New Cobra R Owner

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Dear Group,
I am happy to say I'm the proud owner of car #260.
My wife and I flew from Seattle to L.A. and picked the car up and drove it back up the coast. The origional owner was sad that we were going to put that many miles on the car, but I really bought the car to enjoy it. The car had 4,600 miles on it, now it has 6,000. I really love the car, but It was a bit hot in the L.A. traffic. After sitting for 6 years, the car did great. No issues at all. I plan to just enjoy the car, and get a few track days in at Pacific Raceway (after I do a few classes on track driving).
I just can't help but smile when I look at in the garage.
~Gary
2000 Mustang Cobra R

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Gary:

Congrats on the purchase. You have a great car. Enjoy it.

There is a plethora of 2000 Cobra R information contained in this forum. Probably the best place on the internet to be perfectly honest with you.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to run into Tim Brown at the track and check out his 2000 Cobra R.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

1993R

Established Member
Congrats. my whole family lives in Tacoma. You actually live in the only place I would live if I ever moved from the SE back up there.

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Driving the Car is a blast! The previous owner didn't give me the Key Fobs or the owners manual supplement. I have the black notebook, stickers, and car cover (previous owner states it's original). The car is 100% stock, including the tires. I figure the tires should be replaced being they are 11 years old and have a few cracks in sidewalls before taking it on the track.
I'm hunting eBay for the supplement.

TFStang

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to one very exclusive club. You will love owning and driving an R!

Be careful on the track and definately change the tires. :beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Driving the Car is a blast! The previous owner didn't give me the Key Fobs or the owners manual supplement. I have the black notebook, stickers, and car cover (previous owner states it's original). The car is 100% stock, including the tires. I figure the tires should be replaced being they are 11 years old and have a few cracks in sidewalls before taking it on the track.
I'm hunting eBay for the supplement.

Gary - Congrats!!

I found this 2000 Cobra R Supplement on eBay. They are quite hard to come by.........

2000 COBRA R MANUAL SVT FORD MUSTANG RARE | eBay

R

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I cant believe it, someone clicked buy at the same time! I lost out to someone in texas!

A friend of mine used to work at SVT and may have some of them left. He gave one to me, but it is part of my collection - PM me and I can check with him to see what he can score you. Congrats on the purchase!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I cant believe it, someone clicked buy at the same time! I lost out to someone in texas!

Yes Gary, I believe it. The rare Cobra R stuff disappears quick. There are many guys out there who have been searching for some specific rare items for months (in some cases years).

To some guys $150 for a 00R Supplement is wayyyyy beyond realistic, to others, they start to add up their time searching for such an item day after day, week after week or month after month and then realize that $150 is a Great bargain, pay it, have it, and be done with it, the key is, getting to it first.

I've been there!

R

Last edited:

GaryGrimm

Established Member
I was looking at a Cobra R online and noticed a little plaque with the car number between the tach and speedo. I have the metal plaque that came in the black book but my instrument cluster doesn't have the car number. Should I be worried that my dash was swapped out.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I was looking at a Cobra R online and noticed a little plaque with the car number between the tach and speedo. I have the metal plaque that came in the black book but my instrument cluster doesn't have the car number. Should I be worried that my dash was swapped out.

Most likely that's the same plaque. Each car only came with one. Some put them on/in the car and others left them in their binder.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

I believe that one was on eBay for a while. That "plaque" on the dash looked like something aftermarket that the previous owner slapped up there. It was also a bit cheesy.

EDIT: This one right here:

460994089_o.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread