Netflix raises prices once again!

ViciousJay

Established Member
this is why I cancelled it over a year ago.

We only use Vudu now. Good selection + HD + 5.1 surround = win

When Vudu wants to compete against netflix and offer a monthly fee for unlimited movies then they will have my business... until then no thanks, that 2 dollar a movie crap would add up fast with me

ViciousJay

Established Member
The problem with torrents is movie companies actively look for downloaders. Since Usenet is decentralized, there is no way to know who is downloading what. You should probably change services. I've been with easynews since 13 years. I'm always able to max out my pipe through their service, plus their web based search/download utility is hard to beat.

Don't seed and delete the torrent the second it finishes, problem solved

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Don't seed and delete the torrent the second it finishes, problem solved

Or make sure that your torrent client, like uTorrent, has the capability to encrypt your downloads and what you seed. I also have a program that does not let any requested info go OUT from my computer without my permission.

Planter

Banned
The problem with torrents is movie companies actively look for downloaders. Since Usenet is decentralized, there is no way to know who is downloading what. You should probably change services. I've been with easynews since 13 years. I'm always able to max out my pipe through their service, plus their web based search/download utility is hard to beat.

shits about to get a lot tougher. ISP's are now cooperating with movie and music companies to identify and deter illegal downloading.

you get 6 alerts, they slow your bandwidth down, if you still continue, they shut you down.

AT&T, Verizon, Comcast Fight against Online Piracy | Telecom Monthly - Telecom News, VoIP, SIP Trunking, Mobile, IP Telephony, SIP Phone, VoIP Softswitch

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
Or make sure that your torrent client, like uTorrent, has the capability to encrypt your downloads and what you seed. I also have a program that does not let any requested info go OUT from my computer without my permission.

care to share the name of the program?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

How much is it monthly?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I find it surprising when people get uptight about a company raising their prices? Unless you signed into a contract stating your rate is locked in, then... suck it up, it's business.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't really mind. I find a lot of different things that I like to watch from the streaming alone. We only get 1 or maybe 2 DVDs a month.

Steve@CJPP

Netflix BS

So you feel threaten and your idea is to jack up our prices?? REALLY? :nonono: :fm:

think it's just time to cancel.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

This.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
There's alot of good info and alternatives suggested in this thread. I might look into usenet. As far as ISPs starting to "filter" what's downloaded is complete BS but it was bound to happen. The ISPs probably feel scared of a lawsuit from the movie industry if they don't side with them on filtering illegally downloaded media. It is understandable in their shoes but seems a bit wrong since WE are paying for the Internet service. Go after the bigger guys Hollywood.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
You're still in the swarm. That's all that matters.

$10 for 10gb.

ok then turn off remote dekstop functions on your machine and open the wifi then, if they catch you you can say my wifi is open and i have no control over who and what people download, many cases are getting dropped because of this.

also i have a question when using easynews how do you go to a website when your logging into their private system? How can i grab a torrent from a certain site (demonoid for exsample)

16kOrBust

Established Member
I am currently on the 1 DVD and unlimited streaming plan for $9.99. I used the streaming all the time at my old house and my brother used the DVDs, but we both just moved out of the house we were renting into separate places, so I was already considering canceling altogether. I don't use the DVDs and I now have the top level cable package, DVR and on demand with my cable company, so even the streaming isn't getting much use. It was a nice novelty to have on my iPhone when waiting or on long trips in the car, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it really was a novelty and just didn't get much use. This price hike is just one more reason to drop the service altogether.

If I was locked into my current price plan and dropping it would cause me to have to pay a higher price down the road if I decided to sign back up, then that would make me reconsider and pay closer attention to see how much I really use it. But since that's not the case, there's no benefit to staying, and a 60% increase on top of the other increase I saw less than a year ago is just unreasonable. I've already deleted all of the items in my queue and as soon as I have confirmation that this last DVD has been received by them, I'll be cancelling the subscription altogether. I don't want them to come at me after I cancel saying they never received the DVD and try to charge me money for it. I could totally see that happening.

EDIT: My TV package through my cable company also includes HBO, so that gets me HBO GO (basically, any HBO shows/series streaming in HD to my computer, iPhone, etc). This is more than enough to get me by in those few times I would normally use Netflix streaming on my phone or another computer.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
$10 for 10gb.

You should check out UseNext as well. I pay about 12 bucks for 30GB/mo and they stack if you don't use all of them. I've been slacking lately and I have about 75GB available, as you can see in the screenshot I put up. Not to mention you can switch to "Free Mode" if you run out. It's a lot slower and the selection is not as extensive, but at least you still have something.

Users who are viewing this thread