New Cobra Jet is a TWIN TURBO?!?!

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
It looks like a much better thought out and designed kit that any of the aftermarket kits, if you ask me.

It undoubtably has more thought in it than the aftermarket solutions, that is the nature of something coming from an OE. They have budgets and resources the aftermarket normally doesn't. I guess my question is, who is willing to pay the FRPP mark up? And what will this offer you for that premium over what CPR, Lund, JPC are doing? I would assume this will not be like the blower packages which offer a warranty option and the major reason one would go with those FRPP kits.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
It undoubtably has more thought in it than the aftermarket solutions, that is the nature of something coming from an OE. They have budgets and resources the aftermarket normally doesn't. I guess my question is, who is willing to pay the FRPP mark up? And what will this offer you for that premium over what CPR, Lund, JPC are doing? I would assume this will not be like the blower packages which offer a warranty option and the major reason one would go with those FRPP kits.

I would be willing to pay the markup if it were a system that was easy to install and did not absord 3-4k of install dollars at a shop. A well functioning twin turbo setup that is able to be driven daily is a dream of mine for my 2012.

Mike

D.T.R

Established Member

You left ON3 out
coolface.gif

D.T.R

Established Member

I'm not sure if that turbo kit will fit a car with full amenities ... meaning p/s, a/c etc... would it fit?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I would be willing to pay the markup if it were a system that was easy to install and did not absord 3-4k of install dollars at a shop. A well functioning twin turbo setup that is able to be driven daily is a dream of mine for my 2012.

Mike

Well then there is one answer to that question, and exactly what I thought, people that don't do their own work. That wouldn't be a concern for me. I wouldn't be paying a shop to install any of them, it's nothing too difficult. Hell, the guy just did the Hellion twin setup in his garage on jackstands. No need to pay thousands to someone else unless you have two left hands or no mechanical aptitude.
You left ON3 out
coolface.gif

I'm not even going to touch that.:D

I'm not sure if that turbo kit will fit a car with full amenities ... meaning p/s, a/c etc... would it fit?

That was mentioned earlier, and I don't know. I'm sure things will be much more complicated when attempting to install on a street car. Not really a concern for me though. This thing will never be a stripped/dedicated track car.

D.T.R

Established Member
Well then there is one answer to that question, and exactly what I thought, people that don't do their own work. That wouldn't be a concern for me. I wouldn't be paying a shop to install any of them, it's nothing too difficult. Hell, the guy just did the Hellion twin setup in his garage on jackstands. No need to pay thousands to someone else unless you have two left hands or no mechanical aptitude.

^ Amen to that

I'm not even going to touch that.:D

:lol1:

That was mentioned earlier, and I don't know. I'm sure things will be much more complicated when attempting to install on a street car. Not really a concern for me though. This thing will never be a stripped/dedicated track car.

^ Yeah i highly doubt that there is room to accommodate that twin turbo kit on a regular 5.0 without deleting stuff. Not only that, those turbos are nice and all, but I'd want more power than they can supply... from the get go... so there would be no point for me to go with that setup...

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Never noticed. Makes me wonder why regular production cars don't get them

Because race car. Sorry, been waiting all week to say that, thanks for the chance.

Reading about this sportsman block got me thinking, so I called ford racing this morning and they said it may be available in a year-ish. Interesting tidbit, the guy on the phone said they recommend sleeving the standard block over 850HP. So I called Livernois and sure enough, they can do 'em.

Options...

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Because race car. Sorry, been waiting all week to say that, thanks for the chance.

Reading about this sportsman block got me thinking, so I called ford racing this morning and they said it may be available in a year-ish. Interesting tidbit, the guy on the phone said they recommend sleeving the standard block over 850HP. So I called Livernois and sure enough, they can do 'em.

Options...

lol no problem man

Oh noez, i think I open a can of worms :lol1:

lol the kit I've experienced installing was of great quality for a measly $1500. He already has a better turbo in the works so the one that came with it wont be used forever.

D.T.R

Established Member
lol no problem man

lol the kit I've experienced installing was of great quality for a measly $1500. He already has a better turbo in the works so the one that came with it wont be used forever.

Let's keep it on topic, or a certain someone gets mad lol

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Lets keep this on track. On3 issues can stay in his thread, that has seemed to died.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'm out at SEMA right now and saw it in person. Very nice set up!

Hung out with Jamal as well. Very cool guy.

Teej281

Established Member
To the guy on page one who said this car will be running 6.5-7psi...they were talking power/weight ratio not boost. They're talking about this car running in a class that has a 6.5-7lbs per horsepower PWR.

That point aside, this is sick and I can't wait to see this thing tear up the track!

Users who are viewing this thread