New DD - Focus RS, on the dyno with 24 miles :)

Intervention302

Established Member
You need to pull the undertray to see it, but yeah, I saw it almost immediately while changing my oil and poking around at everything.
I'll change the oil around 1500-2000 miles and take a peek then

What's everybody running for oil.

Ford 5-50?

Was thinking royal purple hps

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
5w50 Motorcraft over here. I have a buddy in town who gets it through his work, it's like $7 per quart.

Mach828

Established Member
I would have a tune on that thing before it rolled off the dealership lot. So much to gain from a tune.

Fricken drive by wire man. RS just too much money. maybe in a few years Ill pick up a MKZ with the 3.0 eco and RS torque vectoring package since the price drops off a cliff.

This is my exact plan. I have a 2.0 ecoboost fusion right now. The MKZ was out of my price range but in a few years I'll be all over it. It would be such a sleeper too, I bet it will take down a lot of cars with minimal work. Huge potential on a 3.0 ecoboost, awd, at about 4,000lbs.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
awesome. that's how ive always been told you break in a new engine.

so is there no driveshaft? which would make sense since it uses the same body as standard focus..

Intervention302

Established Member

so is there no driveshaft? which would make sense since it uses the same body as standard focus..
There is a driveshaft... The FWD focus still have a hump in the rear floor. I assume for the exhaust.

Basically you pull power to the rear "diff" and you stop the electronic clutches from engaging

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

There is, it's very small.

Think of it like a Focus ST up front with more power, the PTU (power transfer) sends power towards the rear via drive shaft and the RDU (rear drive) decides how much power it wants and where it wants to put it. The front is an open diff and it uses the brakes for torque vectoring, which isn't really needed because the rear end does so much.

The markets say it can push 70% of the power to the rear, but the engineers say it can theoretically send 100% to the rear, but they have only seen as high as 95% in testing. It actually averages about 70% of the power going to the rear. Only in very light, constant speed situations will it disconnect the RDU and run FWD. It takes a lot more than we expected.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah it is.

I think that's easily the most common problem. Apparently the surface was not cleaned before the seals were installed. Stupid.

I'll get mine taken care of sometime later this year.
Yeah I'm planning to do the same, the leak isn't terrible but it is leaking. If figure within a few months Ford will have a TSB for it
I'm sure mine is leaking then

Is this easily visible from underneath? I really haven't looked underneath it yet

It possibly is, It seems about 50% percent of them are leaking. Just inspect it at 500 miles like me.

Intervention302

Established Member
I just picked up 15 quarts of Castrol GTX 5-50 for $83 at Advanced auto

$5.50 a quart

Users who are viewing this thread