New GForce axle shafts for the Terminator - potential GB in the works

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
it would be interesting to see how these stack up against the dss pro-level's.

They are definitely less expensive, and look to use a similar upgraded CV, so I imagine these will still be a good choice. I think you have to replace the outer hub with the DSS kit (included in their kit, I believe), so one less step is involved here. Hopefully Casey will get back to me today, and I'll have a price if at least 10 orders go in.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Got an e-mail from Casey at GForce today about GB pricing. I mentioned that 10 could be a realistic start, which would put these at $1400 + shipping - a heck of a deal (he figured shipping would be around $35 or $40 in the lower 48 as an FYI). I mentioned that with Christmas coming up, it may not be a huge rush, but if there are guys interested between here and ModFords, I'll edit the first post at some point and get a list going.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
As we make our way through the holidays I want to bring this back up and see who else is interested so we can get this rolling.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Most people that own these cars are too broke to pay attention, as the expression goes. Had a handful of guys interested at ModFord's as well, but not really holding my breath on this one. Then again, I did mention to Casey that it could take several months to get ten orders together.

badmpg03

Established Member
I'm ready.... but I need to order now.
Trans is coming back out for work. Also putting in ftbr IRS kit next week, new drive shaft etc.
I figured I'll just call them direct and see if they can work any type of a deal to ship sooner. Not even sure if they are in stock.
I would not have known about their shafts unless I saw the thread on svtperformance and I was about to buy dss shafts. Jrgoffin, if cool with you Iwill try and see if my purchase will contribute to group buy. Would love to get them with the cheaper pricing if I can.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You have to get in touch with Casey at GForce and see how he is willing to handle it. There was no hurry, but again, it seemed like these were too pricey for most people even as a GB. They aren't on my "must-have" list, but I figured there may still be a handful of guys that would dig getting a deal, so I gave it a shot.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Most people that own these cars are too broke to pay attention, as the expression goes. Had a handful of guys interested at ModFord's as well, but not really holding my breath on this one. Then again, I did mention to Casey that it could take several months to get ten orders together.

It has nothing to do with money for a lot of us, it has to do with shelling out $1500 for an untested product that has a known weak failure point which we don't know has been addressed or not, and the fact that a bolt in solid rear, even at $2500 will hold up significantly better. Basically, while the wheel hop breakage points have been addressed, hard launch prone failure points have not seemed to make any apparent advantage over stock half shafts.

Get some actual full weight 60' tests on these half shafts and maybe you will get more interest. Until then, I'm going to write this off as another DSS half shaft waste of money.

I've been mulling over the SRA swap or upgraded half shafts for a while and really would like to see some definitive proof on how these will hold up to a full weight 1.3 60'.

GodStang

Established Member
It has nothing to do with money for a lot of us, it has to do with shelling out $1500 for an untested product that has a known weak failure point which we don't know has been addressed or not, and the fact that a bolt in solid rear, even at $2500 will hold up significantly better. Basically, while the wheel hop breakage points have been addressed, hard launch prone failure points have not seemed to make any apparent advantage over stock half shafts.

Get some actual full weight 60' tests on these half shafts and maybe you will get more interest. Until then, I'm going to write this off as another DSS half shaft waste of money.

I've been mulling over the SRA swap or upgraded half shafts for a while and really would like to see some definitive proof on how these will hold up to a full weight 1.3 60'.

Ya this sums it up. As one of the people who have broken lvl 5s it is a mod I wish I saved my money on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
A lot of what keeps axles living on the IRS is axle bind. The IRS moves too much causing the axle u joints to "Bind" up and break. Doesn't matter how strong you build the axle, if it binds it's going to break.

I have seen a lot of fast cars on stock axles. If you want to go really fast, go solid and be done with it. Already proven and a million ways to do it.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Considering these are made by the company that produces the S550 version for Ford Racing, I’m sure there has been enough R&D on them to ensure their viability. My interest in them has zero to do with drag racing, and since most that do are never happy with the IRS, these look to be even a step up from what has been previously offered. If you are looking for more testing data, you can probably find that right from GForce or even Ford Racing.

As for the cost, I have received plenty of e-mail and PM’s here, through ModFord’s, Facebook, and my own site asking about better deals, delays so that guys can save money/sell parts to get money, waiting for next paychecks, etc., etc. So yes, there are plenty of people that don’t have funds. Considering the age of the cars, and the crop of many young owners, the lack of funds when they are already making payments is a legitimate concern. If there is a way to spread the word about a premium part and save those that can afford them a little cash, I was happy to help.

Ya this sums it up. As one of the people who have broken lvl 5s it is a mod I wish I saved my money on.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have also been plenty of people that have had decent luck with DSS.

A lot of what keeps axles living on the IRS is axle bind. The IRS moves too much causing the axle u joints to "Bind" up and break. Doesn't matter how strong you build the axle, if it binds it's going to break.

I have seen a lot of fast cars on stock axles. If you want to go really fast, go solid and be done with it. Already proven and a million ways to do it.

My interest, again, is not from a drag racing perspective, but rather to spread the word about an upgraded part. If guys are going to hit the quarter mile with these, stock shafts, or solid axles, it is their prerogative to try what they see fit.

cmac29

Established Member
Looks like they have a set rated at 850hp for 1499 and another set for 1699 but the description for both are the same lol. Probably need to call and find out the difference. Maybe if they start competing in price with dss we can see some price drops or at least special price sales

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread