New Cobra Owner from Colorado

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
If all you have it 91 I'd defintely go E85. You're going to have to buy injectors and pumps anyway with the Whipple, so you won't be spending any much more money. You could easily pick up 100-125rwhp over 91 octane with the Whipple. For roadtrips you can just simply write another tune for pump gas and load it up (or use a switch chip) when necessary.

Very true, I am used to the Evo side where if you run E85 it takes MASSIVE amounts of fuel and huge injector then injectors are a huge problem trying to get the car to idle right or tuned on low boost. If it's not bad on the cobra I will look further into it! I am guess dual pumps, upgraded line and a fpr?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Very true, I am used to the Evo side where if you run E85 it takes MASSIVE amounts of fuel and huge injector then injectors are a huge problem trying to get the car to idle right or tuned on low boost. If it's not bad on the cobra I will look further into it! I am guess dual pumps, upgraded line and a fpr?

Well the extra demand for fuel is still there, about 30% more. Common injector upgrade is 60's with a TS blower, 80's would be enough for you're proposed mods on E85. Upgraded pumps, BAP, and lines would be the basics for the fuel system and you would need the pumps anyway with the Whipple. You could run 21-23psi instead of 16psi, and have 680-720rwhp instead of 560-580rwhp. The guys that have converted have loved it, I'm doing it on my Eaton/spray car.

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
If all you have it 91 I'd defintely go E85. You're going to have to buy injectors and pumps anyway with the Whipple, so you won't be spending any much more money. You could easily pick up 100-125rwhp over 91 octane with the Whipple. For roadtrips you can just simply write another tune for pump gas and load it up (or use a switch chip) when necessary.

Yeah for sure! Not sure 700+ whp is going to last on the stock block but it's worth looking into. Thanks again for the info! :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hi John, welcome to SVTP! Hope you spend some quality time here. Great bunch of folks.

Nice looking Cobra. Sonic Blue is a great color. I see it's mildly modded. Any major mods planned for it? Nice EVO by the way!

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Hi John, welcome to SVTP! Hope you spend some quality time here. Great bunch of folks.

Nice looking Cobra. Sonic Blue is a great color. I see it's mildly modded. Any major mods planned for it? Nice EVO by the way!

Thanks Bob!

I haven't really decided on my plans for mods yet. I have been looking into a Kenne Bell or Whipple setup. Just going to take my time to decide which would be most efficient and reliable and of course do my research on supporting mods IE: Fuel, Drivetrain etc....

So far I am leaning towards a Kenne Bell but I need to get a better understanding on how a supercharger works and pro's and con's of certain setups. I need to figure out if a Mammoth would suit my needs or if there really is a such thing as overkill on superchargers or if it's nice to have the headroom for more power if I want it.

I am very familiar with turbo setups but of course I wont be leaning towards that with this car.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just so you know, the stock pumps are good for quite a bit oh power w/ a BAP, wire upgrade, and PPRV delete.
If you want the bottom to last a long time, the lower PSI and 91 octane tunes probably won't be asking for more than a BAP stock pumpS set up can deliver.

Over 600rwhp I believe is where the duty cycle becomes a problem on BAP boosted stock pumps, not sure.
Data logging with the SCT Xcal and a lap top + a nice wide band will keep you out of trouble as you crank up boost.

As wild as that EVO must be, I think you will really enjoy the Terminator, they are really quite civilized and the down low monster torque band just makes them SOOO FUN TO DRIVE!
That's why you see so many guys putting a lot of miles on them.

It is very difficult to walk past it and drive something else, not so much compared to your EVO, but you'll see.;-)

BTW: IRS + Delrin bushings + bye bye wheel hop.:thumbsup:

ditchsnake

Established Member
Nice cobra john

Nice to see another cobra owner in colorado. Are not too many. Hi I'm Gene and live in Denver. Scott at PP performance is a good local tuner. There is another cobra owner near you in longmont named matt. A great guy. He is also tuned by scott. He is running a ported eaton spray cobra. If you need some more info let me know. Congrats

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Just so you know, the stock pumps are good for quite a bit oh power w/ a BAP, wire upgrade, and PPRV delete.
If you want the bottom to last a long time, the lower PSI and 91 octane tunes probably won't be asking for more than a BAP stock pumpS set up can deliver.

Over 600rwhp I believe is where the duty cycle becomes a problem on BAP boosted stock pumps, not sure.
Data logging with the SCT Xcal and a lap top + a nice wide band will keep you out of trouble as you crank up boost.

As wild as that EVO must be, I think you will really enjoy the Terminator, they are really quite civilized and the down low monster torque band just makes them SOOO FUN TO DRIVE!
That's why you see so many guys putting a lot of miles on them.

It is very difficult to walk past it and drive something else, not so much compared to your EVO, but you'll see.;-)

BTW: IRS + Delrin bushings + bye bye wheel hop.:thumbsup:

Awesome info!!!! Thank you very much!

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Nice to see another cobra owner in colorado. Are not too many. Hi I'm Gene and live in Denver. Scott at PP performance is a good local tuner. There is another cobra owner near you in longmont named matt. A great guy. He is also tuned by scott. He is running a ported eaton spray cobra. If you need some more info let me know. Congrats

Hey Gene,

Sounds great man! Thank you very much.. that puts my mind to ease a lot. I will be PM'ing you on and off, We will have to get some people together!

Dans02gt

Established Member
Sweet cobra man i love the color. You should check out Coloradostangs.com it a good website and have some fun events. You should bring it to RMMR in June.

Users who are viewing this thread