New Air Setup in Garage

greenflash00

Established Member
Couple months ago I was stretching out the hose to pump up a tire, got bound up and pulled over my compressor. It broke the regulator and shattered all of the gauges so I decided to upgrade my hose system.

50 ft swivel retractable reel mounted to the wall. Shouldn't have any more compressor casualties now. :beer:

6194C0F1-2937-43E2-9E56-C5AAACD2894A-12598-000013862BBD53F7_zpsb4867839.jpg

192B13B9-A3AC-4488-AD2B-BE545457D5D8-12598-000013864E6F74A5_zps9d990d96.jpg

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Mine doesn't swivel, but my hose reels were some of the best investments I made in my shop.

Nice looking garage!

Last edited:

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
That's is a nice setup, I like the retractable reel makes it less messy. How does that compressor hold up to the demand of the air tools?

greenflash00

Established Member
That's is a nice setup, I like the retractable reel makes it less messy. How does that compressor hold up to the demand of the air tools?

Ive had no problems at all using air tools with it. I would suspect something like a sprayer would be more demanding of a constant flow but its been great for the impact and ratchets.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive had no problems at all using air tools with it. I would suspect something like a sprayer would be more demanding of a constant flow but its been great for the impact and ratchets.

I need to get this setup in my garage ASAP, so I can start doing some work on my vehicles.

greenflash00

Established Member
Sweet I will be ordering one of these!

If any of you guys do order one FYI the end of the hoses on the inlet and outlet are just threaded. You'll need to pick up a female quick connect nipple fitting to hook it into the compressor and a female quick connect coupler for the outlet end for the air tools.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I run industrial hose reals but mount mine to the ceiling with PVC two air water seperators with a drop leg and a refrigerated air dryer and automatic water purge. When porting it helps a ton and keeps moisture out of the lines and increases tool life! OP garage looks clean and well setup.
I also drilled 3 concrete red head anchor studs in the floor then set the compressor on big block Chevy valve springs then bolted down with washers to keep vibration off the floor. So I can joke with the local gear heads and tell them even my air compressor runs .500" of lift! ;-)
And regular PVC pipe is rated at 600 psi I believe. More then I'll ever need. Running 125 but regulated to 90psi.

Last edited:

greenflash00

Established Member
I run industrial hose reals but mount mine to the ceiling with PVC two air water seperators with a drop leg and a refrigerated air dryer and automatic water purge. When porting it helps a ton and keeps moisture out of the lines and increases tool life! OP garage looks clean and well setup.
I also drilled 3 concrete red head anchor studs in the floor then set the compressor on big block Chevy valve springs then bolted down with washers to keep vibration off the floor. So I can joke with the local gear heads and tell them even my air compressor runs .500" of lift! ;-)
And regular PVC pipe is rated at 600 psi I believe. More then I'll ever need. Running 125 but regulated to 90psi.

:rockon::rockon::bowdown: Sounds like the perfect setup!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice setup you have. Probably every one of us would love to have that. Or your garage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread