393 would sounds nastier with a blower on it.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
MAN DO IT.............drive it and enjoy it..who cares if it's not a reeeal cobra..you only live once....i don't know if you are like me but i'm not worried about tha value of something when it comes time to trade it in. as long as it makes you happy..

Users who are viewing this thread