New dyno #'s !! Snakebite and Stg V ...

St_Evo

Established Member
Well to make a long story short we both just go back from SGS Performance after a couple spins on the dyno. Here are the results and the mods...

Mods: '03 Cobra
Power : 519hp / 514tq

-Steggy Stg V w/ Accufab TB/PL
-2.93/4lb combo w/ idlers
-60lb inj w/ SCT BA2600 and BAP
-LFP RAI
-Bassani cat-delete midpipe w/ Borla catback

Mods: '02 Harley F-150
Power : 424hp / 524tq
-Steggy Snakebite w/ stg 2 TB/PL
-K&N RAI
-midpipe w/ cat delete and catback exhaust

St_Evo

Established Member
pretty good # massive torq from both of you guys..congrats

Thanks man! Here is a pic of my dyno sheet...let me know what you guys think of the curve.

Dyno-1.jpg

St_Evo

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHcS7be08w"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra Steig Stage V Ported Blower Dyno[/ame]

Black Sex

Established Member
Those are ok #'s, but Im not impressed if thats a snakebite* port. My car made 482rwhp/483rwtq with an unported blower and only 14psi (2.76 upper/stock lower) and your graph looks leaner than mine did.

St_Evo

Established Member
Those are ok #'s, but Im not impressed if thats a snakebite* port. My car made 482rwhp/483rwtq with an unported blower and only 14psi (2.76 upper/stock lower) and your graph looks leaner than mine did.

My car just has the Stg V port on it. The Harley truck has the Snakebite on it which I am personally not that impressed with but that's just my opinion. We couldn't get it to make nearly the power we were told it was going to make and when we called Stieg they figured it was b/c of the Cats being left in the exhaust. We then paid to have the shop remove the cats and not a single WHP was gained. Very Disappointing...

They tuned my car at 21* timing and 11.8-12.0 afr. Is that pretty common for these cars or is that running it a little agressive?

Black Sex

Established Member
My car just has the Stg V port on it. The Harley truck has the Snakebite on it which I am personally not that impressed with but that's just my opinion. We couldn't get it to make nearly the power we were told it was going to make and when we called Stieg they figured it was b/c of the Cats being left in the exhaust. We then paid to have the shop remove the cats and not a single WHP was gained. Very Disappointing...

They tuned my car at 21* timing and 11.8-12.0 afr. Is that pretty common for these cars or is that running it a little agressive?

Ooops, mybad. I misread it. The truck made ok tq (kinda sorta) but not really for the mods and being a 5.4. I would call Stieg and ask why you didnt gain after the cat removal like they said. What gas did you tune on? I used 91 and we had 19* timing and 11.7-11.8 AFR. The whole snakebite thing seems fishy. If it was that badass it would put a hurting on Whipple/KB sales and everyone would be running the snakebite, but I dont think thats the case.

Last edited:

St_Evo

Established Member
Ooops, mybad. I misread it. The truck made ok tq (kinda sorta) but not really for the mods and being a 5.4. I would call Stieg and ask why you didnt gain after the cat removal like they said. What gas did you tune on? I used 91 and we had 19* timing and 11.7-11.8 AFR. The whole snakebite thing seems fishy. If it was that badass it would put a hurting on Whipple/KB sales and everyone would be running the snakebite, but I dont think thats the case.

I had it tuned on 93oct so i'm not really sure if that makes a big difference over 91oct but I am assuming that is what I paid the tuner to figure out for me..Lol.

As for the Snakebite... I am really dissapointed in it and the only reason I could see someone paying the extra for it is if they don't want to mess with a lower pulley. After we got home the check engine light came on his truck and said their was a cylinder 4 misfire so maybe their was a plug issue the whole time and we are just being too hard on the Snakebite...but I doubt it. :shrug:

St_Evo

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PmQrcMgXA"]YouTube- 2002 Harley Davidson F-150 with Steig Snake Bite Blower.[/ame]

St_Evo

Established Member
I will give it this much, that trucks eaton does scream.

Here are a couple videos you guys might like. You can really hear the blower scream from the inside of the truck...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IsPD1c1_0"]YouTube- Harley F150 Snake Bite Eaton Incar[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhhcWvoS4pA"]YouTube- Harley F150 427 whp vs. Ported Eaton Cobra 519 whp[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOiWCVxrrok"]YouTube- Cobra Ported Eaton Flyby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmQuCek_Sg"]YouTube- Harley F150 Snake Bite Eaton Dyno[/ame]

dynobobstieg

You did a good job making 424 RWHP and 524 RWTQ, that equals 530 hp and 655 ft lb of torque at the crank out of a 5.4 2V on a 4-door R-150 Harley Truck with stock pulleys. With a missing cylinder on #4 you should take a plug reading and check for a cracked plug, plugs should be gapped at .035. If you have any other questions give us a call, we are always here for tech assistance if you need it. Thank you and we appreciate the time you took to post up your videos.:thumbsup:

Stiegemeier 636-949-2275

ttk53

Established Member
You did a good job making 424 RWHP and 524 RWTQ, that equals 530 hp and 655 ft lb of torque at the crank out of a 5.4 2V on a 4-door R-150 Harley Truck with stock pulleys. With a missing cylinder on #4 you should take a plug reading and check for a cracked plug, plugs should be gapped at .035. If you have any other questions give us a call, we are always here for tech assistance if you need it. Thank you and we appreciate the time you took to post up your videos.:thumbsup:

Stiegemeier 636-949-2275

but not stock boost! who cares what pulley?

St_Evo

Established Member
Still liking my IV 519/567 SAE.

Yea, your car is making great power. I would be happy with that also! What did you end up doing about the power falling off so soon on your graph? Did you change your pulley setup?

You did a good job making 424 RWHP and 524 RWTQ, that equals 530 hp and 655 ft lb of torque at the crank out of a 5.4 2V on a 4-door R-150 Harley Truck with stock pulleys.
Stiegemeier 636-949-2275

I appreciate your guys' help on this matter but I guess we should have done a little more research before we did the ported blower. We were happy with the sound and with the ease of installation but a little disatisfied with the power. We did however take your advise about the Cats in the exhaust, spend $140 at the shop to have all 4 of them gutted. Not a single whp difference. Oh well... :shrug:

You don't know what your talking about.

That is very impressive on an Eaton blown Lightning/Harley engine. 400hp/500tq is about the max without a bunch of supporting mods.

I am not sure what level the stock motor is capable of without having issues but he would like to be around 450whp/525wtq. Any way you could think to get us there? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread