New GForce axle shafts for the Terminator - potential GB in the works

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Whats the deal with the group buy? The person that was going to build my SRA kept pushing the completion date back and if the group buy is still going on I want to hop on board.

Also, do they come with the ABS ring yeT?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Whats the deal with the group buy? The person that was going to build my SRA kept pushing the completion date back and if the group buy is still going on I want to hop on board.

Also, do they come with the ABS ring yeT?

You have to reuse your old ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Has anybody run these axles yet with feedback??

I bit the bullet and bought some. I was in dire need of some axles. Having broken a stock one already, and the opposite side axle questionable. I didn't wanna replace it with another factory one. I haven't had a chance to hit the track yet. I will say that they're like pieces of jewelry. Very nice, high quality stuff. Fit and finish was great too.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
So is there definitely ZERO chance of a group buy? I'd like to buy them yesterday.

danterakin

Established Member
I just recieved the gfroce axles and currently have an issue where the hub does not spin when the shafts are fully bottomed out into the knuckle. Something is binding either the half shaft is touching the hub bearings snap ring or the outermost diameter is pressing itself into the knuckle. Noticeable differences between stock shafts and gforce is that the stocks cone in towards the end of the shaft as well it has slightly longer extrusion on the surface that is to mate to the hub bearing.

Attachments

• Half shaft face 4 .jpg
    Half shaft face 4 .jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Half shaft face 2 .jpg
    Half shaft face 2 .jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 130

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I just recieved the gfroce axles and currently have an issue where the hub does not spin when the shafts are fully bottomed out into the knuckle. Something is binding either the half shaft is touching the hub bearings snap ring or the outermost diameter is pressing itself into the knuckle. Noticeable differences between stock shafts and gforce is that the stocks cone in towards the end of the shaft as well it has slightly longer extrusion on the surface that is to mate to the hub bearing.

Did you call G force, what did they say? They are labeled left and right. Do you have them on the proper side? I didn't have any issues when installing mine.

badmpg03

Established Member
Did you call G force, what did they say? They are labeled left and right. Do you have them on the proper side? I didn't have any issues when installing mine.

Mine also installed OK. Having major vibration issues, we actually though it might be the shafts but it is still there when we swapped the stock ones back in.

I did a full T56 mag / FTBR Kit and shafts install.

danterakin

Established Member
Yes, I called them this morning, they wanted me to ship them back but I told them how about I send you pictures. Waiting on their response but they said that they have not heard of this issue. Not sure how many others have installed these but other than you, no one else got them on that I know of.

danterakin

Established Member
Interesting, when you fully torqued the axle nut, did you check that it spun freely? I have FTBR and no vibrations from that but I have stock T56 at the moment. I wonder if you set the correct pinion angle because the FTBR kit differential mount is adjustable in height solely to adjust pinion angle.
Mine also installed OK. Having major vibration issues, we actually though it might be the shafts but it is still there when we swapped the stock ones back in.

badmpg03

Established Member
Interesting, when you fully torqued the axle nut, did you check that it spun freely? I have FTBR and no vibrations from that but I have stock T56 at the moment. I wonder if you set the correct pinion angle because the FTBR kit differential mount is adjustable in height solely to adjust pinion angle.

Thanks for tips, it might be pinion angle, we are looking at that now. I am actually not doing anything but bugging my shop, they are doing all the work. D&D Performance are good guys and said they would send me test driveshaft too if it is still a driveshaft problem, I have been through 2 of them though.

danterakin

Established Member
So, I feel stupid but I completely overlooked the ebrake cable support on the knuckle...that ended up being the culprit as the halfs was hitting that surface. I took a file to it and all is good! Passenger side cleared no problem.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I'm still waiting on someone to make some hard launches on these,so as soon as someone does, PLEASE post up the results! I really need to get my butt in gear and order the half shafts or a SRA.

danterakin

Established Member
I'm still waiting on someone to make some hard launches on these,so as soon as someone does, PLEASE post up the results! I really need to get my butt in gear and order the half shafts or a SRA.
The only thing that I can see someone not wanting them is because the abs rings...other than that, it should be kinda a no brainer to get with the lifetime warranty

Users who are viewing this thread