New '13 GT500 pics? do you like the new exhaust set-up?

2Sharpie

Established Member
Sorry if it's a repost........but found this over at FORDGT500.com. Are they really going to do some drastic changes just for 1 model year before the all-new car comes out?

http://www.sema.org/...500-convertible

13gt500.png

13gt5001.png

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I've always liked the dual tip exhaust. It would look good with dual tip or single tip IMO. What I don't like is massive odd shaped tips like the challenger tips or the rectangle tips people put on old camaros. Aslo the dual tip will make it standout more as a Shelby than as a regular mustang.

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member
The quad tips make me wonder....could this be some sort of dual-mode exhaust (like GM uses on the vette) or perhaps the same sort of auditory-tricks they do with the extra side exhaust on the Boss, only it goes out the back instead?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Eric, you've asked some very insightful questions, each worthy of consideration. Either way, I think you're on to something.

As to the OP's original question "do you like the new exhaust set-up?" I'll answer with a resounding no. I'm hoping Ford goes bare bones and continues with its weight reduction plan. That means cutting fat and not adding it - even if the twin pipe assembly weight increase is minimal. At this point, I want to see less weight and more bang for the buck.

The only sacrifice I'd be willing to allow in the weight gain department would be a larger wheel and tire combination that, at a minimum, matches that of the upcoming ZL1. I'm really sick of the horsepower talk and would hope Ford can offer more tire as well as multiple mode traction management (again, similar to the ZL1).

A high strength, lightweight and vibration free, aluminum driveshaft is far more important to me than the look of the tailpipes. Get your shit together Ford and make this car even better.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I don't mind it, just like everything else people will get used to it. When the body style changed in 05 I hated it, now I love the way newer Stangs look.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Would take some time to use to but when you see the rest of the car.....it just might look good!

Users who are viewing this thread