New E92 M3 possibly 450hp

Dave07997S

Established Member
with a 4.0L V8 N/A revving to 9K rpm!! Man, between the FRPP parts released for the GT 500 and the new M3..decisions, decisions.

Dave

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave01M3 said:
with a 4.0L V8 N/A revving to 9K rpm!! Man, between the FRPP parts released for the GT 500 and the new M3..decisions, decisions.

Dave

Simple. Depends on whether you want to own, or be owned!!?? ;-) :poke:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Simple. Depends on whether you want to own, or be owned!!?? ;-) :poke:
:lol: :pop:

What kind of torque is it supposed to put out? I can't imagine that much running those RPM's and with that small of displacement. Also what is the projected weight of it?

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
sounds nice, but id still rather have a Gt500 :rockon:

Dave07997S

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
:lol: :pop:

What kind of torque is it supposed to put out? I can't imagine that much running those RPM's and with that small of displacement. Also what is the projected weight of it?

Well the E46 M3 revved to 8K rpm with the 3.2L I6, and the 5.0L V10 revvs to 8300rpm. There are some NA kits right now that have the E46 revving to 9k rpm, don't think it will live that long at that rpm as even the PTG cars cut it off at 8400rpm. As far as tq, it won't be much past 300 ft/lbs. That doesn't bother me as the car will probably have a 4.24 1st gear along with a 3.62 rear axle. Projected weight is around 3500lbs.

Dave

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Props to BMW for building a N/A guys wet dream, however, there can't be much left on the table from a pump gas motor that small either.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Props to BMW for building a N/A guys wet dream, however, there can't be much left on the table from a pump gas motor that small either.

So true, thats the way it is for the current M3. After you shell out 5-6k in mocs at best you get 20-30rwhp.l

Dave

Dave07997S

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dave:

With a difference of only 300# or so, it's going to be completely in the hands of the driver!? :-D

True, but the M3 even in current form ran rapshod over the Mustang this year in GrandAm. Once GrandAm limited the hp of the FR500 back down to 420 or so it was over for the Mustang this year. However, last I checked the Mustang didn't offer a Cammer motor in a production car, while the M3 had to use even the stock airbox and such.

I would love to get one (GT500) if the prices come down soon, other wise back into a M.

Dave

SteveEvo8

Established Member
I hope it has around 450. The m3 is truly one of the best performance cars made; Handling, interior, exterior, brakes and most of all performance. All of these are the reason the m3 is such a dominant car. The e46 is still my favorite M3, and probably my favorite car of the past 5-6 years. I am not sure if i like the new styling though, but i am sure once it's on the road it will be a style that grows on you.

Dave, how many more months do we have to wait for this?

I hope soon so the price of current e46's drop, i would love to pick up an e46 in the near future.

Steve. The e46 is still my favorite M3, and probably my favorite car of the past 5-6 years. I am not sure if i like the new styling though, but i am sure once it's on the road it will be a style that grows on you.

Dave, how many more months do we have to wait for this?

I hope soon so the price of current e46's drop, i would love to pick up an e46 in the near future.

Bruce don't go comparing apples to oranges:nono: :nono: .

Steve

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
True, but the M3 even in current form ran rapshod over the Mustang this year in GrandAm. ...I would love to get one (GT500) if the prices come down soon, other wise back into a M.

Dave

dave there is a big difference between stripped out race cars with professional drivers and street cars driven by suits!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!:idea:

and yes bruce has already shown us the gt500 handling will compete with the best the world has to offer by simply out driving the other guy/gal.:beer:

PilledV8s

Established Member
LeadSled1 said:
Whats the info and modibility on the twin turbo 335? That one looks interesting.

335I:
Generating 300-hp and class-leading 300 lb.-ft. of torque, this advanced six accelerates with a force that throws you back in your seat and doesn’t stop until redline. Turbo lag is a thing of the past, thanks to our inspired use of two turbochargers, each supplying three cylinders with compressed air.
3.0-Liter, twin turbocharged 6-cylinder engine
6-speed STEPTRONIC automatic
BMW Assist™ with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
BMW Ultimate Service™
Run-Flat Tires

FBMphil

Established Member
It's a shame that the new E92 coupes just look so...odd.

There's just something about them that just jumps out at me as different, I can't put my finger on it though...

PilledV8s

Established Member
FBMphil said:

There's just something about them that just jumps out at me as different, I can't put my finger on it though...

too me, they almost look like the new Lexus model lines....

Dave07997S

Established Member

too me, they almost look like the new Lexus model lines....

Agreed to a point, the new M3 will have flared fenders and new rear panels as well to hold larger tires and wider stance just like the E46 M3 vs. standard E46. That being said the GT500 looks "BADASS", and the only reason really to me that it is even still in the running for the capture of my dollar. I'm not really a bimmer guy, I'm a Ford guy that just fell in love with the E46 M3's at first sight. I don't have that same feeling with the E92 Coupe, their nice but they don't tickle me in the trousers like the E46 M3 did and the GT 500.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread