New exterior updates, and track wheels

01bluesnake

Established Member
Got around to snapping a few pics with the new hood and wheels on. The hood is made by Harwood and is carbon fiber. The outside also got all the corner markers, reverse, license plates and turn signal bulbs changed over to LED's. The headlights got 6K HID's and the fogs got deleted. I used some heavy gauge aluminum fencing wire mesh, works perfect and wont rust. The wheels are Weld Alumastar's up front in 17" with a 26" M&H bias ply. The rears are 15x10 Weld Weldstar's with a single outer beadlock from CWI on 275/60 M/T radials. I still have a GT500 rear valance to install for next weekend then exterior mods are done. :rockon:

cmc-cantigny-05_zps52c6c7ac.jpg

018_zps97cd4a70.jpg

017_zps42d11adb.jpg

016_zpsa48e0fac.jpg

014_zps9662cb6e.jpg

015_zps719df338.jpg

011_zps46d7beaf.jpg

012_zps5473ad32.jpg

006_zps2a319fc3.jpg

003_zpsc89eadcc.jpg

004_zpsc14e48d9.jpg

007_zps8fe17c87.jpg

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks guys :beer:

Looks good!!!
How much weight does that hood save?

Lol, it's actually heavier than the stock hood. I wasn't sure it would be less since it needs to be reinforced to support the cowl but was hoping. The stock aluminum hood is pretty light.

Looks good, when you getting back out to the track?

-Thomas

Not sure when i'm getting back out, but hoping in a few weeks. Still need to wrap up a few things on the car and get it on the dyno to dial in the E85 tune.

mhyjek

Established Member
Looks mean, like it alot. Always like the grabber color but felt to much blue the black sets it off just right.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Only thing to add is boss front facia, or CDC lip spoiler.

Thanks! I've thought about it a few times, but not sure if i would like the way it would look with the boss front facia. I'm not a fan of the CDC lip, just doesn't sit right with me.

Looks mean, like it alot. Always like the grabber color but felt to much blue the black sets it off just right.

Thanks, that was the look i was trying to go for. The color can be very overpowering which is why i also ordered a '12 and not a '13 at the time. I liked the black accents the '12 offered vs an all color keyed body. Last year when i had the polished RTS wheels, the car looked great but was way to bright. I'm happy with the overall look now, so will most likely stay.

Love that hood! How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you. The hood was $930 shipped if i remember correct, got a little discount. The hood fitment is another story though and is not a bolt on and go type hood. I figured a fiberglass hood that needed paint would be right around the same price, but wanted the carbon to help break up the cars color.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks. I've thought about different springs a few times vs the Steeda's i currently have, but want to hold off till final weight changes. The front end should come down a bit more once the turbo setup goes on, just trying to get some last of the year N/A runs out on the car with the CJ manifold setup.

Users who are viewing this thread