New cobra owner

nealc11b

Established Member
Picked up my 03 Mineral Gray cobra last week. Car has a magnaflow catback, filter, and a 2.93 pulley. I bought the car like that and put it on the dyno the day I got it to check air/fuel ratios out. IT must have a tune, since the a/f graph was spot on. Nice having a dyno at your convenience. (work at a performance shop)

So far, I did the MGW shifter today. Definately a big improvement over the stock shifter. Im excited to start adding some new mods to the car. Im switching over from the volkswagen world. My last vw made 712whp so not new to power. But anyways, heres some pictures I took. Let me know what
you think. Oh, and some pictures of my old vw.

IMG_1740r.jpg

IMG_1744r.jpg

IMG_1750r.jpg

IMG_1752r.jpg

And the vw. All fab work was done by myself. I work as the fabricator at my shop and do a lot of tig welding, etc.

imstar1.jpg

DSC_3768.jpg

8z2q0j.jpg

IMG_1680r.jpg

712whp.jpg

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Nice red X's you have there.....I think the site you linked is blocked at my work

Congrats either way.

Last edited:

pony23

Established Member
Nice Cobra, you picked the best color too!!! :) I just think you can't beat the sound of a nice v8. Especially with a blower on it.

Pretty sick VW you had there. Must have been a crazy ride with that much HP in it.

Jroc

Established Member
lol. My car had a 2.93, Magnaflow CB, and K&N when I bought it also. It also had a Tri-Ax.

Congrats, and nice ride!

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Nice color!

You should come out to the MACA GTG on 6/13 right near you in Hillendale. We are hoping to have 100+ Cobras there and there are a handful of MGs.

So you work at Tempest racing? I was out there not to long ago for a dyno tune (lund)

nealc11b

Established Member
no, i work at ISP Racing in Beltsville MD. We specialize in Toyota Supra's. I know Joe though. good guy. i might have to head out to the MACA meet. My next door neighbor has a silver cobra vert. So im gonna ask him more about it.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Looks like a winner. I didn't know you could stuff a Garrett the size of a watermelon under the hood of a VW, sick car:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread